If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I still want chicken and dumplings. No carrots, no peas, just fluffy dumplings and chicken.

573o7mtz9ybm.jpg

Needs peas and fresh ground black pepper. Fortunately I prefer to add those last minute; the peas get overcooked if added early. I prefer a dish of them on the table to mix in.

I'd be good if there were some carrots, too.

You people are turning it into a chicken pot pie with soggy crust all through it! :laugh:

Yum!

My chicken & dumpling recipe has parsnips and potatoes in it (no peas) and cornbread dumplings. SOOO GOOODDD.

Cornbread dumplings? That sounds interesting! I used to love having mine over a big slice of fluffy cornbread.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

My chicken & dumpling recipe has parsnips and potatoes in it (no peas) and cornbread dumplings. SOOO GOOODDD.

Cornbread dumplings? That sounds interesting! I used to love having mine over a big slice of fluffy cornbread.

I have a PDF of the recipe but can't figure out how to post/link it. But basically you cook carrots, potatoes, parsnips, garlic, chicken thighs, and other stuff in a crock pot. Then towards the end you make dumplings out of cornmeal, cheddar, salt, milk, egg, and butter. Then drop spoonfuls of batter on top and let it cook on high until the dumplings are fully cooked.

It's one of my favorite "it's cold and I'm miserable" things to make and not too bad for you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I have a PDF of the recipe but can't figure out how to post/link it. But basically you cook carrots, potatoes, parsnips, garlic, chicken thighs, and other stuff in a crock pot. Then towards the end you make dumplings out of cornmeal, cheddar, salt, milk, egg, and butter. Then drop spoonfuls of batter on top and let it cook on high until the dumplings are fully cooked.

It's one of my favorite "it's cold and I'm miserable" things to make and not too bad for you.

That sounds amazing. You can't post a PDF as a photo? (I've never tried...)
  • pinuplove
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Screenshot it, if you're on mobile! I need this in my life.
  • FireOpalCO
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I couldn't post a PDF as a picture, but I was able to use the snipping tool on my work computer to make a PNG file.

rbx1e6jknojs.png

Edited to add I use reduced sodium chicken broth and cream of chicken soup just fine.
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Massive tub of ice cream… whatever type, just ICE CREAM POURED DOWN MY THROAT…

Not long back from the gym, it may be affecting my judgement
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I couldn't post a PDF as a picture, but I was able to use the snipping tool on my work computer to make a PNG file.

And I snipped it back out to save it! Thanks!!!
  • pinuplove
    Options
    @FireOpalCO Thank you!
  • FireOpalCO
    Options
    The "like" button isn't good enough. We need a drool button.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @FireOpalCO Do the dumplings get soggy? I have also never heard of that before. I LOVE cornbread. Great - now I want cornbread w/ jalapenos!

Jalapeno-Cheddar-Cornbread-15.jpg

• Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    An entire pan of brownies
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    A hot cup of apple cider and some equally warm apple cider donuts would really hit the spot this morning!
  • tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    jm4nup7s5f8s.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    A hot cup of apple cider and some equally warm apple cider donuts would really hit the spot this morning!

I’ve never had an apple cider doughnut... :'(
  • FireOpalCO
    edited December 2018
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    @FireOpalCO Do the dumplings get soggy? I have also never heard of that before. I LOVE cornbread. Great - now I want cornbread w/ jalapenos!

Nope, they cook on top for only 30 minutes. They are super yummy.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would love a nice donut right about now