WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Hi all! Been traveling nonstop for the last 7 days! No catching up here! Lol. We drove 1800 miles in those 6 days to arrive in Roswell New Mexico. We have a hosting job here. First time. Will try it to see if we will continue doing this or not.

Have to go, just wanted to check in.

RV Rita in Roswell New Mexico

My husband and I are very interested in your experience hosting as we have considered trying it. Let us know :)

Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Olivia)))) <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Snowflake ~ I grew up with my father's entire family living within a quarter of a mile of each other. When I walked home after the bus stop, my uncle's house was on the left, grandparent's house on the right, aunt's house on the left, and finally my house on the right. The whole family attended the small Baptist church near by. I grew up playing with my cousins. My mother did not get along with any of them so they never came to our house to play. :(
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    So lovely to see Olivia again. Lovely to watch her growing up. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    HEATHER really enjoyed your <3 husband first book Glint of Silver I love historical mysteries. Will be downloading book 2

Kate UK
  • tkakes66
    tkakes66 Posts: 2 Member
    I hope we'll do something like this for September! I missed August.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Kate UK - I didn't find no 2 quite as good as the first, but the third one is excellent. Obviously it's best to read them in order though.
    DH says "Thank you very much" :D
    Did you just watch the Adrian Chiles programme on alcohol consumption. BBC 2? Very good, I thought.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    tkakes66 wrote: »
    I hope we'll do something like this for September! I missed August.

There is a new post started on the first of every month. :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    I just realized when I scrolled past the pictures I posted both of these houses are no longer there. I knew it, of course, but my brother just tore my parents house down this month and I had forgotten for a bit. My grandparents has been gone since 2010. This is a view from my brothers house where these houses used to be now. o6omv4s2ln0r.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    im home, jammies and in bed... long day..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,283 Member
    Rita - back to Roswell! Yes, I too am curious about the hosting.

My parents' farm was right next to my grandparents'. It was a hike thru the cornfield or over the snowdrifts to get to grand's house (we weren't allowed on the county road when we were little of course) but great memories. Probably half a mild between the houses...close enough but not too close.

We were so lucky to live next to them and grow up steeped in family history and their love like that.

Lanette
    SW WA State B)

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited August 2018
    Greetings Ladies - Visiting with our friends was great. I'm starving, I had some turkey at lunch, it was a VERY limited menu. I'm getting ready to go fix my dinner.

I'm the oddball again, I can't do the tumeric capsules. I have tried twice and both times my finger joints get so sore it hurts to bend my fingers. It could be coincidental, but since it happened twice several months apart, I'm done with them.

Happy Saturday evening!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

MACHKA......I've been on them for a couple weeks now, but the jury is still out. They were supposed to go a long way to get rid of the joint pain in my feet ... but if anything that's worse. Plus my hips have been really acting up in the last few days.

They may not be causing the pain, but they don't seem to be helping.

Thanks to OKIE & MACHKA & LISA .....for the review. You are not odd at all. Someone....LISA mentioned another med for arthritis Glucosamine,that did nothing for me. After a yr,gave what was left to a neighbor..........Melatonin doesn’t work for me,but does for a DD. I’m weird for sure.
    Runs in my family.Sis is allergic to most meds.Have to be careful adding to meds I already take. Thanks again,Pat in Oh
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Mmm
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Caught up! This summer has been very busy for us. My husband had a minor medical emergency while he was traveling for work and had to have surgery while he was in Atlanta. While they were taking care of that problem, they discovered a small tumor in his bladder, which they removed, thankfully, because it was cancer. Very small so no follow up treatment for that is necessary, but he will be checked out every 3-6 months for, I don't know how long. He is feeling old. :confounded:

On the positive side, we had a fun time in Vegas earlier this summer, and my husband and I are going to London for almost a week at the end of September for a conference he has to attend. It will be my first time, although he's been there a few times in the past few years.

Much love to all.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

I was just wondering yesterday where tou were. Glad all is good, nice to have you post.

Janetr OKC