Is post-workout shower safe?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Not only is it safe, it is a highly recommended part of recovery. :p
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    After reading this, I had a shower... exactly 2.0467 hours after my workout.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Say goodbye to all your gains. Optimal is 34 minutes, 17.457 seconds. Now you have to start all over again.

:D

Damn.

I like training though so its kind of a win !
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Say goodbye to all your gains. Optimal is 34 minutes, 17.457 seconds. Now you have to start all over again.

:D

Unless he completed the whole shower while standing on his left leg and humming any Miley Cyrus song.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I suddenly find my question quite funny lol, I just remember some myths I heard from some people before that it's not safe to do so as you might get some sort of musculoskeletal spasm. But yeah, as long as you don't slip and fall in the shower... :p Thanks guys! :)

If you're concerned about getting cramp while in the shower after a workout, have a glass of water before you get into the shower.

But you'd better believe that during the last quarter of a long bicycle ride, and especially if the bicycle ride is cold and/or wet, I'm thinking of how wonderful it will be to get into a lovely, hot shower.

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    To be fair, there is some truth in the technical scuba diving world - if you've done a deco dive not only should you do the minimum of exercise but also keep your shower cool so as to not interfere with the body's off gassing... not sure that's what the average person would be meaning though... 😂
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    OK, I thought I'd seen all the bizarro questions that could be asked here. But I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

This is like issuing a challenge.
    A train leaves Boston at 1 pm. John is doing 3/3/1 tempo squats and was married on the 5th of July. Tomorrow, 6 apples will be delivered to my door, will this affect the rate of T Cell development or will the body of John Wilks Booth reanimate?

Neither, because penguin.

Yes but is this penguin doing keto or IF ?
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    My theory is some guy forgot/didn't have time to shower, and was further ridiculed. In an effort to deflect, he made up some crap about hurting gains. Thus, a rumor is born.

My head itches as the sweat dries if I don't shower. Sometimes I come home and shower at home instead of at the gym though. They have a 90 minute limit for childcare, and sometimes I'd rather finish my workout and shower at home instead of showing peacefully at the gym.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Goodness for years I've been jumping in the shower straight after my workout....so far no ill has come to me yet :smiley: