Clean Eating: no processed/refined foods, no high sugar/fat foods, or no foods with dirt on them?

Options

Replies

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Love the "Eating Beautiful" blog piece, Evelyn!
    Thank you :):):)
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Perhaps we could collaborate? I wrote an eating plan that I think is reasonably compatible with your Eating Beautiful program: It could be a cross-marketing opportunity. I'd offer to share any revenue produced by the synergies between your free program, and my free plan. ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

;););)
    Synergies? Oh, boy! All the really good business thingos have synergies! And cross-marketing, too! ;)

The "Ann Plan" is great, and covers several things that got left out(!) of my "Beautiful Eating" post. So, really, all that's left to decide is: "Beautiful Eating and The Ann Plan," or "The Ann Plan and Beautiful Eating"?

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    paperpudding eating plan.

eat to round about your calorie allowance

eat a reasonably nutritionally balanced diet

Include food you like

Do not include foods you do not like.

Hmmm, needs a catchy name or some sort of upgrade before becoming a marketable product :o
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    edited September 2018
    Options

Include food you like

Hmmm, needs a catchy name or some sort of upgrade before becoming a marketable product :o
    "The Pudding Plan"?

"The Paper & Pudding Provender Procedure"?

"Would'ya Could'ya Should'ya Eatch'yer Pudda"?

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    The MFP way is a simpler way. A calorie deficit is all you need, and it doesn't matter what type of foods you use in getting there.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Include food you like

You could change your name to ChocolatePudding. Who wouldn't want to get on board the ChocolatePudding plan?

Would you believe, when I first tried to join this forum, way back in 2013 - i tried with the username chocolatepudding

actually I tried with about a dozen variations of names and all of them were disallowed because already in use - in desperation I then started putting together random words - and ended up with paperpudding B)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Include food you like

You could change your name to ChocolatePudding. Who wouldn't want to get on board the ChocolatePudding plan?

Would you believe, when I first tried to join this forum, way back in 2013 - i tried with the username chocolatepudding

actually I tried with about a dozen variations of names and all of them were disallowed because already in use - in desperation I then started putting together random words - and ended up with paperpudding B)

I generally don't have a problem with Nutmegoreo. Funny that it's not that common. :laugh:
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    The MFP way is a simpler way. A calorie deficit is all you need, and it doesn't matter what type of foods you use in getting there.

It seems you may have a pronoun usage problem. While it may not matter what types of foods YOU eat it does matter very much what types of foods that I eat.

You are free to speak for your case but not are not free to tell others what may or may not work in their case since you do not know in their case.

He's free to say whatever he wants, even if he was incorrect (he isn't)

If there was a policy against misinformation, there would be several members that would have been banned years ago.
    I think that @GaleHawkins may have meant "You... ...are not are not free to tell others what may or may not work in their case..." without repercussions - such as being questioned, challenged, or even informed that you were mistaken in your assumptions.

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    edited September 2018
    Options

It seems you may have a pronoun usage problem. While it may not matter what types of foods YOU eat it does matter very much what types of foods that I eat.

You are free to speak for your case but not are not free to tell others what may or may not work in their case since you do not know in their case.

If there was a policy against misinformation, there would be several members that would have been banned years ago.
    It's difficult to say whether @TonyB0588 is correct or not, since he didn't say what it was that a calorie deficit was all that one needed for, or where it didn't matter what type of food one used in getting to.

For instance, if one were trying to build a gingerbread house, TonyB0588 would be incorrect in both cases.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by those that complain they are not losing weight despite "eating clean" - as if that is the only thing they need to do

I eat what tastes good - clean or dirty, I don't care :p

That's because they're eating too many calories of that "clean" food, or burning too little calories in exercise activity. You still need a calorie deficit no matter what the food is.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »

Ok if that is MFP policy about misinformation. After 40 years in my case the results is very clear that the type of food I eat does increase or decrease my pain levels.
    Where did @TonyB0588 say anything about food and pain levels? He was talking about a calorie deficit, and, in all likelihood, weight loss.
    The foods that increase my pain level also increase my weight levels and foods that lower my pain level for some reason leads to unplanned weight loss per my medical records.
    Weight gain/loss is due to calorie surplus/deficit, not the specific type of food. So based on this statement your pain levels may be due to weight loss/gain and not the type of food.

I think what he is saying is he is eating keto or LCHF which can be a anti inflammatory diet for some. So if he started eating more carbs he would likely end up gaining both weight and pain. I could be wrong but I think I have seen him in the LCHF group.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

Include food you like

You could make it all sciency sounding.

Consume your daily caloric needs to withing 10% of scientifically generated standardized weight loss figures

And so forth. And of course have it advertised with some random person wearing a lab coat.