JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 54

Options

Replies

• allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    denswrex wrote: »
    @quiltingjaine Please continue posting your helpful replies, even if the person you are tagging doesn't read or reply, there are a lot of us here who read every post, and it all helps!!

very true
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    10/2- 188.0- guess what I ate yesterday. Rice. Surprise! Lol. High carbohydrate intake makes you retain water so obviously I didn't gain a pound of fat overnight but I still hate seeing the upwards fluctuation. My mom cooks at home a lot and rice is a staple in our cultural food so it's hard to avoid completely. I'm going to try to do really well today and tomorrow (no rice lol) so that maybe I get a chance of reaching my GW this time around? We'll see. Probably a stretch but that won't stop me from trying! Was a little over calories yesterday too. But I did go to the gym so that's good.

Try cauliflower rice. You can rice it yourself in a food processor or grate it into rice using a cheese grater. You can also buy it in the frozen section. Birdseye makes it and so does Green Giant. It's the only rice I use now. There are carbs but they are WAY WAY lower than real rice. It's also a nice source of fiber and some vitamins. Once you top it it is very hard to tell the difference. I do not like cauliflower, but I eat this several times a week because what I top it with makes it delicious. I had to get used to the smell at first since I don't generally like cauliflower, but once I did, it's fantastic. I am shocked at the things I eat now because my desire to be slimmer and healthier is so strong. Best wishes.

@deepwoodslady That's a really good idea! I've been eyeing cauliflower rice lately but I think it's a really good idea to go ahead and try it. I'll try it!!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This is my first time doing this challenge!

Original start weight: 221 March 2016
    Restart weight: 191 March 2018
    Ultimate goal weight: 140
    Female 5'4" 38 years

Day/Weight/Comment
    9/25 177.6 I'm going to the dentist today. 😬 I'm hoping to still get 10,000 steps today!
    9/26 176.4 My trip to the dentist was a little easier than I expected! And not only did I get 10,000 steps yesterday but I surpassed it! I ended the day at 11,289 which is great for a day off. I have to be really intentional about it on days off. I'm happy with it.
    9/27 177.2 Water weight? I was under on calories yesterday.
    9/28 177.6 Alright now...😒 I can tell that TOM is coming because I'm craving chocolate and sweets like crazy! I was able to have some chocolate yesterday and still be under calories. My son joined me in my evening walk last night which was nice!
    9/29 177.6 I’m slightly annoyed by this number but I’m trying not to be. I know that I’m about to start TOM. It’s just frustrating when you’re consistently under calories and exercising. Hopefully in another couple of days it’ll start going back down again.
    9/30 176.8 Well that surprised me a little! I went to a wedding after work last night and I guesstimated on calories of the food that I ate. I even had a cupcake! Being gluten intolerant, I mostly assume that there’s not going to be anything gluten free at events. But these guys had a gluten free table set up, and even had some gluten free vegan cupcakes! It’s not often I get to have something like that, so I went for it and had one!
    I did not like my reaction to yesterday’s weigh in. You see, I’m not used to daily weigh ins, this is my first time doing this challenge. I had to take a step back and remind myself to look at the big picture and to not get upset over just a few days. This is a life long journey! Keep up the work and change will happen!
    10/1 175.8 Another surprise but I'll happily take it! I was so stressed and tired after work yesterday that all I wanted to do was rest. So I did.
    I'm excited for this new month and I'm excited to keep the progress going! Let's finish this year strong!
    10/2 175.8 I stayed the same and I'm ok with it. I'm going to stay on track today even if we are going out for dinner tonight! I've taken a couple of rest days, so I'm feeling ready to get a workout in today!

10/3 175.6 I went out to dinner last night and I even had pumpkin cider! And I managed to stay within calories!
    Today has been somewhat stressful. I started the day with a low tire light on my car but hubby thought it should be ok to get to and from work. So I was nervous all day at work hoping I wasn’t going to be stuck there. Everything was fine until after work when I pulled into a gas station to get air for my tires, and clearly didn’t know what I was doing and made it worse lol! Luckily they didn’t go totally flat. Hubby met up with me and picked up our boy from school. Then I went to Firestone. They real quick put air in my tires and so far so good! Will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days. My previous car I’d had for nearly 15 years. My current car has some features that are new to me. Like I can see the tire pressure in the dash.
    Other than that, one more day to this challenge! This is my first time doing this challenge and I’m glad I gave it a try! So much support and accountability! And thank you for the vertigo tips! Will check out that website. Doctor thinks that ear infection threw off something in my inner ear.

10/4
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,357 Member
    Options
    @bananasandoranges, welcome!