What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    First meal of the day. 3 eggs, prosciutto salami, creamy Havarti cheese, sauteed green peppers and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cracked black pepper, pink salt, sweet paprika and few drops of Sriracha. Little bit of avocado oil and butter for the pan. With a couple scoops of protein powder and cashew milk to boost up my protein.

e0r6ravyr64o.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Steak tacos :smiley:
  • louiseeverhart
    louiseeverhart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bi5pd6ia845b.jpeg
  • asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    'Cooked' might be to exaggerate since I had beef tarte (that's raw) and cold-served potato gratin, haha. But it was great never-the-less! :smile:
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Chicken enchaladas and mexican rice for dinner last Monday.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I grilled corn on the cob for the first time last night and it turned out great!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a celeriac, I figured this thread might be the best place to ask what are people's favourite way of eating it?
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I just picked up a celeriac, I figured this thread might be the best place to ask what are people's favourite way of eating it?

oven fries!!! I like to use a curry powder on these instead of rosemary sometimes

(UK based recipe below)

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Place a large roasting tin or baking tray in the oven to heat up. Place the celeriac into chunky chips into a large bowl, drizzle with a little oil and stir to coat them. Season. Add the garlic and rosemary. Coat well.
    2. Carefully remove the warm dish from the oven and tumble the seasoned and oiled celeriac in. Shake the dish to even everything out. Pop into the oven and roast for 30-45 mins, till the celeriac is golden and crisp. Check a few times.
  • Zak045
    Zak045 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    'Cooked' might be to exaggerate since I had beef tarte (that's raw) and cold-served potato gratin, haha. But it was great never-the-less! :smile:

You made beef tarte? where do you get your meat from?
  • BattyKnitter
    Options

oven fries!!! I like to use a curry powder on these instead of rosemary sometimes

(UK based recipe below)

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Place a large roasting tin or baking tray in the oven to heat up. Place the celeriac into chunky chips into a large bowl, drizzle with a little oil and stir to coat them. Season. Add the garlic and rosemary. Coat well.
    2. Carefully remove the warm dish from the oven and tumble the seasoned and oiled celeriac in. Shake the dish to even everything out. Pop into the oven and roast for 30-45 mins, till the celeriac is golden and crisp. Check a few times.

Ohh I do love roasted veggies and that sounds yumm!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Linguine with clam sauce. Admittedly not my favorite thing, but my husband requested it, so...
  • asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Zak045 wrote: »
    You made beef tarte? where do you get your meat from?

My local general shop!

To start of with we have really strict rules here in Sweden about meat, and 99% of what you find in general stores can be eaten raw within moderation. It's recommended that you freeze it first though, so that's what I do. I buy minced beef, portion it out and freeze in packages. Then let them thaw in the refrigerator the night before making the beef tarte!

I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the world, but I'd imagine that local butchers could have raw grade meat available or something? Not sure.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Khoresh Morgh - I used 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs and halved most of the ingredients. I also couldn't find barberries (but I could find the sour dried plums...) which probably wasn't the end of the world. I ate it along with basmati rice instead of fries. I made it on Monday and will be eating a portion for leftovers tonight.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Love the stuff! I cut my up into around 1 inch cubes, add in potatoes and carrots (also cut in 1 inch cubes). Toss them in some olive oil, put a little salt and pepper on top. In a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the root veggies are soft and browning. Done! Soooooo good!
  • BattyKnitter
    Options

Love the stuff! I cut my up into around 1 inch cubes, add in potatoes and carrots (also cut in 1 inch cubes). Toss them in some olive oil, put a little salt and pepper on top. In a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the root veggies are soft and browning. Done! Soooooo good!

This is exactly what I ended up doing! Added some potatoes and carrots a bit of oil and some spices and into my actifry, was yummy!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The most recent complete meal I cooked was lunch. It consisted of 150 grams American Waygu ground beef, browned, with 85 grams chopped broccoli, steamed.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    breakfast for dinner last night. Made biscuits and gravy for my husband who is the only one in the house who ruins his biscuits like that. I ate a bowl of fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, avocado, tomato. And a biscuit with jam.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a cook so super, super simple. Roasted chicken thighs with a little Tsang's Classic Stir Fry sauce brushed on top. Steamed broccoli with homemade cheese sauce (heavy cream and fresh shredded sharp cheddar). Sorry no picture!