Best Marriage Advice

Replies

• KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Keep your fights clean and your sex dirty.

***THIS*** :wink:
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Sometimes you have to lose a battle in order to win the war.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Never solicit for anyone else's advice, all it does it make you realize what you DON'T have regardless of whether it's good for you or not.

Remember that everyone is different, everyone has different thresholds of what's ok and what's not.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER look or understand what other people "have". You will always bring that home and create resentment with it.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Keep your fights clean and your sex dirty.

I was going to say this! Love it!
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Listen! And be honest and open about everything!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Remember that no single moment in your life is more important than your marriage. Hold your tongue. Think about it. Let it go.
  • I find that communication is key. Both partners need to keep the channels of communication clear. This way both will better understand each other and will know what needs to be addressed right away. This means spending TIME together.

Patricktheonly1
    www.getmarriageadvice.net
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Never stop trying to win the love of your spouse. Marriage takes work. Don't get complacent. Try to woo your love with the same intensity as when you first fell in love.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    separate bathrooms...

*HI FIVE* Personally, I think getting a maid solves a lot of marital stress ;)

As long as she's not hotter than the wife lol
  • LOl. That is a funny one.

Patricktheonly1
    getmarriageadvice.net
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    When your spouse is making you crazy and you don't know whether to laugh or cry . . . laugh. Because your stupid **** is just as annoying.
  • Learn two phrases:

Yes Dear

You're Right

And don't sound even the slightest bit sarcastic when you say them.

He uses both lines on me when im tieing him to the bed post, our safe word is "i love you."
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Don't ever be afraid to share your thoughts, no matter how wrong or hurtful they might be. If you can't be that honest with each other you will develop secrets/grudges/jealousy/issues over time, and no secret is free...not now or ever. There is always some cost at some point.

Don't be afraid to grow in different directions, or be afraid to give someone room to grow.

I truly believe in keeping bodily functions to yourself. Leave some mystery in the relationship.

Always look at what you have, not what you don't. The grass is never greener on the other side. It is just different grass.

Stay healthy for each other and remain a positive influence for them, and for yourself.

Health is the greatest gift.
    Contentment is the greatest wealth.
    Faithfulness the best relationship.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.
  • Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Stay friends, but continue to have your own life.

This. I get really annoyed when partners live in each others pockets.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Don't let the sun go down on your anger: Settle any real fight before you go to sleep.

I'm sorry, I disagree. This is some of the worst marriage advice out there. Sometimes, when it's 11pm and you're both exhausted, hashing it out when you're so tired you can't think straight, let alone come to an agreement, and both parties get progressively angrier and more frustrated, it's best to just sleep on it and deal with it in the morning.

Every single fight I've had with my husband that we went to bed angry, we both woke up better, not even remembering why were got so mad in the first place. Then we'd both just apologize, kiss, and move on.

So ABSOLUTELY go to bed angry! Sometimes it's the best way to just get it out of your system.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Sometimes you have to lose a battle in order to win the war.

It sucks that you view marriage as "winning" and "losing". That's sad. Even when you're fighting, when you love someone, that's always a win.
  • Treat your spouse like you don't deserve them so you're doing everything you can to keep them.

<3 This!
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    I'm not terribly good at marriage.

But maybe...

Be as honest with each other as possible, specifically over money and personal issues.