Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

(Calories in vs Calories out) vs dont eat crap ( aka semi low carb)

Options
So a common school of thought is, if you're eating at a calorie defecit you will lose weight. No matter the discussion im reading there is always someone commenting in with this same mantra and not a whole lot of anything else added to their argument.

But, using myself as an example, I ate like crap until recently, at a caloric defecit, and didnt lose weight whatsoever. But stayed at a constant weight. ( very overweight)

Where as when I eat a higher amount of calories, but I eat better food for me ( low carb in this case ), I actually lose weight.

Discuss D:

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    cico is an equation. calorie deficit leads to losing weight.
    don't eat like crap still led to me gaining weight. because i wasn't in a deficit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You specifically state that you are eating low carb now. That hints at you eating higher carb previously. Most high carb tasty treats are loaded with fat (because carb+fat, sugar+butter=delicious) and extremely easy to overeat even when you think they're in check. I don't believe for a second that you were eating "crap" ("junk food") at a deficit and not losing. Whether your math shows it or not, the results speak for themselves and no loss, over a long term period, means no deficit.
This discussion has been closed.