August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    In California pedestrians have the right of way, period, if they are in a crosswalk or not which is why I get crazy that cars do not stop or look at intersections where there is a crosswalk and stop signs. At the 4-way where I cross it has gotten so bad (several people and cyclists hit and at least 2 killed) That they have put up huge stop signs and painted the poles red. I don't think it will help, drivers just don't notice. They will need to put in an actual light, maybe with enforceable cameras.
    Night running - I don't like to walk w/o reflective clothes or lights let alone run. It is hard enough to be seen by unseeing drivers in the daylight, so if you make yourself invisible they will definitely not see you at night. Unless that is the driver is @kcs76!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq - I don't think I really hit a 'funk' period for a few years after I started running and had run many (15-20) HMs. At some point it just seemed pointless and I questioned what the heck I was doing day after day, week after week... but here I am still doing it!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins well done!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo No slacking!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent thanks!
    My body is now demanding a substantial meal and a recovery nap, preferably an 8-hour long one :D
    I really hope the delivery people I'm stuck at home waiting for hurries up.... the fact it is stopping me from heading out for the fast food I'm craving and forcing me to cook something relatively healthy instead is good but the fact if I head for bed the doorbell is bound to ring and they'll catch me in total zombie mode isn't.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    EWrf, they are calling for high humidity and temps again. I thought we were beyond this. :(