WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Allie - My colonoscopy prep was $108 with insurance. Ridiculous!!

Okie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Allie - My colonoscopy prep was $108 with insurance. Ridiculous!!
    I shall not complain about having to pay $20-$30 for colonoscopy prep ever again! Now the actual procedure, well, that I will complain about! I've been fortunate, I had one done several years ago, more to get a baseline and because my dad had had some polyps removed. I had no issues. Hubby, on the other hand, had one done and had several polyps removed and now has to go every year, he is less than impressed, to say the least. I'm guessing that eventually he won't have to go so often, as long as everything comes coming back clean (sorry, pun not intended!).
    Kelly, that employment person that your hubby spoke to needs to be reported. That is so very clearly ageism and is against the law. I'm sure there are lots of things your hubby is still more than capable of doing for an employer, he just needs someone with a brain that does more than hold their ears apart helping him find that position.
    Busy day yesterday, got a lot of laundry done, felt good to get that out of the way. Today must vacuum and do bathrooms. Don't really feel like it, but it won't get done on it's own, so..... Right now I'm procrastinating, big time! lol Must stop that! :)
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Husband wanted to have a day off today with the gym, and a chance for them to change the gosh darn lightbulb in my sauna. I think he used that as an excuse. He has been upping the weights, as I have been as well! I have no problem doing the 20 lb weights on many of the machines. Its interesting also to be assertive enough to tell some of the "machine hoggers" "um can I do my 10 while you fiddle fart on your phone there".... Really, they are using the excuse of the weight room to text and husband and I are doing the whole room. Or they grunt and strain their reps and I use the machine and its set to 30 lbs! Hey young dude, my husband does that setting! Oh the woes of proper etiquette in a gym.
    I have forgiven the front desk ladies at the gym, when I found out the rules of the sauna. No I can't be nude, sitting on a towel in the sauna located IN the women's locker room. When I first heard that I was floored! Its in the women's only area, why do I have to cover? Oh that's why, someone might see my private areas! Sheesh! Its by the shower, which have changing stalls included. I bring a cotton swag to wrap myself in, and then I can cover if someone is in the sauna with me. 99% of all the women are completely covered with yoga pants, shirt, shoes, its disgusting! Yes let's marinate in our clothes shall we? Also your clothes get all heated up in a sauna emitting chemicals! I rinse off after I have exercised, then go in. Then I rinse off with a cold shower after the sauna. I take my time to coconut oil myself, knees and elbows. Plus I am a walking and talking advertisement to get over yourself already. Self love, acceptance and perfectly imperfect, that's ME!
    Ok my Navy son is having waaay too much fun making coffee for me! I have yet to have to make a pot of coffee since he's arrived! Today he put in a scoop more, so it was extra strong! Presently son is upstairs with his laptop, in our bedroom playing Dungeons and dragons online with husband.👍
    Tonight I am making fluffy tapioca pudding for dinner. I know so wrong, but so right!
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Had some time today for a change! Lol. We are the only hosts and the campground has been full every day! Plus rangers out, and no help from them. Seems like every time I go to the bathroom or sit to eat, someone is at the door asking questions or complaining about no campsite available! Lol. Still enjoying it though. Supposed get help the end of the month. The date keeps changing so we will see.

Gotta go help ranger collect self pay tubes now.

Laters!
    RV Rita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    back with the furbabies~ fed walked and pilled... cold and windy tonight , so all tucked in...
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Put weed and feed on the back yard and cleaned out the fire pit. The leaves are falling and it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday. DD and I will get the rubber mats back in the goat shed this evening and get them resettled. They are out in the dog run right now but they don't like rain, the little wooses. Taco soup for tonight and then choir. We have started working on our Christmas cantata.

Pip - Enjoy the new machine.

Rebecca - Sounds like you are having a good time with youngest son.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Machka - We get a lot of long weekends in Canada but I sure wish we had 12, one a month. Here in Alberta we have 9 now, we don't have one in March or April depending on when Easter is. June we don't have one and August is not recognized by a lot of businesses. One of the refineries here have one every month they have one that they call 12th day it is in June just so they have a stat.

Tracey in another sunny day in Edmonton

I was counting up all the holidays ... so Good Friday and Easter Monday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. :) I think there's 12 in total. But they are spaced better.

Jan - New Years
    Feb - Family
    March/April - Easter
    May - Victoria
    July 1 - Canada Day
    Aug - whatever that holiday is
    Sep - Labour Day
    Oct - Thankgiving
    Nov - Remembrance
    Dec - Christmas & Boxing Day

Here it's ...

Jan - New Years
    Jan - Australian Day
    Feb - Royal Hobart Regatta
    Mar - Labour Day
    March/April - Easter (usually 3 days off instead of the 2 I used to get in Canada)
    April - ANZAC Day
    June - Queen's Birthday
    long wait
    Oct - Royal Hobart Show Day
    Dec - Christmas & Boxing Day

And I remember that, at one time, there was a bit of a push to ensure there was a holiday in each month in Canada ... seems to me there was talk about having a holiday in early March especially when Easter was late. Or maybe that was just within the organisation I worked for.

