If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Tahini Date-Nut Breadumzh8yksiznf.png
    vv5py44xg81a.png
    ellwl5wveybr.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Pistachio croissants imw07ub1ls4s.jpeg
    fs86h11bbt4n.jpeg
    gyn3p7ltw7de.jpeg
    gf29uab169ep.jpeg
    ystmrkjt88lw.jpeg
    thjq1yf05cr6.jpeg
    8stvjqtb4aa8.jpeg
    ixnibeeqkwcl.jpeg
    tlfpmkj7v1yi.jpeg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    Pistachio croissants

Mmmm.

Even looks like there just ~might~ be enough for both of us.... as long as you don't want too many.

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Ten more of these please
    Vegan blueberry cheesecake opozccxsvjmx.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    @VegjoyP mmmmm those first pancakes yes!!!

3650io3vpk42.jpeg
    More pistachio deliciousness. Had to post multiple so there’s enough to share @mtaratoot 😉een97kzwpngt.jpeg

alvab0meva1y.jpeg

324alunmtf36.jpeg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Now if we can find a way to put some kind of pistachio goodness on a bagel instead of a doughnut, I'm all over it like flies on.... cats.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234

Now if we can find a way to put some kind of pistachio goodness on a bagel instead of a doughnut, I'm all over it like flies on.... cats.

Now we're talking! I too was looking at that topping and thinking....I just want the topping...on a bagel sounds so so good!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    gzdc53baaxqs.png
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234

Now we're talking! I too was looking at that topping and thinking....I just want the topping...on a bagel sounds so so good!

I think it can be done, and I don't think it has to include maple syrup or other sweet stuff. Here's a few ideas that I think would be really good. As for the bagel underneath, I have been sticking with a whole grain rye bagel, but the shop also makes a really good "everything" bagel. In fact, they also have "Firesticks." It's the dough from a jalapeño bagel formed into a cylinder and not into a round shape, then covered with cheddar before it's baked.....
    • Simplest: Bagel with cream cheese and salted pistachio. Maybe a thin slice of prosciutto or lox the nuts.
    • Next: Firestick with pesto spread, salted pistachio, and capers
    • Deluxe: Bagel with hummus, salted pistachio, red onion, and pickled garlic

I could go on.....
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

I think it can be done, and I don't think it has to include maple syrup or other sweet stuff. Here's a few ideas that I think would be really good. As for the bagel underneath, I have been sticking with a whole grain rye bagel, but the shop also makes a really good "everything" bagel. In fact, they also have "Firesticks." It's the dough from a jalapeño bagel formed into a cylinder and not into a round shape, then covered with cheddar before it's baked.....
    • Simplest: Bagel with cream cheese and salted pistachio. Maybe a thin slice of prosciutto or lox the nuts.

I could go on.....

Wow...you are committed! Love it lol! I'd ❤️that whole grain rye bagel and I'll get that 'Deluxe' one...times two😛. Do you deliver?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

I could go on.....

Wow...you are committed! Love it lol! I'd ❤️that whole grain rye bagel and I'll get that 'Deluxe' one...times two😛. Do you deliver?

It's going to be a DIY kind of thing. My bagel shop does not have pistachios. They do have hummus. They have a myriad of other toppings.

Favorite combos include:
    • Cream cheese, shredded carrots, black olives, green onion
    • Cream cheese, with Walnuts and Raisins on top
    • Cream cheese, Walnuts and Raisins, and Marionberry or Jalapeno jelly
    • Cream cheese, Tomatoes, Green and Red Onions
    • Avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lemon juice
    • Pesto Cream cheese, Tomato and Black Olives
    • Hummus, Cucumber, Green Onion, Special Sauce (sweet dill mustard)
    • Peanut butter, Honey Sriracha spread, shredded Carrots, Cucumber and Red Onion
    • Cream cheese, Lox, Tomatoes, Onions and Capers
    • Oregon caught and smoked Cream cheese, Tomatoes and Onions
    • Cream cheese, Smoked Turkey, Tomatoes, and Onions
    • Cream cheese, Pastrami, Tomatoes and Onions
    • Cream cheese mixed with basil, olive oil, walnuts and garlic
    • Cream cheese mixed with carrots, green onion, celery, green olives, parsley and garlic
    • Cream cheese, Sriracha, honey, garlic, green onion and cilantro
    • Garbanzos, tahini, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and spices
    • Cream cheese, dill pickles, horseradish, dill weed

I try to limit myself to one bagel per week. Maybe two. It's about a three mile walk round trip to get one. Adds about a mile to my walk to the post office to check mail.

