12346»

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    @dkabambe The baking book looks fascinating! I know almost nothing about "Chetna bakes from the East"...
    @Orphia - Chetna is the name of the author. She did really well on a famous baking show over here (Great British Bake Off) by putting lots of Indian/Eastern flavours into traditional western puds/cakes. Can't wait to try some of them out - probably stick to the savoury bakes for now as trying to be healthy at the moment!

I love the Great British Bake Off!! I watched four seasons of in like two weeks. Now theres a fifth season on Netflix that I'm dying to get to. Chetna was one of my favorite contestants, her and Nadiya who both loved to kick up the flavor.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @dkabambe Netflix definitely counts! As @twyla77's pic says, we can try to do too much, and I definitely count a session on Facebook or Instagram or here as a treat that keeps me happy. :smile:

It's when that's all you do to relax without exercising and you also feel crappy, stressed, and hungover that Netflix etc can be bad, and when it doesn't enrich you.

@terryrichardson1 I forget if you're participating in the "Let it GO etc" de-cluttering thread in Success Stories. One of my favourites.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @Orphia There's a decluttering thread? Lol! I didn't know that! I have done the Home 100 'Decluttering your home in 365 Days' challenge for a couple of years now. It's become a bit of a habit, now. All my tshirts are 'filed' in my drawers.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia There's a decluttering thread? Lol! I didn't know that! I have done the Home 100 'Decluttering your home in 365 Days' challenge for a couple of years now. It's become a bit of a habit, now. All my tshirts are 'filed' in my drawers.

@TerriRichardson112 (got the tag right this time LOL) Here's the decluttering thread I've been in. It's awesome:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10620293/let-it-go-decluttering-simplifying-your-life-of-people-places-or-things-success-stories#latest
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Virtually no self care
    Since Monday. Will try to rejuvenate this weekend. Classroom flooded this week, so me and my students are displaced and working in the library . A wasp did a dance on my wrist and whole arm is itchy and swollen. Just one of those weeks.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Virtually no self care
    Since Monday. Will try to rejuvenate this weekend. Classroom flooded this week, so me and my students are displaced and working in the library . A wasp did a dance on my wrist and whole arm is itchy and swollen. Just one of those weeks.

I hope your weekend is relaxing!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Today's weather is absolutely perfect. It is currently 65 and the sun is out. It's just cool enough and the sun is just warm enough that it is enjoyable to sit outside and let my body make some vitamin D the old fashioned way ( with sun block of course). Soon I'm going to go for a nice little walk but not stress about how fast it how long it how many calories.

My weight had been bopping around for almost two weeks. I thought it had corrected itself yesterday but today's weigh in showed that was false. I want to be mad about it but it's only been 11 days. I'm going to work on gratitude and patience and forgiving myself.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @Orphia. I had already found it on Community. Lol! And tagged you lol!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I had my Latin Study Group yesterday morning, then wound down after lunch with a pleasant walk.
    Spent some time sorting through winter clothes and have a bag all ready to go to goodwill.
    This morning I have a Tai Chi session, then I'm meeting up with my daughters in Belfast for the afternoon.

😎 I hope you all have a stress-free weekend. 😎
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Oops! Just realized I posted in the October thread and it's still September. :/