• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V

xfizgmo8s2tz.jpg
    Hmm, I interpret this in a few different ways....all flattering!!
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I do not wear socks to bed, I do wear them around tho, my floors are cold.

Off topic, but while we are talking socks, I have a bit of a 'thing'. I hate walking around at someone's house and then putting their "floor dirt" back into my shoes, it stresses me out. I have a bunch of extra socks in my car so I can change them when I leave (typing this out I realize it doesn't even make sense!)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    every human must wear socks in my bed. i will not be touched by naked feet
    dogs are not required to wear socks
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Off topic, but while we are talking socks, I have a bit of a 'thing'. I hate walking around at someone's house and then putting their "floor dirt" back into my shoes, it stresses me out. I have a bunch of extra socks in my car so I can change them when I leave (typing this out I realize it doesn't even make sense!)

I keep your floor dirt in a mayo jar on my mantle. ;)

Jokes on you! I don't have floor dirt! I wash my floors once a week with a mild bleach solution (I kinda feel like Dexter, seems a little serial killer-ish!)
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    @Vikka_V wrote: »

Why are you walking around someone's house without your shoes on?

Isn't it considered rude to leave your shoes on and bring outside dirt into other people's homes? I gladly leave them on if told its 'ok'.

And, then it's even worse, who knows what is on the bottom of people's shoes and then poor me with my socks, or worse yet bare feet!

I like having clean feet, it's one of my 'things'
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Isn't it considered rude to leave your shoes on and bring outside dirt into other people's homes? I gladly leave them on if told its 'ok'.

And, then it's even worse, who knows what is on the bottom of people's shoes and then poor me with my socks, or worse yet bare feet!

Thats what I was taught. take your shoes off at the door
  • SodaDrinker
    SodaDrinker Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Both... depends on temperature
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

I was always taught to remove my shoes out of respect for someone elses home and I still do. That being said there is a debate as of late that it has been proven that walking around with no shoes actually makes the floors dirtier due to the oils on your feet mixing with the dirt etc. Who knows, I will continue to remove my shoes at the door. LOL.

to answer the original question, I do not sleep with socks as an adult, but I had to when I was younger, it was a weird security issue that I had.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Off. It's too confining. Unless it's super fricken cold, then the benefits outweigh the uncomfortableness.
  • Pipersmomma1
    Pipersmomma1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Eww...no! Always off!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't wear'em with sandals who cares! Unless of course you are 80+, then carrying on with the socks and sandals if it pleases you.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I was always taught to remove my shoes out of respect for someone elses home and I still do. That being said there is a debate as of late that it has been proven that walking around with no shoes actually makes the floors dirtier due to the oils on your feet mixing with the dirt etc. Who knows, I will continue to remove my shoes at the door. LOL.

to answer the original question, I do not sleep with socks as an adult, but I had to when I was younger, it was a weird security issue that I had.

Thanks for that 😂

Now I can think about other people's "foot oil" potentially getting on my feet, socks and inside my shoes!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

I still don't get this. Is it a regional thing? I have NEVER had guests take off their shows when they come into the house.

not religious for me (and my family), just a cleanlyness thing. Think of all this *kitten* you walk through outside all the time. Then you walk that all in all over your house.

My mom grew up on a farm though, so maybe that has something to do with it? Farmers tend to have lose dirt on their shoes.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When entering other people's homes, I just wear disposable shoe covers! I've to know you personally, to know that you and/or anyone within your home, doesn't have athlete's feet &'re otherwise hygienic, for me to not wear shoes! I also've disposable toilet seat covers & toilet paper, within my purse!

I never walk around, while just wearing socks because everything sticks to them, so I either wear wedge flip flops or slippers! I was unable to institute, an outdoor shoe wearing indoors & without shoe covers ban, with my Mother & Sister, so I no longer've shoes that I only wear indoors but I refuse to sit, upon my floor or carpet because of it! I do however've shoes that I only wear, while using my exercise equipment but won't, walk around wearing!

I always wear socks, with sneakers & only to bed, if my feet're icy!