Hi Caloric Intake (over 6,000) to less than 1300 per day....

Options
What affect does that have on:
1. your body
2. your results
3. your health
4. your success in the beginning.

Replies

• ngits763
    ngits763 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You might be asking the wrong (=irrelevant) questions. People who have success with weight loss/management, don't think so much about what they can do for a short while, and a lot more about what they can do - happily and somewhat effortlessly - forever.

What did you do?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    Ooops, kommodevaran, you're locked up! If it's for a good cause I might put my sheep behind bars as well in solidarity :D

TO: don't overdo things. What's your current weight, gender, age and size? Lets take it from there, ok? Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WHY? It seems a drastic cut and therefore shock to your system. Is this the calorie target mfp has set?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    What affect does that have on:
    1. your body - You'll lose weight

Extremely likely, but not certainly, since OP has left out the single most important piece of information -- his or her TDEE. Picture a short, underweight, inactive person who has only been eating 6000 for a short while as part of a recovery program or in a binge-and-bust cycle, and now is going back to a maintenance level of 1300.

@mysteps2beauty, if you give us your stats (height, weight, activity level, age, gender), we could give you much better answers, especially for numbers 1-3. #4 is fairly idiosyncratic, and YMMV.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options

@mysteps2beauty, if you give us your stats (height, weight, activity level, age, gender), we could give you much better answers, especially for numbers 1-3. #4 is fairly idiosyncratic, and YMMV.
    [/quote]

female 5’10” sedentary lightly active (walk to train and back), age 50+

lost 25 within a year stopped counting gained back 7
    stress eater. working at high profile law firm
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You might be asking the wrong (=irrelevant) questions. People who have success with weight loss/management, don't think so much about what they can do for a short while, and a lot more about what they can do - happily and somewhat effortlessly - forever.

What did you do?
    I assembled a diet from ordinary foods I like, and an exercise regimen based on daily activity like walking, dancing and playing. I plan my meals and grocery shopping, I cook more from scratch, I weigh myself daily. I work with stress relief and emotions management. In short, I try to do meaningful things.

no, to be behind bars! :laugh:
    Haha! No, I don't know, I haven't checked, I assume I have said something that disagrees with MFP's "New Order".

ok, call me stupid, but how is you behind bars?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    2baninja wrote: »

What did you do?
    I assembled a diet from ordinary foods I like, and an exercise regimen based on daily activity like walking, dancing and playing. I plan my meals and grocery shopping, I cook more from scratch, I weigh myself daily. I work with stress relief and emotions management. In short, I try to do meaningful things.

no, to be behind bars! :laugh:
    Haha! No, I don't know, I haven't checked, I assume I have said something that disagrees with MFP's "New Order".

ok, call me stupid, but how is you behind bars?

When a user gets a "warning" from an admin, their avatar appears with an overlay of prison bars. I'm not seeing it though, so perhaps it was done in error.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, what's your weight?

Are you saying you were eating 6,000 calories every day and have gone down to 1,300?

If so, how are you calculating that? Weighing food and logging everything in MFP?

For how long were you on 6,000?
  • mysteps2beauty
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Yes, what's your weight?

Are you saying you were eating 6,000 calories every day and have gone down to 1,300?

If so, how are you calculating that? Weighing food and logging everything in MFP?

drinking my excess calories. lots of starbucks!
    i stopped logging in here 5 months ago
  • mysteps2beauty
    Options
    i currently weigh 232
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Yes, what's your weight?

drinking my excess calories. lots of starbucks!
    i stopped logging in here 5 months ago

Again, what's your weight?
  • mysteps2beauty
    Options