Off hate socks
    Hate pairing them even more when they’re washed
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    go_cubs wrote: »
    Off hate socks
    Hate pairing them even more when they’re washed

If you buy ALL the same socks, laundry day is never a problem. (true story)

Mind blownnnnnnnn
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    When entering other people's homes, I just wear disposable shoe covers! I've to know you personally, to know that you and/or anyone within your home, doesn't have athlete's feet &'re otherwise hygienic, for me to not wear shoes! I also've disposable toilet seat covers & toilet paper, within my purse!

I never walk around, while just wearing socks because everything sticks to them, so I either wear wedge flip flops or slippers! I was unable to institute, an outdoor shoe wearing indoors & without shoe covers ban, with my Mother & Sister, so I no longer've shoes that I only wear indoors but I refuse to sit, upon my floor or carpet because of it! I do however've shoes that I only wear, while using my exercise equipment but won't, walk around wearing!

I always wear socks, with sneakers & only to bed, if my feet're icy!

I'm not quite sure what I would do if anyone ever showed up to my home with disposable shoe covers and put them on before coming in... :huh:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Not sure whether to post this here, in sing it out loud, or what song is stuck in your head. But since this started it, I'll go for here.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s16WBHwplfZh
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @Vikka_V wrote: »
    I do not wear socks to bed, I do wear them around tho, my floors are cold.

Off topic, but while we are talking socks, I have a bit of a 'thing'. I hate walking around at someone's house and then putting their "floor dirt" back into my shoes, it stresses me out. I have a bunch of extra socks in my car so I can change them when I leave (typing this out I realize it doesn't even make sense!)

Why are you walking around someone's house without your shoes on?

Isn't it considered rude to leave your shoes on and bring outside dirt into other people's homes? I gladly leave them on if told its 'ok'.

And, then it's even worse, who knows what is on the bottom of people's shoes and then poor me with my socks, or worse yet bare feet!

I like having clean feet, it's one of my 'things'

I was always taught to remove my shoes out of respect for someone elses home and I still do. That being said there is a debate as of late that it has been proven that walking around with no shoes actually makes the floors dirtier due to the oils on your feet mixing with the dirt etc. Who knows, I will continue to remove my shoes at the door. LOL.

I still don't get this. Is it a regional thing? I have NEVER had guests take off their shows when they come into the house.

One thing that stuck with me and everyone else around here watching American TV shows and movies was how people in those nonchalantly laid in bed or put their feet up on the couch WITH their shoes on. Their outside shoes, not slippers. I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time but still, it felt ridiculous.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. Around here the polite thing to do is to take your shoes off (you'll be provided with slippers), unless the host insists that's not needed. Most times they do, but it's standard procedure to go for the shoes after stepping in, or at least ask about the protocol.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »

Off topic, but while we are talking socks, I have a bit of a 'thing'. I hate walking around at someone's house and then putting their "floor dirt" back into my shoes, it stresses me out. I have a bunch of extra socks in my car so I can change them when I leave (typing this out I realize it doesn't even make sense!)

Isn't it considered rude to leave your shoes on and bring outside dirt into other people's homes? I gladly leave them on if told its 'ok'.

And, then it's even worse, who knows what is on the bottom of people's shoes and then poor me with my socks, or worse yet bare feet!

I was always taught to remove my shoes out of respect for someone elses home and I still do. That being said there is a debate as of late that it has been proven that walking around with no shoes actually makes the floors dirtier due to the oils on your feet mixing with the dirt etc. Who knows, I will continue to remove my shoes at the door. LOL.

I still don't get this. Is it a regional thing? I have NEVER had guests take off their shows when they come into the house.

One thing that stuck with me and everyone else around here watching American TV shows and movies was how people in those nonchalantly laid in bed or put their feet up on the couch WITH their shoes on. Their outside shoes, not slippers. I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time but still, it felt ridiculous.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. Around here the polite thing to do is to take your shoes off (you'll be provided with slippers), unless the host insists that's not needed. Most times they do, but it's standard procedure to go for the shoes after stepping in, or at least ask about the protocol.

My wife is Korean. Our home is a shoes off environment. No slippers. You take your chances on the hard wood floors.
  • SabAteNine
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

My wife is Korean. Our home is a shoes off environment. No slippers. You take your chances on the hard wood floors.

I always refuse the slippers because... nope, not good with walking in someone else's shoes. And I get the hardwood care issue. We just had ours redone. Damn floor is still in the „don't dare drag anything on it, not even with stick-on protectors” stage.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I always refuse the slippers because... nope, not good with walking in someone else's shoes. And I get the hardwood care issue. We just had ours redone. Damn floor is still in the „don't dare drag anything on it, not even with stick-on protectors” stage.

Oh, not care for me. Just, they take their chances on the slippery wood in their socks.

We don't entertain much.
  • SabAteNine
    Options

Oh, not care for me. Just, they take their chances on the slippery wood in their socks.

We don't entertain much.

Oh, I get it now.

Sounds like when you do, it ends up pretty entertaining still.
  • SabAteNine
    Options

So what do you do with foot odor? Or hobbit feet?

Well Scholl sprays do exist. And I have yet to see hobbit feet IRL. 😁
  • SabAteNine
    Options

So what do you do with foot odor? Or hobbit feet?

Well Scholl sprays do exist. And I have yet to see hobbit feet IRL. 😁

So you carry around foot spray with you or as a host, you have some available by the front door?

Nope, I just put my money on people's common sense. So far it's worked. Then again I am one of the hosts that doesn't ask friends to take their shoes off, anyway.

Apart from that, good foot hygiene and proper shoe care are... well, good!
  • lililomo
    lililomo Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    nobody walks into our house with outdoor shoes on. it's like that with everyone i know. and when someone does say - you can keep your shoes on - i just wonder... why...maybe it's a cultural thing but it's pretty standard here
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Socks are not allowed in my bed.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Do you sleep with your socks on or off?

Definitely off. As soon as I get home from anywhere I remove my shoes and socks. Wouldn't think to put them back on for bedtime.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    lililomo wrote: »
    nobody walks into our house with outdoor shoes on. it's like that with everyone i know. and when someone does say - you can keep your shoes on - i just wonder... why...maybe it's a cultural thing but it's pretty standard here

Interesting!! It is NOT like that with anyone I know. Actually one of my relatives has a neighbor with a sign at the door about removing shoes, and we always have a good laugh about it whenever we go there.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When entering other people's homes, I just wear disposable shoe covers! I've to know you personally, to know that you and/or anyone within your home, doesn't have athlete's feet &'re otherwise hygienic, for me to not wear shoes! I also've disposable toilet seat covers & toilet paper, within my purse!

I never walk around, while just wearing socks because everything sticks to them, so I either wear wedge flip flops or slippers! I was unable to institute, an outdoor shoe wearing indoors & without shoe covers ban, with my Mother & Sister, so I no longer've shoes that I only wear indoors but I refuse to sit, upon my floor or carpet because of it! I do however've shoes that I only wear, while using my exercise equipment but won't, walk around wearing!

I always wear socks, with sneakers & only to bed, if my feet're icy!

I'm not quite sure what I would do if anyone ever showed up to my home with disposable shoe covers and put them on before coming in... :huh:

I'd be, very appreciative because what if they've athlete's feet, smelly feet and/or open sores?