Show off your best photography

Replies

• krafty_11
    krafty_11 Posts: 4 Member
    Another6plchbjysprp.jpg
  • krafty_11
    krafty_11 Posts: 4 Member
    One more for tonight, little oof but it's hard with a 400mm hand held floating down a river in a canoe :), I still like it thoughf2f55kef9fw3.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition; a Samsung ZTE tracfone and a Canon T2i. I work with ancient technology, apparently.

ewh7bm0otr7s.jpg
    zenqm9a28ivs.jpg
    214btkpwlaco.jpg
    dmn511yzanqx.jpg
    37y7kc24bnph.jpg

I love the first one of the kitty especially

Heh, that's Galaxy and she's actually hard to corner and get a photo of in which she isn't just a blur. At least I'll have one decent photo of her after she passes on. :lol: It only took me 11 years.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    I like buildings. Specially the old abandoned kind.

taeh5ozl2mzi.jpg
    omnc3o4jggg7.jpg
    4ofqnmx0wccv.jpg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

taeh5ozl2mzi.jpg
    omnc3o4jggg7.jpg
    4ofqnmx0wccv.jpg

there's a kid I follow on ig and youtube who does abandoned photography and videos. I'll try to find some cool links and post them tomorrow here somewhere
  • jader830
    jader830 Posts: 5 Member
    z6jhujp48hxp.jpeg

Taken the other day on my walk! Taken with my iPhone 😊
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited September 2018
    This is my husband's lobster boat. The traps are on the loading dock ready to be put on the boat for the beginning of the season. Taken with my Iphone.

wusn30ji7v7x.jpg

• R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member

taeh5ozl2mzi.jpg
    omnc3o4jggg7.jpg
    4ofqnmx0wccv.jpg

there's a kid I follow on ig and youtube who does abandoned photography and videos. I'll try to find some cool links and post them tomorrow here somewhere

That would be great, thank you!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    I am so jealous everyone has access to these great scenery and wildlife. i only have buildings here :(

I could not roll my eyes any harder at this even if I wanted to.
    YOU LIVE IN NY, MAN! Take a look at Manhattan out of the office window for a bit. Dah eff do you want more in terms of great scenery?! :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    chicago has lots of buildings
    44tlp2rh1gg3.png

7ovtkft0qwsa.png

5ko5ch2umola.png
  • iMago
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    I am so jealous everyone has access to these great scenery and wildlife. i only have buildings here :(

YOU LIVE IN NY, MAN! Take a look at Manhattan out of the office window for a bit. Dah eff do you want more in terms of great scenery?! :smiley:

Im tired of this :( lol

ftgyh9j0hf86.jpeg
    kkzmut1p1ylj.jpeg

there's nothing wrong with those. but it is easy to get tired of things from a distance no matter where you are.
    so what if you went up close?

maybe go in for some closeups of the rims of those cars. something chrome and shiny and polished.
    the reflections might even be amazing.
    what about the cracks of the sidewalk, plants try to grow up through everything right?
    and the gutters, maybe with water flowing down them? im sure they carry all kinds of interesting things that people throw away.
    me personally, i'd love to find a tall building window to hang out of and shoot up or down and see what kind of views you could get then.

point being, you've got good gear and good talent, you'll never lose that. just don't lose your inspiration yknow?
  • iMago
    @R3d_butt3rfly

https://youtu.be/dda403ni6yA

here's some of the kid's stuff that i mentioned. his videos are more about exploring usually than the photography, but still really interesting. I like that one in particular...kinda gives you that vibe of nature overtaking man's achievements in the end.
  • iMago

ftgyh9j0hf86.jpeg
    kkzmut1p1ylj.jpeg

there's nothing wrong with those. but it is easy to get tired of things from a distance no matter where you are.

maybe go in for some closeups of the rims of those cars. something chrome and shiny and polished.
    what about the cracks of the sidewalk, plants try to grow up through everything right?
    and the gutters, maybe with water flowing down them? im sure they carry all kinds of interesting things that people throw away.
    me personally, i'd love to find a tall building window to hang out of and shoot up or down and see what kind of views you could get then.

point being, you've got good gear and good talent, you'll never lose that. just don't lose your inspiration yknow?

I have a lot of detailed shots of cars and stuff. I just choose not to post it as I think its a very acquired category, and I know most here doesn't care for them lol

I do want to , one day, just roam the city and take some detail shots of what u suggested. def a great idea. only issue is, there is so many people here. Iv attempted it before, and ppl just start walking over me, shoving into me, and blocking my shot. I def need to find the right time to take pics when its more empty.

but honestly, thanks to this thread, I may just take my camera with me to work and see what I can find.

thanks for the kind words!

i think you def ought to post your more detailed stuff. the rims. engines. gear shifts. leather seats. stuff like that is awesome and gives me that feeling of being inside a car i'd never own. i bet you're underestimating yourself.

biggest city i've ever been in was philly, and didn't have the opportunity to explore. how easy is it to get on to rooftops there where you're at? i bet there's a whole microcosm of life going on up there that most of us will never see. and you're so perfectly positioned to be the one to see it for us.
  • iMago

ftgyh9j0hf86.jpeg
    kkzmut1p1ylj.jpeg

I have a lot of detailed shots of cars and stuff. I just choose not to post it as I think its a very acquired category, and I know most here doesn't care for them lol

I do want to , one day, just roam the city and take some detail shots of what u suggested. def a great idea. only issue is, there is so many people here. Iv attempted it before, and ppl just start walking over me, shoving into me, and blocking my shot. I def need to find the right time to take pics when its more empty.

but honestly, thanks to this thread, I may just take my camera with me to work and see what I can find.

thanks for the kind words!

i think you def ought to post your more detailed stuff. the rims. engines. gear shifts. leather seats. stuff like that is awesome and gives me that feeling of being inside a car i'd never own. i bet you're underestimating yourself.

biggest city i've ever been in was philly, and didn't have the opportunity to explore. how easy is it to get on to rooftops there where you're at? i bet there's a whole microcosm of life going on up there that most of us will never see. and you're so perfectly positioned to be the one to see it for us.

Its not easy at all! But i work on the 29th floor with access all the way to the 40th, but behind glass so pics will always hVe reflections :(

Heres some detailed ish shots

n05adt13jn5i.jpeg
    p531tjlqqn27.jpeg
    pplqmze8dqmz.jpeg
    brgqi8fwqlrz.jpeg
    yesuq4cobqut.jpeg
    3d07bz84guze.jpeg
    htsybb0xal69.jpeg
    zx756lt6fqf9.jpeg
    raisoxqd7zha.jpeg
    tc6b8xwj53yd.jpeg
    bjseuejjhuah.jpeg
    h124td7l87hh.jpeg
    zve44vdegguq.jpeg
    v7ziiokfw0fs.jpeg

see those are great. the stitching of the thread with the leather and the gear shift is my favorite. its just art and craftsmanship in one. those are the things the viewer would feel if they owned that car.

and then tangentially, you've got a parking garage you could shoot in sometime?
    i bet you could get a lot of haunting shadowy stuff out of that.
    prob a lot of unique little angles you could get.
    like shooting in darkness with a flashlight would be so much fun if you could.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    5gqdim0m5hpc.jpg
    d9fbwazpqar2.jpg
    5erm0vn4jler.jpg
    a3gtb1m3b4na.jpg