Pet peeves

Options

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    jruch23 wrote: »
    When you're driving and someone pulls out in front of you from a side street and don't speed up. People who brake before using their turn signal so then I have to slam on my brakes.

Or people who don't use their turn signal at all!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Parents that feel shaming their chikdren is an effective form of discipline.

It’s scary to me, how many parents feel it is an appropriate way to punish. You should have seen this Mother this morning at drop off, yelling at her son and name calling him through the car window because he closed the door a little hard. I think if I was anywhere that wasn’t in front of my sons school it would have turned ugly. Some people really just don’t deserve the kids they are blessed with.

Omg...I saw this on a Facebook page that is like a rant and rave for our town of about 5k people. Someone ranted about seeing a young girl walking a dog and the girl didn't pick up the dogs poop . So the mother read this, realized it was her daughter and made a video shaming the girl into a video apology on the page for everyone to see. Nonetheless luckily people complained and the thread was deleted. I felt bad for the little girl:(
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    Parents that feel shaming their chikdren is an effective form of discipline.

It’s scary to me, how many parents feel it is an appropriate way to punish. You should have seen this Mother this morning at drop off, yelling at her son and name calling him through the car window because he closed the door a little hard. I think if I was anywhere that wasn’t in front of my sons school it would have turned ugly. Some people really just don’t deserve the kids they are blessed with.

Omg...I saw this on a Facebook page that is like a rant and rave for our town of about 5k people. Someone ranted about seeing a young girl walking a dog and the girl didn't pick up the dogs poop . So the mother read this, realized it was her daughter and made a video shaming the girl into a video apology on the page for everyone to see. Nonetheless luckily people complained and the thread was deleted. I felt bad for the little girl:(

And sadly the damage had already been done. I think adults often forget, kids are just kids, we hold them to the standards that we hold ourselves too and set impossibly high expectations. People make mistakes. Shoot, I know adults take their dogs out and forget a doggy bag. We need to make an effort of using our children’s mistakes as teaching moments not moments to shame and belittle. Poor kid, I feel for her.
  • alicehobbisxx
    alicehobbisxx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When people don't stay in their lane at a swimming pool.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    When a superior emails me "Your welcome"
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    When a superior emails me "Your welcome"

Cringe.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If my call is so important to you, answer the damned phone!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    When traffic is heavy,
    at a light that has right and left turn lanes, traffic backed up for a block,
    half the cars are at least a car length away from the car in front of them.
    Pull up!
    The light turns green, 4 cars get through.
    Ahhhhhhhhh :s
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »

When I was a kid, the dog walked himself. We ran over the poop with the lawn mower. It make the grass green.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Receiving emails when a phone call would have been more efficient.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Receiving emails when a phone call would have been more efficient.

And vice versa.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options

How can you hate this

pu368al7zxnc.jpg

He's just trying to make a living like the rest of us

Not having an LOL option on MFP message boards...

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When traffic is heavy,
    at a light that has right and left turn lanes, traffic backed up for a block,
    half the cars are at least a car length away from the car in front of them.
    Pull up!
    The light turns green, 4 cars get through.
    Ahhhhhhhhh :s

This must have been stated before in this thread, but if so then it bears repeating:

People at the front of the left turn lane who wait until ALL cars going in the opposite direction have passed before even thinking of entering the intersection--you need to get up there! You are supposed to be ready to turn, when, ya' know, IT'S YOUR TURN.

• Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Customers that stare at you the entire time or try to flirt, people pushing strollers around stores who think they own the god damn aisle, animals dressed as humans and a ton more

How can you hate this

pu368al7zxnc.jpg

He's just trying to make a living like the rest of us
    Customers that stare at you the entire time or try to flirt, people pushing strollers around stores who think they own the god damn aisle, animals dressed as humans and a ton more

OOPS... totally guilty
    giru1a5dwk7d.jpg

😍😍😍😍
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When my kids' friends leave half empty soda and water bottles on the counter, then leave. When people leave trash in my car. If you brought it in, you take it out.