Intermittent fasting ? Does it work for you????

Options
123457»

Replies

• Thenextloislane
    Thenextloislane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat from 6:30/7am until 6pm. I have higher blood sugars in the morning if I eat later. So I fast from 6 on to help lower my morning blood sugars. I have the thought that if I control my blood sugar then I will lose weight (because my body will work efficiently). I have lost 21lbs as of today using this method. I've been working on this since May. A good 5lbs may have been losing water weight.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth. I don't NEED breakfast, but I like it sometimes.

I'm also not crazy about it - and will often have my normal soy americano in the morning and chew gum/eat mints. I does help me restrict calories because I'm a volume eater. Not eating anything of real substance before 12 or 1230 allows me to eat a big lunch and dinner.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For me, Yes it works.
    1. I dont care much for breakfast, and if i eat before 10am, I tend to feel really hungry all day, so I dont eat til noon
    2. I am the worst in the evening hours with snacking, and thats when I tend to fall off the wagon, so by deciding I do not eat after 8pm, I more easily dont graze into the late hours of the night
    3. Eating late like within an hour of going to bed causes me to bloat really bad when I sleep, so its helped that also, and i usually dont eat past 7pm for this reason
    4. I tend to be more of a volume eater, so spreading my calories between a 7-8 hour eating window is easier than spreading them out within a 12+ hour eating window.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I eat from 6:30/7am until 6pm. I have higher blood sugars in the morning if I eat later. So I fast from 6 on to help lower my morning blood sugars. I have the thought that if I control my blood sugar then I will lose weight (because my body will work efficiently). I have lost 21lbs as of today using this method. I've been working on this since May. A good 5lbs may have been losing water weight.

the deficit is what caused the weight loss.