If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Some might find this bit of information unsettling to their digestive sensibilities, but I thought it was a good way to think about it. It is about raft trips, sanitation, and hand-washing, but the reality is it applies to daily life as well...

On raft trips, there's always a hand wash station near the kitchen. Nobody comes in the kitchen without washing. There's usually another near the groover if possible.

There's also often an "Hors d'oeuvre" hour or "happy hour" after camp is set up and before it's time for whoever is cooking to make supper. Not uncommon to have something like a bag of chips and dip. Remember - wash yer paws. I digress.

Someone was giving a talk about food safety and keeping the group healthy. They implored everyone to pour from the bag onto a plate or into your hand rather than reaching into the bag to grab a handful. He spoke specifically about Reese's Pieces and said that if you reach into the bag, they become "Feces Pieces."

Yuck!

Wash yer paws!

Whenever I see a dish of candies out on someone's desk, this is the thought I have. Nope. No, thanks.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    thvizpvdniki.jpg

I thought peanut butter M&Ms were called "Reese's Pieces."

PB M&Ms are like less good reeses pieces lol. Give me some peanut ones or pretzel ones or the new cookie dough ones!

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that. I'm an m&m lover but the reeses pieces are just...better :)

I keep looking for the cookie dough m&ms at my local convenience store afternoon diet soda run (they usually get new snacky type things in eventually) but haven't seen them yet.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    1wmrzpi85l0z.jpg
    g76odd1h71ew.jpg
    aq88r943c4m2.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    2c3rb5xfhgwe.jpg
    9e001f4oke2p.jpg
    o64x4ari6l8q.jpg
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    2c3rb5xfhgwe.jpg
    been slammin jasmine rice for lunch and dinner! so good with everything
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,190 Member
    Options
    @VegjoyP

I actually did have rice yesterday, and it was delicious. I even splurged with a little butter. But, sad to say (or happy), I only made one serving. Yeah. I know. Wash the whole pot for a quarter cup of brown basmati. Last time I made a half cup and of course ate it all. Had I known a friend was going to stop by right at suppertime, I could have made more.

Went with a huge pan of veggies as I'm trying to keep up with my garden, a neighbor's garden I'm helping look after, and a partial share of a CSA that my friend keeps giving me. That's the friend who stopped by. They helped with the veggies.

Spoiler alert: this meal is only a little more than 500 calories:

Onions, garlic scapes, carrots, celery, zucchini, sugar snap peas, a whole lot of basil, a little oil, and some spices. This picture is about half of the veggies. I went back and polished them off later.

8hi28ponk7ij.jpg

• VegjoyP
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @VegjoyP

I actually did have rice yesterday, and it was delicious. I even splurged with a little butter. But, sad to say (or happy), I only made one serving. Yeah. I know. Wash the whole pot for a quarter cup of brown basmati. Last time I made a half cup and of course ate it all. Had I known a friend was going to stop by right at suppertime, I could have made more.

Went with a huge pan of veggies as I'm trying to keep up with my garden, a neighbor's garden I'm helping look after, and a partial share of a CSA that my friend keeps giving me. That's the friend who stopped by. They helped with the veggies.

Spoiler alert: this meal is only a little more than 500 calories:

Onions, garlic scapes, carrots, celery, zucchini, sugar snap peas, a whole lot of basil, a little oil, and some spices. This picture is about half of the veggies. I went back and polished them off later.

8hi28ponk7ij.jpg

Yum! I love this! ❤️ I made mashed broccoli with Miracle rice then added Kite Hill vegan butter, salt, rosemary and spray of olive oil 🧈 😋 I love vegetables and CRAAAAVE broccoli! Lol!
    5tz9qbjd1r9h.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    9i186m895yxr.jpeg
    u5pbfe3029wi.jpg
    7lquagjojy9o.jpg
    u1hn5xwqsaay.jpg
    f03shp92aov0.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    mv54wtc1pn2v.jpg
    q93mtf0od5uy.jpg
    g2n5dgw1odtf.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I can't find a good pic but this comes with a story :)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeears ago I went to this hot dog stand with friends that sold a couple hot dogs, pastrami, cheese, and chili in a burrito and it was really good.

Off and on for years I thought about it but never went back.

More years later something made me think about it so I googled the place and nothing turned up online.

I get this email from Yelp the other day with a list of the 12 best hot dog places in LA.

The place I was looking for was #1!

It turns out I was remembering the name of the place wrong.

Oki Dog, still around, the signature Oki Dog sandwich must be like 2000 calories and, even if it gives me a heart attack at this age, I want it again :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    kjhwxwg0wp4j.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    30fewlovdoqv.jpg
    msm1rs04bhz5.jpg
    8kw5rntbdj8g.jpg
    0slz2656q7o5.jpg
    7cldtjvkwzoq.jpg
    f590jgyi2rr2.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @VegjoyP - again...om! That Tiffin pictured looks so so good...along with all the rest ❣️
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    cf2n9kanbsak.jpeg
    tliknrhn732l.jpg
    yav4bobrpvbs.jpg
    v7mzjbbta4e7.jpg
    sndbc2w9vud7.jpg
    tlkbegne8vny.jpg
    l0raxxnddnkn.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,190 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Where's the other half of that pie, because there needs to be enough calories for me too!

@VegjoyP

Yummers! A few of those things look way too sweet to me, but the savory bits look awesome, and that last batch looks like they might actually be not too sweet... and all those seeds!!!!!

After looking at all that, I don't even need to eat anything. I think I absorbed the calories through the internet.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Craving cotton candy ice cream. I haven’t had since I was like 10 but it was my favorite. And these cookies look good. 5sr3az23id12.jpeg
    seylcmkzushw.jpeg
    c88jdn27ev5d.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    cf2n9kanbsak.jpeg
    tliknrhn732l.jpg
    yav4bobrpvbs.jpg
    v7mzjbbta4e7.jpg
    sndbc2w9vud7.jpg
    tlkbegne8vny.jpg
    l0raxxnddnkn.jpg
    Mmmmm that blueberry crumb topped thing. I lovee any crumb topping concoction 😆.
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    Vegan Lebanese,
    Middle Eastern and Indian j3665hvkw9qx.jpg
    vtlqkukr9ay4.jpg
    74bprymf43mm.jpg
    w8n8075elcnd.jpg
    hf7rjyz89ma9.jpg
    y9kzyafnjh89.png
    3sktx2m2b2bi.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    o7n6iyl1nd68.jpg
    ku984h1uaisr.jpg
    g1gb8bcuoa4g.jpg
    9jzvned7qtv6.jpg
    4s3hzekc332u.jpg
    dpewuadqo5qs.jpg
    jwyeot8f5fe7.jpg
    8lxrewwza8a4.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @VegjoyP - Absolutely! I SO would start with all that Middle Eastern and finish with all that crunchy goodness from those all your recent entries....you continue to bring it!