September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

By the end of the day, the battery is already low, so probably not enough for music. I can't get lost, same route all the time. And if i fall? Rub some dirt on it and get back up... 😉

I have an iPhone with a mophie - which I keep snapped right onto the phone. It's basically a back-up battery that recharges the phone. I love it and it has been a life saver many times - whether on my bike or long runs or whenever the battery runs low. I just flip a little switch and presto - I'm back to 100% battery.

I have an external battery too. I have it today, but doubt i use it for radio since i need to bike.

I just need to remember to charge it, i dont leave it on my phone. When its 100° out i cant use it, or any gps/satellite outside. My phone gives me warnings that its too hot.

I did round up my son's old mp3 player. So... Might make that work for now. Lots of great running music :wink:
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 50 miles

Workout 1 (9/03) - 4.38 miles
    Workout 2 (9/04) - 4.29 miles
    Workout 3 (9/06) - 2.41 miles
    Workout 4 (9/09) - 4.40 miles
    Workout 5 (9/11) - 5.39 miles

Total - 20.87 miles

• AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    September goal: 100 miles
    9/1: rest
    9/2: 6 miles of random hotel parking lots
    9/3: rest
    9/4: 7 miles
    9/5: 3.5 miles
    9/6: 5 miles
    9/7: 9 miles (6 am & 3 pm)
    9/8: rest
    9/9: upper body weights
    9/10: rest
    9/11: 8 miles
    9/12: 4 miles
    42.5 of 100 done

UPCOMING RACES
    October - Illinois Homecoming 5k (7th)
    November - 5 mile Bare Bones Turkey Trot (22nd)
    December -

COMPLETED RACES
    January - Frosty 5k
    February - Run for the Chocolate 5k
    March - Penguin in the Park 5k
    April - Lake Sara Dam 5k
    May - Run Through the Jungle 5k
    June - French Fried 5k
    July - Firecracker 5k
    August - Happy Birthday to Me virtual 10k
    September 7th - 5k Glow Run
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary - you got my vote!

@sarahthes - hopefully you'll heal right up and be back full force. I was looking at my past races just two nights ago and wondered "why didn't I run anything in 2017?" And then remembered - I lost an entire year to PF. This will NOT happen to you! If I would have paid attention to the pain when it first started I probably would have healed faster - but I completely disregarded it until one day I couldn't even walk it hurt so bad. Lesson learned.

Managed 2 miles before work - 3 if you count the 1 mile walking the dog. However, I'll call it 2.

June goal - 44/44
    July goal - 52/52
    August goal - 55/57 miles
    Sept goal - 32/60 miles

Sept. 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon; Corning, NY
    October 7 - Viking Dash Half Marathon; Toledo, OH

exercise.png
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Hello, I was here a few months ago, and fell off the wagon big time. I have just signed up for a 5K at the end of October, and hoping you all will take me back.

My goal since I am late and not good at this will be 17 miles for Sept (HERE GOES NOTHING)

Upcoming Race
    Oct 27th - Monster Dash 5K

Welcome back! You've totally got this!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    OMG dudes, my husband booked us a hotel RIGHT NEXT TO a biking/running path! I didn't even think those existed in suburban Kansas! Maybe I'll get to run this weekend after all.

Suburbs? I have noticed there are a lot of biking / running paths in suburban midwest areas and more popping up all the time. There are also a lot of rails-to-trails trails in the rural midwest... ya know, if you are looking for some real distance.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary - I voted for you and left a small comment quoting @JessicaMcB . She should copyright her saying and use it with her shoe sponsor as a sales tagline attached to a muddy trail run picture.

You were in the lead by a small amount. Go vote for Mary -
    Hi everyone, so my muddy posterior photo from the weekend’s event is a finalist to win some Inov8 trail shoes. For those if you on Facebook, could you please vote for me (I’m Mary if you haven’t figured that bit out). Link here: https://www.facebook.com/917010361675854/posts/1967174123326134/
    Thanks so much!!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    OMG dudes, my husband booked us a hotel RIGHT NEXT TO a biking/running path! I didn't even think those existed in suburban Kansas! Maybe I'll get to run this weekend after all.

Suburbs? I have noticed there are a lot of biking / running paths in suburban midwest areas and more popping up all the time. There are also a lot of rails-to-trails trails in the rural midwest... ya know, if you are looking for some real distance.

In spite of living in Minnesota for almost 20 years, I'm afraid that I'm kind of a snob when it comes to the rest of the Midwest. This is the second time I've been impressed by a trail system running through what I'd dismissed as a "car town".
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    5 easy miles around the park, weather is still lovely. Got home and the AC is broken, and it's supposed to get hot again by tomorrow. AC guy is supposed to be here within a couple of hours. I truly hope he can fix it today because I cannot sleep in the heat. And also that it doesn't cost all my money to fix, darn it!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so my muddy posterior photo from the weekend’s event is a finalist to win some Inov8 trail shoes. For those if you on Facebook, could you please vote for me (I’m Mary if you haven’t figured that bit out). Link here: https://www.facebook.com/917010361675854/posts/1967174123326134/
    Thanks so much!!

Voted!! I hope you win!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Done. Looks like you are still in First place!