Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 5,165Member Member Posts: 5,165Member Member
    We felt like eating plantains, so we were inspired to make a south of the border meets Italian lasagna. We used annatto seeds oil to colour and flavor the minced beef, fried the slithers of plantain to mimick lasagna, used crema in place of ricotta and Oaxaca cheese instead of mixed Italian cheeses. Naturally, we add sofrito with sweet Mexican chili to add that layer of flavor above the nuttiness annatto lends. There is also pimento + blue cheese stuffed olives within the layers. Sooooo good!

xlxbfn65dxs0.jpg
    34m1loucmev8.jpg
    01o0znbtf915.jpg
    qc07rf20k99h.jpg
    u21g9ya56b31.jpg

edited January 6
  • GreenValliGreenValli Posts: 583Member Member Posts: 583Member Member
    Crockpot Mexican Beef. Made with a can of tomatoes, round steak, potatoes, onions, beef broth, and spices. Not my favorite meal, though.
  • rainingribbonsrainingribbons Posts: 336Member Member Posts: 336Member Member
    Thai noodle dish with stir-fry veggies, chicken, and a spicy peanut sauce. c:
  • ChrysalisCoveChrysalisCove Posts: 251Member Member Posts: 251Member Member
    cs3x6qziilta.jpeg

Butternut Squash Wild Rice Pilaf
    edited January 7
  • crazyravrcrazyravr Posts: 5,360Member Member Posts: 5,360Member Member
  • bbhall60bbhall60 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Sorry no picturebut have a pot of beef barley soup on stove, lots of veg in it and light on the barley. Will eat this with a salad for a few days.
  • amgreenwellamgreenwell Posts: 1,196Member Member Posts: 1,196Member Member
    Crock pot cranberry meatballs, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes
    This weekend it was a quick chicken and dumplins (which was AMAZING), pork tenderloin and roasted green beans
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 569Member Member Posts: 569Member Member
    Baked Mediterranean-style lemon chicken. Served with brown rice and steamed mixed veggies. That's for the family. For me: this still being "soup season," I had the last portions of the curried carrot soup from the other day. The curry flavor gets better as time goes on. Of course, I *DID* have a piece of the chicken; you know, for strictly, um, quality-control purposes (LOL).

gcjocu5s3uwq.jpg
  • amgreenwellamgreenwell Posts: 1,196Member Member Posts: 1,196Member Member
    Last night was yummy roasted chicken sausage with roasted squash, brussel sprouts and apples
    Re-heated second portion of bigos. Always better when its reheated couple times.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 569Member Member Posts: 569Member Member
    OK, another "soup season" entry. Or entree, LOL. For lack of a better name, this is "Doctor's Winter Veggie Soup," and the recipe is one we have from our nutritionist. All fresh ingredients - acorn squash, redskin potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, tomatoes, kale, carrots) - except: chicken stock, canned beans and flavorings (cinnamon, basil, thyme). No salt or pepper. Lighter than the stew-y cabbage and carrot soups I've been making, as you might expect from a nutrition consult.

92ejq0i702yx.jpg

bcqecsagyl24.jpg

j98gfrhduc46.jpg
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 5,165Member Member Posts: 5,165Member Member
    Attempted to make piripiri chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots. Asked the OP to make slithered almonds green beans for variety.

wlk3mkqtkgqt.jpg
    u8q41xvivige.jpg
    wwdawvlwilsj.jpg
  • suziecue25suziecue25 Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    Last night was prawn chow mein, stir fry veg and wholewheat noodles
    Last night was spaghetti and meatballs in spicy red pepper sauce. Ohhhhhhh how simple and yet sooooo damn good.

tomato_diRomaArrabbiata.png

c53ba19c88cc8ca587e42c1c64692d26_250x250.jpg

kycklingkottbullar-chicken-meatballs-frozen__0454484_PE602789_S4.JPG

• acpgeeacpgee Posts: 2,903Member Member Posts: 2,903Member Member
    Making Dutch split pea soup now for dinner tomorrow. It's best when it has been standing for a day. We were gifted some lomos de bonito at Christmas that we need to use up before going on vacation Saturday. That's a Spanish salted cured wet tuna loin that tasted a lot like dutch herring, so we will make a traditional herring salad tomorrow as a starter. That's with gherkins, beet roots, apple and hard boiled eggs.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,144Member Member Posts: 1,144Member Member
    Last night was Thai chicken salad using this recipe which I've used in the past and adding salad greens. I scaled down the chicken (I am one person) and only used a tbsp of oil, but kept the rest of the marinade the same. I also probably used more garlic than called for.

For the dressing, I subbed a meyer lemon for the lime...which was a bad choice so I added more tamarind and then a bit more sugar. I also didn't use any rice powder as I'm not a fan of the texture in this context (nor in larb). Despite the dressing debacle, it turned out really good.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 2,903Member Member Posts: 2,903Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Last night was Thai chicken salad using this recipe which I've used in the past and adding salad greens. I scaled down the chicken (I am one person) and only used a tbsp of oil, but kept the rest of the marinade the same. I also probably used more garlic than called for.

For the dressing, I subbed a meyer lemon for the lime...which was a bad choice so I added more tamarind and then a bit more sugar. I also didn't use any rice powder as I'm not a fan of the texture in this context (nor in larb). Despite the dressing debacle, it turned out really good.

I love SE Asian salads. This is the template I use. Skip the oil and frying the scallions and just buy ready made fried scallions or onions to use as a topping.
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

• suziecue25suziecue25 Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    Tonight was grilled salmon, roasted Mediterranean veggies & new potatoes
  • Keto_VampireKeto_Vampire Posts: 927Member Member Posts: 927Member Member
    96% lean ground beef + sea salt + Fage 0% Greek yogurt...an "ugly" abomination that tastes waaay better than it looks & is ridiculously low in kcals & is simple; added bonus = hot/cold contrast (re-occurring theme with my favorite food combinations) . Need to start taking pictures of these abominations/monstrosities...will do so next time
    edited January 10
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,144Member Member Posts: 1,144Member Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

I love SE Asian salads. This is the template I use. Skip the oil and frying the scallions and just buy ready made fried scallions or onions to use as a topping.
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

I'm also a big fan of SE Asian salads, and food in general. I typically skip fried shallots in general. I could just get store bought ones, but I know I would probably be tempted to snack on them, and I honestly don't miss them. The last time I made that salad I used the outdoor grill, but this time I brought out the grill pan which I typically am not a big fan of cooking on (clean up is a pain), but I'm glad I did. It's a great pan, heats really evenly, but cleaning between the grooves sucks.