What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• SlimmFitSlimmFit Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    Zesty Lemon Pepper Salmon
    ;)
    ul3zqtbswg5g.jpeg
    edited January 11
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 6,961Member Member Posts: 6,961Member Member
    Dinner - Hong Kong Style fried chicken, sauteed veggies and cauli rice. Was taught to make the chicken dish by our Uncle David ( Family business partner who had migrated to Sydney, where collaboratively, our families have a "big'ish" share of the Chinese fish market.

owtnfgdoqtun.jpg
    feqigpaaeasc.jpg
    edited January 11
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,184Member Member Posts: 6,184Member Member
    Thai yellow curry turkey breast in instantpot with broccoli and cauliflower and delicata squash.
  • cbstewart88cbstewart88 Posts: 275Member Member Posts: 275Member Member
    I don't remember. I think it was sometime back in the 80s......
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,287Member Member Posts: 3,287Member Member
    Leaving for vacation tomorrow and made a bunch of sandwiches to avoid overpriced yucky airport food. Homemade fresh brown bread, comte cheese, nduja, salami, cucumber for crunch, kewpie mayonnaise to stick it all together.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 602Member Member Posts: 602Member Member
    "Soup Season" entree number 5: "lentilstrone" (recipe from our nutritionist). A bit of Italian-Asian fusion by the ingredients (below). Maybe I should call this "Marco Polo" soup. Onions, carrots, garlic, celery, peas, bok choy, zucchini, scallions, lentils, tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon pepper, miso paste, thyme, stock. Great for a cold Friday evening.

bxy46ojaccim.jpg

• LighterBitesLighterBites Posts: 48Member Member Posts: 48Member Member
    Last night I cooked an extra spicy pork stir fry.
    Today I whizzed up some black beans, sour cream and jalapeño's for wraps along with raw veggies for lunch and for breakfast for the week I scrambled eggs and sautéed some zucchini.
    Tonight is chili rubbed steaks, Tex-Mex coleslaw and baked spicy sweet potato fries.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 602Member Member Posts: 602Member Member
    Lemon-herb chicken with homemade basil-garlic-herb tomato sauce and "supergreens" rotini. Some leftover unused peas from the other day's "soup season" entree on the side and also some leftover unused diced carrots cooked into the sauce for good measure. Had an intensive 2-day "wilderness first aid" course from the county park system and a national provider (yesterday and today), so when I got home this evening, I just threw together this meal for the family. 1hr from start to table.

oexn3395rt4z.jpg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,970Member Member Posts: 1,970Member Member
    Last night was roasted sweet potatoes, red onions, and kabocha squash with barley (which I made in the rice cooker). The squash was a shocking dud which sucked, but the rest of it was good. Will be lunch on Monday.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,970Member Member Posts: 1,970Member Member
    I have 6 chicken thighs (bone in skin on) marinating with smoked paprika, an onion, black pepper, and 3/4 of a preserved lemon finely cut (the flesh not scooped out) in the fridge. All of that will be roasted with green beans as well.
    Orange spicy mustard chicken thighs and drumsticks . Cauli mash. Veggies stir fry.

100wm0hj3r5b.jpg
    0sobiusjq3iy.jpg
  • Chelle8070Chelle8070 Posts: 150Member Member Posts: 150Member Member
    I didn't take a picture of my food done, but it was this recipe and it was one of the greatest sweet potato based dishes I've ever consumed:
    https://ifoodreal.com/sweet-potato-skillet/
    Cod loin baked in mirepoix with purple yam fries and Mediterranean salad.
  • pnst84everpnst84ever Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    I'm not much of a cook, but my husband made general tso cauliflower last night. I do prefer steak, but it was pretty good.
  • RachelElserRachelElser Posts: 998Member Member Posts: 998Member Member
    Used left over turkey from Thanksgiving, and left over rice from curry to make a creamy turkey rice soup. I's a big enough pot that i had it all this week, and will have enough for three days of lunches next week.
    Next up is ham pasta from the ham I've been eating for dinner all week (with two eggs and toast).
  • Kevin_HassenpflugKevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 58Member Member Posts: 58Member Member
    1 Cup Dry Brown Rice & 1 Cup Dry Green Lentils
    3 cups water seasoned with white vinegar and salt (to taste) - Cook till done

1 can spinach or greens & 1 can mixed vegetables
    Drain water from cans - Cook to warm up
    Add to Rice and Lentil mix

Add 1 14oz can chicken and 1 12oz can Buffalo Chicken

Mix all ingredients into a big bowl
    Add Franks Red Hot Sauce (must be Franks) - to taste:

Serving size is 1Cup - at around 250 calories you have a low-fat, high protein, high complex carb, lower glycemic index and high fiber.....snack/meal.

Drink plenty of water........
    edited January 17
    Chicken meatballs stew.

6qvtmyht9dgz.jpg
  • labtech666labtech666 Posts: 66Member Member Posts: 66Member Member
    No pics because it really isn't very photogenic, but I made a butternut squash and red lentil curry in the slow cooker yesterday which was lovely and really filling.
    Pork schnitzel with cauliflower and celeriac pure plus cucumber yogurt salad.