Show off your best photography

HollaDeckGirl
HollaDeckGirl Posts: 40 Member
edited September 2018 in Chit-Chat
Hey y'all! Anyone down for a photo thread? Show off the best photos you've taken, and don't forget to tell us about the gear you shot them with.

Ready. Set. Go!

Replies

• HollaDeckGirl
    canon 60D w/ 10-18 3.5

canon 6D w/ 24-70 2.8

Love these! Love that lens too. Super wide.

• HollaDeckGirl
    I suppose I'll start! It's so hard to choose a favorite because I'm shooting nearly constantly, but this one I just finished editing, and love.

It was taken in Japan earlier this year. I was capturing a series of silhouettes, and this guy made a perfect gesture right as I released the shutter.

Camera: Fuji x-pro2 + 90mm prime

crap i read wrong. i didnt realize its just 1 photo. LOL

amazing pic though. i loved japan so much

Rules schmules. Love all of these. Japan has been my favorite photo destination to date, but I have my eye on Vietnam.

• HollaDeckGirl
    I suppose I'll start! It's so hard to choose a favorite because I'm shooting nearly constantly, but this one I just finished editing, and love.

It was taken in Japan earlier this year. I was capturing a series of silhouettes, and this guy made a perfect gesture right as I released the shutter.

Rules schmules. Love all of these. Japan has been my favorite photo destination to date, but I have my eye on Vietnam.

same here. im actually thinking about going back next year. iv only been to kyoto osaka and tokyo. osaka was my favorite by far. and doing a layover in korea to give that a shot.

im thinking about italy later this year though

I have been to Japan 4 times in 2 years, and I swear I was *this* close to grabbing another flight. It's just so great. Italy looks like an absolute dream. I think I might venture to Europe soon as well, but who knows where. Romania is a contender. Really want to see all that medieval architecture.
  • HollaDeckGirl
    iMago wrote: »
    i don't think its my best photo but its my favorite.

Birds are such great subjects! Wonderful colors, too.

• haileyrossi96
    haileyrossi96 Posts: 6 Member
    0pczi317aumz.jpeg
    bdldr7ujtdpt.jpeg
    My I phone 7!
  • HollaDeckGirl

same here. im actually thinking about going back next year. iv only been to kyoto osaka and tokyo. osaka was my favorite by far. and doing a layover in korea to give that a shot.

I have been to Japan 4 times in 2 years, and I swear I was *this* close to grabbing another flight. It's just so great. Italy looks like an absolute dream. I think I might venture to Europe soon as well, but who knows where. Romania is a contender. Really want to see all that medieval architecture.

Japan was the only place i ever considered packing my bags and moving there lol. Where did u visit in japan? What was ur favorite? Did u do kobe beef? And the ramen vending machines? XD

We've actually been to the same places (predictably!) Kyoto was my favorite because it reminded me of old Samurai films. I adored the bamboo forest. My favorite adventure would have to be the snow monkey hike in Arashiyama, but you really can't beat the street photography fun in Harajuku.

I did all the vending machine things. Those and the awesome 7-11s are some of my favorite Japan quirks.
  • HollaDeckGirl

Japan was the only place i ever considered packing my bags and moving there lol. Where did u visit in japan? What was ur favorite? Did u do kobe beef? And the ramen vending machines? XD

We've actually been to the same places (predictably!) Kyoto was my favorite because it reminded me of old Samurai films. I adored the bamboo forest. My favorite adventure would have to be the snow monkey hike in Arashiyama, but you really can't beat the street photography fun in Harajuku.

I did all the vending machine things. Those and the awesome 7-11s are some of my favorite Japan quirks.

Lmao if u look closely its not called 7/11! And i stayed at hotels with a 7/11 on every corner. I stopped by every day for ice creAm xD

Did u do fhe shrine hike in kyoto?

Sure did! We actually did it in the middle of the night, which was gorgeous. We were completely alone, and it was so eerie, and beautiful. Def want to go back in the day at some point.

• HollaDeckGirl
    What a beautiful, soulful dog! Great shot.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    What a beautiful, soulful dog! Great shot.

Thank you.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    v0qyz586ir32.jpg
  • HollaDeckGirl
    gosdqz2g7gm0.jpg
    r1inxz94ptaz.jpg

91cfrzrntiyu.jpg

Those macros are sweet!

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member

[/quote]

Those macros are sweet!

[/quote]

Thank you I do like macro but honestly it is more luck than jugment most of the time.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I love good photography. I would love to take a beginners course on digital photography, but there is nothing in the offing. But as evidenced here, when you have a great eye, it doesn't matter what camera you are using.
  • HollaDeckGirl
    Love the long exposures!