Replies

• skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Separate bank accounts
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    May all your ups and downs be under the sheets :)

I loved reading this thread this morning lol :)
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Make a commitment: There are times I am going to screw up and there are times you are going to drive me nuts, but I love you and I am in this for the long haul. Compromise and bring her coffee for no reason.

One important thing I found: 28 years of marriage.... Find her love language. There are 5 and if you find out what her language (How she feels love) is and keep her love tank filled. For a few years, I would buy her gifts and she would just say "That's nice" and I found out she feels love by me, getting her car washed, emptying the dishwasher, taking her car for maintenance (Service) make sure every day she gets coffee.

Time spent
    Service
    Touch
    Words of affirmation
    Gifts
    Find out your mates language and you got have got it made. Dr. Gary Chapman... 5 Love Languages.

This. We read this before we got married and I think it had a lot to do with the way we treat each other now. Form good habits early in the marriage like learning to fight fair, be considerate, learn the other person's love language, don't go to bed angry - for us, this doesn't mean solving the problem before bedtime, it means cool off and get yourself in a calm state of mind.
    Edit for clarification: sometimes my husband works late hours so if we get into a fight at night we are both too tired and cranky to come to any cohesive conclusion.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    1) Lambay Rules

2) Don;t get caught
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Some great advice here. I am divorced and hoping to marry my current boyfriend in the next few years. I say trust and intimacy are most important. I like the post about love languages. So true!
  • bombshellinprogress
    bombshellinprogress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of pineapple juice.

Does that really work?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Happy Wife = Happy Life
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Laugh together
    Have fun together both in and out of bed
    Be each others best friend
  • thebigcb
    Options

Does that really work?

Whats this?
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Listen, Dont Speak.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Does that really work?

NO, it absolutely does not.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Kiss her.........every single day.........and learn how to forgive

Yes! Kiss her.....every single day. Good one!
  • highervibes
    Options
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth

And this benefits the woman...how?

Well I don't know about you, but I ususally get some action in return but I don't mind giving no strings attached (that they can see anyways lol) *kitten*. Try giving your guy road head the next time you've had too much wine at dinner then you'll have your answer dear :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    If both partys would put each other first, then there would be a wonderful marriage. I always tell couples to do The Love Dare.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    separate bathrooms...

^^ THIS!!!!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Well, according to the leading marriage expert, your positive to negative interaction ratio needs to be 5:1 -- which totally makes sense. And my favorite definition of love EVER is from Brene Brown:

We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection.

Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves.

Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare.”
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth

Well I don't know about you, but I ususally get some action in return but I don't mind giving no strings attached (that they can see anyways lol) *kitten*. Try giving your guy road head the next time you've had too much wine at dinner then you'll have your answer dear :flowerforyou:

Marry me?
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    My dear sweet grandmother of 90 years says there are 3 C's to a long, happy marriage

Communication: always keep it open and honest
    Compromise: you can't have everything your way
    Cuddling: a simple act of PDA that is frequent during dating but the one most people forget about after marriage when their lives start to get busy.
  • highervibes
    Options
    My dear sweet grandmother of 90 years says there are 3 C's to a long, happy marriage

Communication: always keep it open and honest
    Compromise: you can't have everything your way
    Cuddling: a simple act of PDA that is frequent during dating but the one most people forget about after marriage when their lives start to get busy.

I thought it was carat, cut and clarity. This explains a lot lol
  • highervibes
    Options

Just so much truth

Marry me?

LOL