LINKS in MFP you want to read again (and again)

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    (p.s. the thread above isn't "New" - it's from 2008 - I just didn't know if it was here yet.)

Carry on!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Adding new:

from member smz08
    I find it interesting (and a bit frustrating) how people think they can live off of granola bars and protein shakes and lose weight while being "healthy." I look at some of my friends diaries, or hear what my friends and coworkers are eating while they try to lose weight, and it seems like it should be obvious as to why it's not working, or why they're still hungry all the time, or why they don't have the energy.

If you want to lose weight, AND be healthy the key is sticking to whole unprocessed foods. Things like vegetables, fruits, and fresh meats (not stuff like lunch meat). These are the type of foods our bodies were designed to eat - not powerbars, slimfasts, chewy granola bars, and 100 calorie packs. It shocks me when sometimes people don't even touch a single fruit or vegetable in a day. Seriously? That's supposed to be the foundation of our whole diet. Plus, there's SO little calories in each serving, allowing you to fill your plate without feeling guilty (to an extent, of course). I mean, a cup of broccoli is ~35 calories. How can you beat that?

If you're eating a well-balanced diet and getting adequate amounts of protein and fiber in your diet, you won't feel hungry all of the time and you'll find you have a lot more energy. Especially if you try laying off of the carbs a bit more which tend to give you a more "bogged down" feeling. Protein and fiber are key elements in a diet, and it's one thing I notice a lot of people's is lacking.

So if you're current diet isn't giving the results you want, maybe it's time you revamp the way you eat. Hit the produce section of your grocery store, or explore the Farmer's Market. Buy some fruits you've never tried before, make a big salad with different ingredients and various balsamic dressings, throw together a omelet in the morning with a bunch of veggies and/or meats. Make it FUN! That's one of the best parts about veggies, fruits, and meats. You can make them/combine them ANY way you want, where as buying those prepackaged foods gets so routine and boring. So, although it may be hard at first (and trust me, it was for me... I'm in college, with little time to spare and limited cooking space considering I'm in a dorm), think of it as an adventure. Make it a goal to try a new fruit or veggie every week, find new ways of adding things together to get a new taste. Even something as simple as adding an onion to your salad can change it up. It can be as simple or as extravagant of an ordeal as you want it to be.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99059-i-find-it-interesting-how-a-bit-of-a-rant?page=1#posts-1369210

______________________edit to give credit to op
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Just bookmarking this thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • fdobson
    fdobson Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    love it!
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Bump! :wink:

No, but seriously... Thanks! This is a great resource!!!:flowerforyou:
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Adding to my topics.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome..bumpin it for later :smile:
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Tag! =)
  • linjan
    linjan Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mmyers3bw
    mmyers3bw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting over again and all these link are sure to help! Thank you!

:glasses:
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Hoping a big THANK YOU will put this in my topics so I can refer back to it as needed....which will likely be daily for a while :)
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bumpin'!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    bump!
  • kami28
    kami28 Posts: 15
    Options
    Bumpity Bump! :happy: