How many calories for breakfast?

Replies

• yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    My breakfast is around 350 cals
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    I always eat breakfast, and it's around 500-700 calories.

Holy cow! 700 cals for breakfast?! Do you still lose weight or are you just maintaining?

Do you eat less later in the day then?
    I'm actually trying to gain, but I would still be around 500-600 for maintaining. My calorie maintenance is a little over 2,000 a day, which is probably higher than yours.

The app has me at 1200 calories a day. :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Usually 600-700 cals per breakfast. It's my favorite meal though. I tend to go big at breakfast, go light at lunch, medium dinner, and then have an evening snack.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

Holy cow! 700 cals for breakfast?! Do you still lose weight or are you just maintaining?

I'm actually trying to gain, but I would still be around 500-600 for maintaining. My calorie maintenance is a little over 2,000 a day, which is probably higher than yours.

The app has me at 1200 calories a day. :(

When I was losing weight, I ate 1200 calories not counting exercise, and my usual breakfast was a protein bar or fruit with a little peanut butter, about 200 calories. HOWEVER, I am very short (under 5 feet). If you're not very short, then you can probably eat more than 1200 and still lose weight. Set your rate of loss to 1 pound per week and see if you get a larger calorie allowance.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    I eat the same breakfast every day. 416 calories.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

He's also a guy...men typically have higher, often substantially higher calorie requirements.

If I ate 700 calories at every meal for three meals per day with no snacking I'd lose about 2 Lbs per week. I need around 3,000 calories to maintain weight.

You can't compare yourself to a male. And really, you can't compare your calorie targets to anyone else's given that it will be highly variable and dependent on their stats and activity levels.
    What he said. We're kind of lucky in that department. We can lose weight and fit our high caloric meals compared to women who have to work with lower calorie numbers in general.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member

Are you sure that's your maintenance :/ I eating close to that per day and losing average 1lb a week
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

Are you sure that's your maintenance :/ I eating close to that per day and losing average 1lb a week
    Prior to gaining, I was logging my maintenance at about 2300 with a desk job and about 2 hrs of cardio per week. I'm not doing much cardio right now while bulking, so my maintenance is probably closer to 2100-2200. I haven't been logging, but I think I'm doing around 2500 while gaining.

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member

Prior to gaining, I was logging my maintenance at about 2300 with a desk job and about 2 hrs of cardio per week. I'm not doing much cardio right now while bulking, so my maintenance is probably closer to 2100-2200. I haven't been logging, but I think I'm doing around 2500 while gaining.

Ah your not logging so your probably eating more than you think ;) not a problem if your wanting to gain
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    400-500 cals usually. A few slices of toast with peanut butter and jam. Keeps me full until I have to eat again.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    depends on your goals. I am weightlifting and bulking so I eat around 600 by 11am, not all at once though because i'd get too full. I spread it out with some snacks. The breakfast that leaves me feeling most full is mixing a serving of plain cereal (life, frosted flakes, cheerios) with a cup of greek yogurt.
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    I enjoy a cup of coffee, a couple dark chocolate squares, and a quest bar for breakfast, which keeps me full for at least 5-6 hours. I like the protein and the taste of most QB flavors. So all in all I eat between 250-350 calories in the morning! :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I love breakfast. Mine is between 500 and 600 calories. I pretty much eat the same thing everyday out of convenience.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    491 if before rowing, 411 if before spin class, about 630 if no workout right after breakfast - consistent breakfast choices for each situation. This is on about 2100 or so gross calories most workout days, 1850 goal on rest days, to lose 0.5 pounds a week or a little slower. (Theoretically I'm in maintenance, but up a bit from my best weight.)

The "no workout" version was maybe 150 fewer calories while in a bigger calorie deficit. I need a solid breakfast, or my day goes poorly.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member

Ah your not logging so your probably eating more than you think ;) not a problem if your wanting to gain
    It's possible, but not likely to be off by a substantial amount.

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I am typically hungry later in the day so I save most of my calories for then. My “breakfast” (whenever I get around to eating it) is usually 200-300 calories. It is more like 800 if it’s before a long run (15+ miles) but that’s only one day a week and my calories are much higher in general that day.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Around 400 for breakfast, much more for lunch (often around 750), 500 ish for dinner. And 2 snacks. I'm maintaining and on 2000C a day.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I eat breakfast everyday, but put it off as long as possible because I’m not hungry until I eat breakfast but once I eat I’m am hungry again 2 hrs later.

My breakfast is always a packet of plain porridge oats which I make with water - 100 calories. I take it to work and eat around 10 am.

I eat 1200 cals a day (I’m very short) and aim for 100 cals breakfast, 300 cals lunch, 100 cals afternoon snack, 500 cals dinner, 100 cals evening snack.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    60 from almond milk. I have never been a breakfast person. Occasionally if I’m hungry in the morning I’ll have 200ish. Usually a bar and fruit.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just wondering how many calories people have for just breakfast. Do you have breakfast at all?

I find if I don't eat bfast then I tend to eat more in the evening. But I'm not really hungry at bfast. So I don't always eat. But I'm starving by lunch.

Any go to faves for feeling full through till lunch?

whats wrong with that? why force self to eat when not hungry in morning to avoid eating at night when you are hungry?