Ignoring mfp and listening to your body

Options
I am feeling so fatigued! I love working out, and over the past 3 weeks I have been on a fairly aggressive cut (it felt aggressive to me). So I am starting the week by ignoring the mfp calories intake suggestions and listening more to my body.

I just feel that I am drained on the low calories that it is suggesting, and whilst I want to lose a lb or 2 I can’t do it to the detriment of my health.

Has anyone else listened to their own body’s needs rather than what an online calculator has suggested??...I am scared that I will gain

Replies

• kathan01
    kathan01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do as well, sometimes I feel I'm constantly counting cal. then living my life so I just stop for a while and be more cautious of my daily intake. You do what ever you have to do to keep going and gets you to your goal.
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Spitspot81 wrote: »
    I am feeling so fatigued! I love working out, and over the past 3 weeks I have been on a fairly aggressive cut (it felt aggressive to me). So I am starting the week by ignoring the mfp calories intake suggestions and listening more to my body.

I just feel that I am drained on the low calories that it is suggesting, and whilst I want to lose a lb or 2 I can’t do it to the detriment of my health.

Has anyone else listened to their own body’s needs rather than what an online calculator has suggested??...I am scared that I will gain

You set MFP to an 'aggressive' cut, not sure why you're then blaming MFP for being fatigued?

I set it to lose the minimum amount, 0.2 per week which gave me 1400 Cals per day. I am not overweight, I weigh 124lbs at 5ft4. I am just trying to reduce my bf% and I thought the best way of doing that was to follow a lifting programme. The lifting program has left me feeling more fatigued than my previous cardio workouts were. I have not been eating back any exercise calories. This week I am making a big effort to ensure my protein intake is sufficient, and I have set my goals to maintain, which has me at 1700 Cals per day
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I spent the last 4 years listening to my body, and gained 50 pounds. So, no, I don't listen to my body anymore. Regarding your fatigue, have your Dr. check your Vitamin D and B12 levels. Both of those will cause fatigue when they are low. I am on the 1200 calories and I am watching my calories and carbs and I make sure that what I eat is providing me sufficient energy. I know about fatigue, because I have fibromyalgia. Are you getting enough sleep? Do you have a routine bed time and get up time? If you are tired because you aren't sleeping well, you may need a sleep study and if you have trouble going to sleep, you might want to try a sleep medication. Make sure that your world is not revolving around food and food related activities And then, don't make any more excuses - just do it.
  • LondonSummer2018
    LondonSummer2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My body maintains if I eat intuitively.... it took a while to get to that point but now it’s consistent.
  • LondonSummer2018
    LondonSummer2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I thought I was greedy most of my life... but once I got used to IE I realised I wasn’t, and that if given the option I don’t eat anything beyond normal amounts ... but it took a while to get to that point which was scary.

that’s just my experience though and I very much appreciate every body is different and everybody finds different things that suit them
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    So basically you are not fueling your lifting program and wondering why you are fatigued?

Yes it would appear so. I haven’t been eating back exercise Cals

My first question should have been to ask if you are eating your exercise calories. Start with that for a few weeks and see if that helps.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options

You set MFP to an 'aggressive' cut, not sure why you're then blaming MFP for being fatigued?

I set it to lose the minimum amount, 0.2 per week which gave me 1400 Cals per day. I am not overweight, I weigh 124lbs at 5ft4. I am just trying to reduce my bf% and I thought the best way of doing that was to follow a lifting programme. The lifting program has left me feeling more fatigued than my previous cardio workouts were. I have not been eating back any exercise calories. This week I am making a big effort to ensure my protein intake is sufficient, and I have set my goals to maintain, which has me at 1700 Cals per day

You might find this thread interesting and useful:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat