Best Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Live each day doing something special for your partner to make him or her feel loved without worrying about what it is you might or might not get in return.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    dont loose yurself.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Marriage is simply a give and take. You`d better give it to her or she`ll take it anyway :tongue:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My grandma used to say

'What's right is more important than who's right'

That being said she, she slept around a lot.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kiss her.........every single day.........and learn how to forgive

Smart man!
  • Corrugated154
    Corrugated154 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It took my fiance over ten years to figure this one out...if your partner is hurt by/feels bad about/gets upset over something you do (or don't do) and you don't understand why so you keep doing it (or not doing it)...and they keep hurting/feeling bad/get upset...quit doing it JUST BECAUSE YOU LOVE THEM. For the longest time, something would bother me that my fiance was doing or not doing and because HE didn't understand WHY it hurt/bothered me, he didn't feel motivated to change. Then one day, he realized, hey, I love this girl and I hate seeing her upset, so instead of continuing my behavior/actions, I'm going to quit/start this behavior/action, just to make her happy.

I told my therapist this years later and she said she was going to incorporate that in to her couple's counseling sessions!

Bottom line, do it or don't do it because just for the simple reason that you want to see your loved one happy and not hurting, that is the only and most important reason!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Don't argue.

Seriously.

My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years, together for a total of 17 and have never had an argument. EVER. Do we have disagreements? Sure. Does he do stuff that drives me batty and vice versa? Absolutely however we agree to disagree. It's not worth it to get mad over things like the dishes in the sink or the coffee that he leaves out on the counter. It just doesn't matter to me.

We also love and respect each other. He's my absolute best friend and I don't know what I would do with out him. We understand each other and actually prefer to do things together when it's just the two of us and we never get sick of it. We communicate with each other. If I'm annoyed or po'd about something I tell him and we talk about it and he does the same thing.

I also think that's why we don't argue. We communicate our feelings in a rational and adult way. Never once have we raised our voices at each other in an angry way. Life is too short to be mad at the one you love all the time.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Don't argue.

Seriously.

My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years, together for a total of 17 and have never had an argument. EVER. Do we have disagreements? Sure. Does he do stuff that drives me batty and vice versa? Absolutely however we agree to disagree. It's not worth it to get mad over things like the dishes in the sink or the coffee that he leaves out on the counter. It just doesn't matter to me.

We also love and respect each other. He's my absolute best friend and I don't know what I would do with out him. We understand each other and actually prefer to do things together when it's just the two of us and we never get sick of it. We communicate with each other. If I'm annoyed or po'd about something I tell him and we talk about it and he does the same thing.

I also think that's why we don't argue. We communicate our feelings in a rational and adult way. Never once have we raised our voices at each other in an angry way. Life is too short to be mad at the one you love all the time.

I've been with my fiance for 15 years and while I can't say NEVER argue...I say pick your arguments. Before our daugher, we fought all.the.time. After her, I honestly can't think of a "fight" we have had. We have bigger fish to fry now and are much more aware of what is important and what is a waste of our time. Once in awhile we might have a small tiff, or some slighty tepid words, but it isn't over some petty crap that really won't matter in the long run.

I do agree with you saying that you two tell each other when the other has angered or annoyed you. I do this with my fiance but he has a really hard time telling me. He feels really bad bringing something up so it tends to fester until I pry it out of him.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I can say that my husband and I have never had an argument. BUT....this is mainly because we do not speak to each other and bottle everything inside. This is NOT healthy. Some disagreements are bound to happen if you are speaking freely.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    As soon as someone starts yelling, everyone stops listening. Listen to your partner, respect them and be respected in return...
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will piss off someone but ..... don't get married too young..... huge mistake
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will piss off someone but ..... don't get married too young..... huge mistake

True..
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    Hot sex. Every.Single.Day.

that would be fantastic..... just sayin'
  • irNathaniel
    irNathaniel Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Talk and Listen.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Say what...Wow, people are weird.
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    best marrige advice, JUST DONT!!!
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    The other day I woke up in the morning, long after my partner had gone to work in the dark hours of the day. I put on a cup of coffee and went to weigh myself (as is my routine) and my scale wouldn't work. The digital display was glowing a bit, but it couldn't read it, so I flipped on the bathroom light to see what was going on

the display had been covered up by a piece of paper that read "PERFECT" (my profile picture now).

That is the cutest ****ing thing ever!
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Communicate....

If you can't communicate effectively then you may as well separate.... without communication you have got nothing, not even trust, because without communicating you can not possibly build the trust that all relationships should be built on xXx
  • Rochelle951
    Rochelle951 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Compromise

Because what YOU won't do, someone else will gladly step in and do it for you.