Delivery by bicycle, so range is limited, and my delivery fee is not realistic :lol:

But it wouldn't be hard to add some shelled pistachios to any of those bagels. I bet hazelnuts would be good too.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    c5g3xn4tum58.jpg
    76aq9alkg7gj.jpg
    0ivnlb8a8doh.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

I could go on.....

It's going to be a DIY kind of thing. My bagel shop does not have pistachios. They do have hummus. They have a myriad of other toppings.

Favorite combos include:
    • Cream cheese, shredded carrots, black olives, green onion
    • Cream cheese, with Walnuts and Raisins on top
    • Cream cheese, Walnuts and Raisins, and Marionberry or Jalapeno jelly
    • Cream cheese, Tomatoes, Green and Red Onions
    • Avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lemon juice
    • Pesto Cream cheese, Tomato and Black Olives
    • Hummus, Cucumber, Green Onion, Special Sauce (sweet dill mustard)
    • Peanut butter, Honey Sriracha spread, shredded Carrots, Cucumber and Red Onion
    • Cream cheese, Lox, Tomatoes, Onions and Capers
    • Oregon caught and smoked Cream cheese, Tomatoes and Onions
    • Cream cheese, Smoked Turkey, Tomatoes, and Onions
    • Cream cheese, Pastrami, Tomatoes and Onions
    • Cream cheese mixed with basil, olive oil, walnuts and garlic
    • Cream cheese mixed with carrots, green onion, celery, green olives, parsley and garlic
    • Cream cheese, Sriracha, honey, garlic, green onion and cilantro
    • Garbanzos, tahini, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and spices
    • Cream cheese, dill pickles, horseradish, dill weed

I try to limit myself to one bagel per week. Maybe two. It's about a three mile walk round trip to get one. Adds about a mile to my walk to the post office to check mail.

Delivery by bicycle, so range is limited, and my delivery fee is not realistic :lol:

But it wouldn't be hard to add some shelled pistachios to any of those bagels. I bet hazelnuts would be good too.

Wow those sound delicious! I’ve never had a bagel done up like that. I’ve only had them with butter or cream cheese lol.

Have a weird craving for creamsicle soft serve. t2v7yx7dl1i6.jpeg
    68aulll4er1c.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    thvizpvdniki.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    thvizpvdniki.jpg

I thought peanut butter M&Ms were called "Reese's Pieces."
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    thvizpvdniki.jpg

PB M&Ms are like less good reeses pieces lol. Give me some peanut ones or pretzel ones or the new cookie dough ones!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    thvizpvdniki.jpg

PB M&Ms are like less good reeses pieces lol. Give me some peanut ones or pretzel ones or the new cookie dough ones!

There are cookie dough M&Ms?!? I need to try those!

@mtararoot - Reese's Pieces are a totally different craving. LOL
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Some might find this bit of information unsettling to their digestive sensibilities, but I thought it was a good way to think about it. It is about raft trips, sanitation, and hand-washing, but the reality is it applies to daily life as well...

On raft trips, there's always a hand wash station near the kitchen. Nobody comes in the kitchen without washing. There's usually another near the groover if possible.

There's also often an "Hors d'oeuvre" hour or "happy hour" after camp is set up and before it's time for whoever is cooking to make supper. Not uncommon to have something like a bag of chips and dip. Remember - wash yer paws. I digress.

Someone was giving a talk about food safety and keeping the group healthy. They implored everyone to pour from the bag onto a plate or into your hand rather than reaching into the bag to grab a handful. He spoke specifically about Reese's Pieces and said that if you reach into the bag, they become "Feces Pieces."

Yuck!

Wash yer paws!