But here, no one seems to care that there's nothing for 4 months in winter. Maybe everyone just goes to the mainland or the northern hemisphere for 2 or 3 weeks.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    ;
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Jake is concerned about driving until he has his cataract surgery so I drove him to three appointments today which sure ate up a lot of my day. The good news is that he'll soon have a reprieve from his weekly cancer treatments and he is sufficiently recovered from his cold to be cleared to have his cataract surgery so the day was a win. My walking friend will drive him to his infusion tomorrow so I can have the morning to go to line dance class and not have to interrupt it to drive him. I'll pick him up in the afternoon.

<3Felicia, I understand your frustration at having health issues in spite of your otherwise good health and healthy habits. I felt that way when diagnosed with high cholesterol even with healthy eating and healthy weight and later with osteoporosis in spite of healthy eating and exercise. Some things are just hereditary. I can blame my parents and grandparents but that didn't make me feel any better.

<3 Barbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was going to go to sleep ,but end up watching Bill Engvall,Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy..OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...now to see if I can go to sleep.now..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an advanced strength DVD today. I have to go for bloodwork tomorrow which means that I need to fast so I’ll probably just do a Leslie Sansone walking DVD. Fortunately, I can have water.

My sinuses are starting to act up so I took a Sudafed last night. Got an hour of sleep. This is nothing unusual

Newcomer board meeting this morning. Wonder what they’re going to say about the website? On the agenda (and please don’t ask me to explain this) is something about a “backup Treasurer”. Just what this backup person is supposed to do is beyond me. There’s already another person on the checking account. So what’s this backup person supposed to do? Update: still don't really know what the "backup Treasurer" is.

Had the Newcomer board meeting. The guy who is webmaster right now was there. He was talking about this thing where you get a map of where people are located. For one thing, we don’t know what we’re getting. The president and Adra were all excited about it. This is fine, but how does he think the information about where people are living will get on this map? Especially since the old directory is more up-to-date than the new one (the one he did). He said that I don’t have the ability to delete members from the directory. I’m sure he’s talking about the new one because for years I’ve deleted people from the old website. My understanding is that he wants to be done with the Newcomer website come December. Well, we don’t get renewals/unpaid households until April. So what is he planning to do? Is he going to take them off? This is ridiculous. I take the off the old website, the mail list, the spreadsheet and he’s going to take them off the new directory? And what happens if there’s a member who doesn’t renew and is not on the new directory? Ahhh…well…I’ll just continue to do what I have been doing. Hopefully, someone else will step up to do the website. I'd be willing to help.

Tracey – I’m sorry they don’t do BOGO offers by you.

SuebDew – congrats to your gs. Have you gotten out the blueprints for the ark yet? Have a good time in Disney World

Vicki – the only time I’ll ever drink Gatorade is when I’m getting my colonoscopy

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I have been thinking about you all day and hoping for a good outcome. Hopefully everything will smooth over and the negatives with your help become positive.

<3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Machka - it took me a long moment to realize why you wouldn’t have long weekends in the winter, lol! You could try to get them to celebrate Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day (US holidays)! I actually kind of doubt they’d go for that, though.

Oh, Barbara, AHMOD! I lost my beloved Basset, Sam, to chocolate poisoning. My stepmom didn’t know it was toxic and never called the vet after he ate a large Hershey bar. He suffered awfully, and the vet thought someone had poisoned him. She didn’t think of the chocolate at all.

Tracey (see? I remembered!), I’m moving to Canada forthwith. We have March, April, June and August with no 3-day weekends. And most businesses don’t give you Veterans Day off. Many don’t give Presidents’ Day either, so there’s February and October without as well. I think the Sunshine Coast in BC would do nicely!

SueBDew, maybe you should remove the “dew” part! You’re encouraging it!

Heather, I’m ashamed of how much “old” stuff is in my cupboard. I think that should go ahead of clothes sorting and donating.

Rebecca, I’ve never understood why in a women’s locker room so many act like our bodies contain some sort of secret from one another. I weigh 238 at the moment, and have a number of scars, to boot. If it doesn’t bother me, why should it bother them?

Felicia - Genes? Any family history of cholesterol. My DD (middle one) inherited bad cholesterol problems from my dad and her dad. I’ve never had trouble, but her doctor said her body manufactures too much. It has nothing to do with diet for her.

I had an “escaped cat” scare, but fortunately she came yelling to the inner door of the sleeping porch. I left the outer one open, hoping that’s what she’d do! I Utterly panic when she gets out a couple of times a year. And she’ll drive me nuts for weeks now trying to do it again! Little minx!

Sharon, AHMOC near Seattle.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lisa- I have been thinking about you all day and hoping for a good outcome. Hopefully everything will smooth over and the negatives with your help become positive.

<3

Thank you, Mary... what a lovely thing to say.

Love,
    Lisa (in El Paso for a week)