Who here works out their skin?

Options
124»

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of this but sometimes get the urge to scrub my skin with a dry cloth or brush just to shed the dead cells and oil and let my pores breathe. I only do this to my face and not nearly often enough. I will be researching this and trying it for sure. Thanks for the great topic.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I am speaking of dry body brushing. It makes sense to me and I have been doing it for a couple weeks now.

We work out our muscles and our conscious of what we eat...but sometimes we forget about our skin. The largest organ in the body. It is an organ of elimination, it discharges more than a pound of waste every day. Who knew! I didn't even think of this until I started reading about the benefits of dry body brushing. This is suppose to make the skin smoother, firmer and more toned.

Like I said, I have just started this routine and figured it would help my skin bounce back some with this gradual healthy weight loss that I am now pursuing.

Anybody doing this too? What are your thoughts?

:flowerforyou: Habitually do, to the extent of it being an addiction but seriously with all the workouts, it's the one thing I look forward to as part and parcel of my follow-up protocols ... The brushing, my sugar with citrus and honey exfoliants, my creamy body butters etc depending on what I feel I need on any given day ... It's just different. More therapeutic for me ~ my me time (Extended) lol

Personally believe it's a good way to say thank you to our bodies, having extensively pushed and "tortured" it somewhat.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    bump
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the Insanity routine. I used to work in the skincare industry so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that. My skin workout routine:
    AM and PM
    Body Brush with Elemis brush
    Use Salux Cloth with homemade soap
    Use homemade body lotion during the day (with vitamin c added) or homemade body butter at night
    Wax/Epilate if needed

On my rest days (like today)
    Take a hot epsom salt, milk, and lavender flower bath
    Use homemade scrub
    Use homemade mud mask for 15 minutes
    Use homemade body butter

that sounds like heaven o.o
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Who here works out their skin?

1IZZ

Ahahahahahaha :laugh:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I work out my skin everyday.
    Best 30 seconds of my life

Does this mean what I think it means? Or do I have a filthy brain?