• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Vickie Zoom zoom!
    Heather, no little boys found living in the cupboard under the stairs?
    Lanette our husbands must be brothers from other fathers. Thank you SO much for understanding and sharing!
    Allie unasked for opinion, read if you will
    :astonished:preparing a pot roast for your ex and the gal he cheated with :noway: is taking Christian love and forgiveness too far. Keep the pot roast for yourself and your innocent DFIL and let them feed themselves.
    Mary in AZ and Lanette, what you said.
    Barbie and Kim ditto.
    Beth please let your MD know that stopping all meds reduced ankle swelling. Sounds like its time to adjust the Rxs.
    NYKaren please no yoghurt weighing pressure, didn't mean to be HEAVY ;)
    Machka THe Chronicles of Narnia. Ah! That's the ticket.
    Michelle, neither know I anything about lawn care. When Joe is generous with advice, I tend to let him do it all... then when he does nothing, I go ahead and do what I think is best :devil:
    Cindy from Ontario welcome! Lots of us here struggle with evening snacking.

OOPS where does the time go, gotta scoot into the shower or I'll be late for T'ai Chi.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 19/24, rx/vits 13.5/24, meditate 11/24, walk one more step 20/24, knee exercises 11/24, core 3/12, walk Tumble 3/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 16/24.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    well waiting to hear from person who is buying a wifi thermostat from me, then will stop back to my house to get coat, and sleeping bag, and bring more clothes home, meeting my girlfriend down at my place of employment she will be a new patient, then come home and feed and walk the dogs early and then go down to nursing home from 3:30-7 to help with trick or treating...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Ontario. I'm Cindy (age 59) and trying so hard to lose my last 20 pounds. I'm looking for an honest group of like minded people to help motivate and encourage me.
    I exercise, eat properly (most of the time) and generally take care of myself. I just have this nasty habit of snacking in the evenings.

So here it goes......
    Starting weight is 193.0 pounds / Goal weight for 2018 is 183.0 pounds (10lbs by Dec 31/18)
    Limit my evening snacking to 100-200 cals AND portion controlled. I will try to keep the snacks to a healthy variety, but chips & cookies are my weakness.

82432703.png

Welcome Cindy, we're glad you're here. I too am a late evening snacker and eating high carb snacks only makes you want more. Try having yogurt, low fat cheese stick or lower sugar fruit. Is is at all possible to remove the offending snacks from your home? High protein foods help you stay satisfied longer. I'll be 69 in just over a week and I've lost 35 pounds since the first of the year by cutting out carbs. Daily exercise is also very important.

Hang in there you can do this, you're in the right place for help!

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi all,
    Good night's sleep with the help of a Nytol. I needed it.
    Wrote three hundred words about my grandfather this morning. :D That'll be the last writing session before the move.
    Then I knew I had a hair appointment at 2.15, so it was a scramble to do a final sort out so we could drop the last bits off at the dump and the charity shop on the way. Did my wardrobe!!!!! Yay! And found Elizabeth, my china doll. I thought she was there, but I couldn't see her with all the shoes and boots in front. So glad she's back. She was my mother's doll and quite a bit older than that.
    Then a quick lunch and I tackled the toy cupboard where all the grandkids' stuff is. Made sense of that and threw away all the half finished sticker books.
    Had fun at the dump and donated some quite nice jewellery that I never wear to the charity shop, along with pots and cookery books.
    Then I had my hair trimmed and said a second goodbye to my lovely hairdresser, who I have had since I've been here and shared lots of births with. :bigsmile: A quick food shop then home to cook lamb stew.
    Now resting. DH is doing his driver's license etc address change. I will wait until we get there.

Now to email back my friend's husband to see if she is still alive. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    KJ: I’m with you on the government’s poor treatment of Native Americans. :grumble:

(((Lisa))) I’m glad that you are feeling a bit better. I agree with others that your interim CEO is clueless. :grumble:

Heather: We recycle our glass at the local recycle center. Oregon and British Columbia both have “Bottle Bills.” So do some other states. The consumer pays a fee for beverages that come in bottles, whether they are plastic, metal or glass. That fee is refunded when the bottle is recycled. We normally take our empty beverage cans and bottles to the local food bank. They redeem them for money to help those who are hungry. :flowerforyou: On another topic, I tracked down my best friend from junior high through high school for our 50th class reunion. She was the maid of honor at our wedding, and I hadn’t seen her since that day. We met for lunch once, and since then she’s had some bad things happen in her life. Her daughter was killed in a traffic accident. My friend had been in and out of a nursing facility due to health problems caused by her weight, and then was faced with her daughter’s loss. :cry:

Machka: Thanks for the history on ANZAC. :star:

CynthiaByrne: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Stop by often to give and get support. :flowerforyou:

Yoga today. I’m dressed and ready to go.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Meeting my friend at the dentist office....then home.to feed and walk the dogs and then onto the nursing home .. sold.my wifi thermostat and will.put that money aside foe Cape Cod next month.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Going to be a long day. I got less then 2 hours sleep and today is day 4 of 5 days. DD and DBIL have decided they are moving in together. I will just be glad to have them out of my house, but why can't they be honest and stop sneaky around. They are both only working part time. But like I told them they are adults and can figure it out, but we are done helping and there will be no moving back this time. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sure hope I am not getting the crud, but most of everything I have tried eating the last 3 days has not stayed down. I do think it is stress.

