Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Cooked is maybe a stretch ...

Don't worry, no one is keeping score here. You did some kind of manipulation to bring the meal together; that counts as "cooking" in my book, LOL. There are some awesome home chefs on this website, it's great to see what they're doing, but I don't fret about meeting their creativity/execution standards. As long as I don't poison the family accidentally, I'm content, LOL.

Yeah - I think it's that I mainly post to this thread when I'm made something like ramen (which was really on the extreme end), macarons (also extremely), or even just a stir fry. That said, the leftovers from that meal that were had yesterday evening? Amazing :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I made Japanese style golden curry with white rice last night. I put chicken thighs, potatoes and carrots in the curry.

I used the leftover chicken fat, bones, and skin to make chicken stock. I'll skim the fat off tonight and make chicken noodle soup with it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    For last night's dinner, I made a soup with red onions, white onions, shallots, garlic and celery. I am looking forward to leftover soup for lunch today!
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bacon cauliflower chowder! Delish and low carb 🤤. 3i365oxiiej2.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Smoked andouille sausage with sauteed peppers, onions and whole wheat pasta.

g1c1tj4fdo6m.jpg
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Took my 6yr old on a field trip to a local farm today where he got to help harvest lettuce. We ended up with about 3 kilos! Took it home and made honey-soy chicken wraps with sautéed garlic, carrot, and zucchini.

sfjytvk0bctu.jpeg
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Made my kiddos some French bread grilled cheeses with sliced tomatoes and mashed potatoes. I had leftovers
  • anetkastefaniak
    anetkastefaniak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Jerk chicken drumsticks with rice, roasted zucchini, red peppers and onions
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Took my 6yr old on a field trip to a local farm today where he got to help harvest lettuce. We ended up with about 3 kilos! Took it home and made honey-soy chicken wraps with sautéed garlic, carrot, and zucchini.

sfjytvk0bctu.jpeg

🙌How fun!! Enjoyed reading that. Thank you!!
  • Brian_LaFevre899
    Brian_LaFevre899 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Today's lunch was Greek yogurt chicken salad over a slice of rye bread with mustard, spinach and topped with locally made kimchi.

I made a batch of the chicken salad yesterday and portioned it so I can easily make this for a few days!

x1dpbk50gxld.jpg
  • trntbowles
    trntbowles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made tilapia but burnt it on accident. I’m gonna eat it anyway though cause it’s expensive. I need to practice cooking a bit more. My house smells like burnt fish. Anyone know how to get rid of the stench? Lol
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Went for a short hike yesterday in the relatively warm 30F sunny weather. So, did a quickie dinner meal afterwards: homemade turkey burgers, purchased deli salads, microwaved frozen veggie mix.

jytrm7waxsva.jpg

m2jzxx9x94vl.jpg
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made the cuban mojo marinated pork. Very delicious. See pic and link below:

https://www.changeinseconds.com/cuban-mojo-marinated-pork/

c0zbyvr2zgvt.jpg
  • Polydactylkat
    Polydactylkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chicken marsala, homemade portobello mushroom sauce with homestyle egg linguine and some steamed broccolini with vidalia onions :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Bagna Cauda as a starter.
    g40lqi5z0rzc.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Since it is only us tonight, we had a fairly simple Super Bowl meal: slowcooker barbequed chicken. Since it was also a great day today (another relative "heat wave" day at about 42F), I was able to get out for a bike ride while the slowcooker worked its magic.

Pics:
    (1) dinner served: chicken, sauteed green beans, corn and brown rice. Posed with a bottle of von Trapp beer from a Vermont stopover this autumn, because, well, it's Super Bowl Sunday (VT = "New England"), LOL. (yes, von Trapp - the "Sound of Music" family).
    (2) chicken, with dry rub and bbq sauce commence cooking (sliced onions underneath). "The secret is in the rub."
    (3) mid-ride stop overlooking my local river. Yes, that's ice in the water. This day is a little indulgent, diet-wise; the secret to weight loss is good diet PLUS some "sweat equity," LOL.

fp87vw5wmms3.jpg

ee9d1n6b833h.jpg

506bjuubehqs.jpg
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    the same thing for the past 6 months Mince / mix veggies / pasta.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    White bean and bacon soup in the crock pot
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Last night was hot wings and a cheesy cauliflower casserole
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Roasted pork butt with garlic apple glaze, roasted apples, carrots, celery and whole roasted potatoes.m9p309izdzdi.jpg
    8jp0mnrub9dh.jpg