Exercise gets easier

Options
13»

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I don't think that exercise gets easier the longer you do it, but the habit of actually doing it certainly does. So much so that going without feels wrong.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I don't think that exercise gets easier the longer you do it, but the habit of actually doing it certainly does. So much so that going without feels wrong.

I think it gets “easier” in the sense that you don’t get the crippling soreness anymore, you get more comfortable with exerting yourself and pushing your limits, and you get a feel for when to push/when to back off. Exercise becomes a lot more enjoyable when you’re not limping around smelling like Icy Hot rub! :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    kardsharp wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Easier? Sure.

And, if you find the right ways to be active, even joyous. I rowed this morning, and it was glorious: Flat water, birds in the air, flowers on the shore, tiny dragonflies hitching a ride on my double partner's hat, sun on my skin, muscles working, fresh air. Can't beat that!

Tomorrow is spin class: Music, heart pounding, concentration, a social context - pretty darned fun, too.

And when I'd been doing those things (and others) long enough, it started feeling physically bad not to do something physical often enough (I got tense, moodier, stiff/achy, etc.).

It's kinda magic, really.

Do you know how inspiring you are? You are my hero!

Aww, it's really sweet and touching that you would say that! (blush) :flowerforyou:

But remember:

Internet_dog.jpg

(Peter Steiner's cartoon, as published in The New Yorker)