Heather--How interesting. I would e-mail just to find out. I got in contact with a friend from when I was in 1-3 grade several years ago. But it didn't last, she wasn't interested in being friends anymore.

Katie--family issues here too and I have to just distant myself. I am not keeping down what I eat and a part of me says maybe this is what it takes. I pray both of us find peace soon. I just want it out of my house at this point. I am so done trying to keep them from living on the street when all they can do is bad mouth us and sneak around and lie.

Allie--What a Blessing the house is almost done deal. I know saying good-bye is hard, but no one can take your memories.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Vicki- are you talking about your daughter and brother-in-law? Definitely is nice to have your house to yourself!

<3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Got my blood results back -- my kidney numbers haven't changed much, so that is good news. But neither did my cholesterol numbers. :-( Anyway. We are just going to let it all ride for another year. I will try to eat for a healthy heart and kidney, which does mean a few adjustments, but not major adjustments. I have recommitted myself to daily exercise, which because of work stress and subtle pressure from home to not be gone, I had let go. Hubby guilt trips me when I go to the gym without him, but he never wants to go, and on the rare occasion when he does go, he is finished in 20 minutes -- which does nothing for me.

I shared some of my worries and stress with my two older boys, and they each, jokingly, offered me one of their kidneys. Lol

I'm not completely comfortable with doing nothing right now, but the research I have done indicates that there really is nothing to be done at the stage where I may be. 15% of all Americans have some level of chronic kidney disease, and most of them just go about their lives. So I am going to try to relax, eat right, exercise, and take my vitamin D (which the doc suggested because I am low -- wrong time of year to be low, but whatever.)

Love you all.

And Allie -- DO NOT make them a roast. That is beyond the pale. Watching the dogs, I get that totally. That's not a lot different than divorced parents watching the kids while the other is away -- and to pay the person to do so would be weird. I am glad you got to spend some quality times with all of the pups together.

Rebecca -- happy to see you with your lovely boy.

Vicki -- I am also wondering about your DD and DBIL comment -- trying not to jump to conclusions over here.

Much love to everyone.

Felicia, in dark, gloomy
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    gb6oxf3s8zdh.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Lisa - and other introverts - ran across this a few minutes ago - reminded me of the good (?) old days at work, lol

https://introvertdear.com/news/stressful-work-situations-for-introverts-illustrated/

Lanette
    Soggy SW WA State
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say HAPPY WEEKEND LADIES!

I am reading, but still have company at the house and hubs got home last night so not a lot of time to respond individually. My apologies for not being supportive this past week or so. One more guest will arrive in about 1/2 an hour and 2 more tomorrow! A full house, I love it!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Felicia, how sweet that both boys are willing to give up a kidney!
    Allie, have to agree with others, look after dogs=yes, cook pot roast=no. They are adults and presumably quite capable of making their own dinner.
    Heather, can't stop smiling about you finally getting the move done!
    Lisa, happy that the rest of your meetings went well, but seriously, what is wrong with that interim CEO???
    Vicki, hoping things settle down for you soon.
    Rebecca, such a lovely photo of you and your baby boy, he really has matured a lot in looks since I first saw his pic about a year ago!
    Reading a book called "The Beck Diet Solution", it's been around for awhile, actually I'm re-reading it, hoping that more of it will "stick" this time. As I recall, she has some good ideas, it's all about not sabotaging yourself and retraining your brain to think like a thin person - you know, only eat when you're actually hungry, pass on the treats that you really don't like, that sort of thing. I think I might be in the right frame of mind to actually try this and follow it to it's logical (I hope!) conclusion. Attended an awards dinner last night as part of a work group, awesome food, boring speeches, but had a pleasant surprise in that my oldest was also in attendance! He was at a table where he knew no one and there were a couple of empty chairs at our table so he joined us. It was a great night, four organizations/businesses were represented at our table and we all won in our respective categories! It was a function put on by our local Chamber of Commerce, people vote for their favorite retailer, storage facility, sports team, golf course, grocery store, restaurants etc. There were 38 categories, fortunately speech giving by the winners was totally optional and many opted not to speak, thank heavens or the evening would have gone on WAY too long!
    Well, my fitbit says I need to do some moving, so bye for now!
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, another beautiful day in paradise!

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)