Locked Diary..Why?

Options
13»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Why not? The default is to have it private and I haven't found a need to change that. I don't have nor need friends on MFP, I don't ask for diet related advice, I track homemade foods more than I do packaged foods give I make most of my meals, and so on. I just don't have the need to go in and change the diary setting to public and even less so to friends only.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, if they're interested, I sometimes look at other friends diaries for new ideas or just out of interest to compare against mine. I don't eat enough fruit and veg so I get motivated to try harder when I see how other people have fitted lots into their allowance.
    Also if I know someone can see what I'm eating it's easier to resist cake, there is so much cake around at the moment due to July being a popular birthday month.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand this need to share all kinds of information online. This includes a food diary.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand this need to share all kinds of information online. This includes a food diary.

In my case, I would like to share my diary because I really like being helpful, but it would be more of a hindrance to me, so it isn't worth it.
  • SamskiB
    SamskiB Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Because it’s nobody’s business what I eat

This.