Hi Caloric Intake (over 6,000) to less than 1300 per day....

Options
2»

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    [question removed, answered upthread]
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Since you’re eating above the calories for a 1# weight loss per week, and you think you’re probably in maintenance, why don’t you just eat the recommended calories for that 1# a week loss?

Most of us have found that sticking to the calorie count gets us results. I, personally, wouldn’t expect to train my stomach, nervous system, or taste buds, to think the calorie count was beneficial. I’d just stick within the guidelines and lose the weight. My body has adjusted to not overeating, but it does take time to develop new habits. And occasionally I eat over my calories, especially if I’ve been eating too few (below the mfp guidelines).

I’m 63, 5’2” and not very active outside of working out. I lose a half a pound a week at 1200 calories. I think you’d lose too quickly if you ate at 1300 and eventually binge. It’s pretty common. Hang in there and good luck in the journey.

What are you basing that assumption on?

As best as I can tell, OP is asking a hypothetical. We have no idea whether she is currently taking in 6000 kcal, 1300 kcal, or something in between those points -- or even something outside that range. Since she says she hasn't been logging for months, it's highly unlikely she really knows how much she has been consuming. Nor has OP divulged what her recent trend has been in terms of gaining, maintaining, or losing weight.

ETA: Sorry -- I see now the sentence in OP's last post that leads you to that conclusion. I still think, however, that we need to know what OP is basing the assumption that she's "probably at maintenance" on.

@mysteps2beauty , Are you currently logging your food? Are you using a food scale? How many calories are you actually consuming per day? For how long have you been doing that? What has the result been in terms of your body weight?
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    2baninja wrote: »
    You might be asking the wrong (=irrelevant) questions. People who have success with weight loss/management, don't think so much about what they can do for a short while, and a lot more about what they can do - happily and somewhat effortlessly - forever.

What did you do?
    I assembled a diet from ordinary foods I like, and an exercise regimen based on daily activity like walking, dancing and playing. I plan my meals and grocery shopping, I cook more from scratch, I weigh myself daily. I work with stress relief and emotions management. In short, I try to do meaningful things.

no, to be behind bars! :laugh:
    Haha! No, I don't know, I haven't checked, I assume I have said something that disagrees with MFP's "New Order".

ok, call me stupid, but how is you behind bars?

When a user gets a "warning" from an admin, their avatar appears with an overlay of prison bars. I'm not seeing it though, so perhaps it was done in error.

I think that was why I wasn't getting it, I didn't see nay bars, so I thought maybe it was something else... thanks
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    If you were drinking your calories, I would think it would be a real relief to eat healthy foods at a lower calorie point. It's a matter of finding ways to deal with your stress that don't involve food or Starbucks. Two things that worked for me when I had a high pressure job was meditation and yoga. I would think that you would lose weight, feel better and see quick results. But the main thing will be is what you replace your Starbucks habit with, and finding another avenue for your stress.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    i currently weigh 232

I'm confused about what you are asking, so will just focus on you being 5'10", 232, and eating 1300 calories. I'm 3.5" shorter than you, have been your weight, am also in the 50s, and there's no way I could be happy on a mere 1300 calories.

To lose a pound a week, I need 1540 calories before exercise, and I exercise, and eat back between 75-100% of those exercise calories.