Clean Eating: no processed/refined foods, no high sugar/fat foods, or no foods with dirt on them?

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    rsclause wrote: »
    I manage the bar for our small local sports club - because i shop separately to my own grocery shopping on a separate account - I sometimes have supermarket cart full of nothing but 50 chocolate bars,10 bags of crisps, few cartons of soda.
    and if anyone if is following me, my next step is the liquor store where I buy few bottles of wine and several cartons of beer and mixed spirit drinks

Gosh I hope any Judgy Pants don't think that is my diet for the week :o

I always laugh at the judgey pants eyeing the stuff in everyone else's carts at the checkout. I especially love the ones who have all the organic and woo-filled derp crap in their cart and then visibly sneer at the mom with 3 kids and a box of Froot Loops in hers. :D

I get it, with kids its a whole different ballgame but what I fed my kids then vs what i would like to do now is miles apart. I can only imagine the look on my grand kids faces when I announce we are eating clean this week.

***Que the grandkids "cleaning" the food with dishsoap***
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    ????5-second rule????
    :D

If you can brush most of the dirt off; and nothing's damp or wiggling, it's probably fine.

Couldn't the wiggling be considered an, all-natural, organic source of protien???? 😋

https://rove.me/to/south-africa/roasted-termites
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    ...It is kind of like "Clean Eating" it is a generalization. It means something different to each person. It cannot be defined.
    Thank you. I am the OP, and this has finally answered the question that led to my posting this thread.

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    ????5-second rule????

If you can brush most of the dirt off; and nothing's damp or wiggling, it's probably fine.

Couldn't the wiggling be considered an, all-natural, organic source of protien???? 😋

:)

This made me think of the recipe, in one of my books on composting, for "Vermicelli with Real 'Verms.'"

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    ????5-second rule????

:)

This made me think of the recipe, in one of my books on composting, for "Vermicelli with Real 'Verms.'"

My cousin, raised in east Dallas, married into Africa and lived her career in Kenya. Her daughter grew up and became a doctor working in lonely west Texas. One day on facebook the doctor posted a picture of roasted termites with a note longing for her mother's home cooking. Termites? Home cooking from my mother's generation was anything they could hook, shoot, or road-kill.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Whether they were in front or behind you, same thing applies - I'm sure sunfastrose just gave pondering how quickly you will move through checkout as a random possibility. I gave a few more in my post

odds are they were not comparing your trolley contents - that is just your perception.
    Clouded by fact you do that to other people's carts

It was an anecdotal comment. He looked at his items on the belt, then looked at mine and glanced at me. He looked back at his and gave an slight shoulder shrug. It is a story about how I perceived the brief exchange. It is quite possible that he gave that look because he just crapped himself.

Come on people I explain that I see what others place in their cart and it is like I am looking in their windows to some of you. "Its none of my business" yes I get it but when you see someone dressed inappropriately you notice don't you? Well its none of your business. It is just a random observation and nothing more. This exercise in going to the literal extreme is ridiculous. The phrase "shop the perimeter of the store" is a generalization that causes multiple people to say well I saw car wash or drain cleaner there so should I eat that? I relate a simple story and I get its none of my business (huh I didn't get the camera out and interview the event) or I am not a mind reader. Its a story not a deposition in a murder trail.

It is kind of like "Clean Eating" it is a generalization. It means something different to each person. It cannot be defined. Yet here we are on page 6 of it again.

Yes it is a story about how your perceived the breif exchange - exactly what I said.

It is just your perception. You are not a mind reader and you do not know what he was pondering.
    Odds on he wasnt pondering how superior your choices were, as you seem to think

Just like you do not know anything about the people whose carts you peep into ( your words) to make yourself feel superior.

I gave the real life example of myself with a cart filled with chocolates, crisps, crates of soda and crates of alcohol - you could randomly observe that and you would have no idea of the story behind it.

I don't know anything about people whose carts I observe (not peek) ? I beg to differ. I can see they are obese, I can see they having trouble walking, I can speculate they are or becoming insulin resistant and lastly I can see they are eating sugar and carb in a very high percentage of their diet. But that is just my mind reading power going off the rails. They are more likely be on their way to the gym after they drop off all the junk food at the food bank right before stocking up at the farmers market.

I have gone down this road farther than I should have. Sorry if I have offended anyone as that is not my intention. I was just chit chatting about something that was what I thought was related to Clean Eating all be it remotely. I will wander back to the Keto groups where we are all superior together...I kidd, I kidd.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    ...It is kind of like "Clean Eating" it is a generalization. It means something different to each person. It cannot be defined.
    Thank you. I am the OP, and this has finally answered the question that led to my posting this thread.

It's been a long, strange trip, hasn't it? :lol: