What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    It was hubby's turn to cook last night but I made the linguine carbonara, because he gets stressed out by recipes that require last minute work (tossing pasta in the egg/cheese/pasta water mixture). He made sautéed spinach to go with that.
  • laceygdwn
    laceygdwn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with ground sausage, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and cheese.
  • anetkastefaniak
    anetkastefaniak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    nu67nt4vphln.jpg
    u7wvoicmhxq7.jpg

Sweet potato stuffed with lime marinated chicken, topped with a dill greek yogurt garlic sauce and diced avocado.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Sunday for brunch I made the misses and myself a cheese steak omelette with sauteed mushrooms and onions. With freshly grated parmesan and smoked provolone cheeses.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    A chicken casserole with whole grain pasta and peas, topped with parmesan cheese and sauce was tomato. First time using whole grain to make this, it was pretty good. Tried to take a picture that didn't work out.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Another "soup season" entree ... pumpkin/white bean. Very easy to make, filling, warm for a wintry storm night and somewhat sweet (uses apple cider) ... makes a good counterpoint to the leftover savory "fiesta chicken" chile made last night. Unfortunately for photographic purposes, though, this is "orange thick winter soup number 42 (LOL)," but here it is anyway ...

s9ux0gihrsw0.jpg
  • dawnnewland1
    dawnnewland1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with turkey marinara!! Yummmy!!
  • khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I meal prep the day before I go back to work for 4 back to back 12 hr shifts.
    Yesterday, I made slow cooker chicken tikka masala (served on basmati) and spicy thai chicken coconut soup.
    Sorry, no photos but SOOOO delicious!

DROOLING! Love tikka masala and also anything thai!!!!! Ive been craving chicken panang but my local wegmans stopped carrying thai basil and its just not the same without it
  • khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Last night we had ratatouille (really veggie tian) and chicken parm without the breading. Tons of fresh basil on everything. No leftovers. My sons and husband had several helpings.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Last night was chicken and tortellini soup with parmesan cheese bread...it was scrumptious and the kids and the hubby loved it. I made enough that the hubs and I can eat leftovers for lunch the rest of the week. Yeah
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    This is dinner tonight. rkwolrc746lm.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken wings and sauteed veggies.

98jka2kmqbfq.jpg
    o5kesmu80kxc.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

98jka2kmqbfq.jpg
    o5kesmu80kxc.jpg

Is the picture on the bottom left caramelized onions? It's too blurry/close up for me to figure it out.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cooked is maybe a stretch, but dinner last night was meatballs from the grocery store (made in house) browned and then simmered in tomato sauce with gnocchi (from another grocery store - also made locally). I'd had the gnocchi before, but I had never had those specific meatballs or that tomato sauce. It ended up tasting shockingly good. I figured nothing would be bad, but I didn't think it would be nearly as good as it was.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Cooked is maybe a stretch ...

Don't worry, no one is keeping score here. You did some kind of manipulation to bring the meal together; that counts as "cooking" in my book, LOL. There are some awesome home chefs on this website, it's great to see what they're doing, but I don't fret about meeting their creativity/execution standards. As long as I don't poison the family accidentally, I'm content, LOL.

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    Another "Soup Season Entree" - Chicken Barley Stew, slowcooker version. Good for this winter's night, and a couple more. With previous soups leftovers, this means I'm done with primary cooking for a few days, and as a "legacy of Superstorm Sandy" (we lost power for a week), I now have nutritious stuff prepared that I can reheat if the power goes wonky over the next couple of days (we have an electric stove - so I can fall back onto the portable butane stove from our boat for reheating).

bc1kqencn9b1.jpg

0ja4a8ey7y3q.jpg

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    labtech666 wrote: »
    No pics because it really isn't very photogenic, but I made a butternut squash and red lentil curry in the slow cooker yesterday which was lovely and really filling.

Can I get your recipe for this? Sounds yummy, and we happen to have both a bnut squash & lentils sitting in the pantry!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Most recent new recipe was a pair; Crab Cakes and Potato-Kale Cakes.

90ngqwurhde3.jpeg

Most recent overall was Spaghetti Squash w/ Minced Chicken and Marinara Sauce. My 6yr old loves it and it’s practically effortless, so it’s become a go-to meal for nights when he has evening sports practice.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Is the picture on the bottom left caramelized onions? It's too blurry/close up for me to figure it out.

That it is. My sister took the photo with it still in the pan, steaming.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'll see if my wife has pics, but last night we made Shrimp and Pasta. My wife is gluten free and dairy free (except goat, sheep and A2/A2 varieties on rare occasion), so making Shrimp Scampi has been a challenge in the past. Though there are some pretty great GF pastas now, making a sauce that's not just vegan butter or Olive Oil has been my challenge -- I do all the cooking.

Found a keeper last night. Used my InstaPot. Took half a large onion, five cloves of garlic, a red pepper and a tomato. Sauteed it in some olive oil in the IP. Added in some Oregano and Basil, salt, a TBS of sugar and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar and salt to taste (around a tsp) and some Cayenne (just a small pinch). Cooked down with lid for around 15 minutes.

Took a pound of portabello mushrooms and fresh spinach and put in a large, deep saucepan with vegan butter (2 TBS or so) and Olive Oil. While that started, boiled the water and put on GF Fettucini.

After the spinach cooked off a bit with the mushrooms, add in the red pepper/onion mixture from the Instapot. Formed a nice thick sauce. When pasta hits around five minutes, threw in a pound of prepped, raw shrimp. I bought frozen raw that were already cleaned/deveined and shelled.

Drained pasta, added into to saucepan just when the shrimp turned pink. Garnished with fresh basil. Grated up a bit of Pecorino for garnish (sheep parm that my wife can handle).

It was amazing.