You Know You're Getting Old When......

Options

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    When the musicians and bands you loved in high school are doing their farewell tours :'(
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Girls night out is no longer (meet at the bar at 9pm, dance on tables, stay out till 3am, then get up for work the next day like nothing happened) now its lets get some dinner, meet at the restaurant at 7:30pm and maybe have a drink after. then half way through dinner everyone is yawning so there is no after dinner drink and you are all home in bed by 9pm on a Saturday night.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    When the musicians and bands you loved in high school are doing their farewell tours :'(

Or a second or third tour after the farewell tour you saw in High School. Saw The Who during their first farewell in 1982, LOL
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »

When you're thrilled that you got to see your favourite band before one of the members was diagnosed with dementia.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    When you look at the pictures from last weekend's HS reunion (45 years) and are shocked by how old everyone looks. And to think these people that you used to party with, are now grandparents.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I bought a new cane today!

I bought a wooden cane from a Thrift store $1 a couple years ago after PT for my knee.

Today upgraded to a new metal cane knowing I’m having back surgery 4 Oct for disc fusion operation. $23 from CVS.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well and that your recovery goes smoothly.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have random aches and pains despite no obvious injury. Foot, back, knee, etc and I am more stiff.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    ... every actor I used to like is dead now :(
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You no longer have to ask for your senior discounts. :'(
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you sign up for a tanning package and they say, "You get the senior discount" !
    When did 55 become senior??
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    When you come across your old passport and you can't believe you ever looked that young.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    berky06 wrote: »
    When you sign up for a tanning package and they say, "You get the senior discount" !
    When did 55 become senior??

They stopped asking me 2 decades ago. Just started giving it to me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    When you roll out of bed and your knee is swollen to the size of a grapefruit with bursitis and you did nothing to provoke that...
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When you fall and instead of your friends laughing at you, they're genuinely concerned you may have broken something.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    ... People call me "sir" a lot now
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I bought a new cane today!

I bought a wooden cane from a Thrift store $1 a couple years ago after PT for my knee.

Today upgraded to a new metal cane knowing I’m having back surgery 4 Oct for disc fusion operation. $23 from CVS.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well and that your recovery goes smoothly.

Thanks
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    yukfoo wrote: »
    ... every actor I used to like is dead now :(

I keep thinking of this meme when people say that..

a-no-hope-no-cash-a-no-jobs-please-dont-6015111.png
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    disco comes on the radio and you start dancing sitting in your car lol
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    "Have a great day ma'am" says the 19 year old cashier.....