Best Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to lose a battle in order to win the war.

It sucks that you view marriage as "winning" and "losing". That's sad. Even when you're fighting, when you love someone, that's always a win.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Treat your spouse like you don't deserve them so you're doing everything you can to keep them.

<3 This!
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm not terribly good at marriage.

But maybe...

Be as honest with each other as possible, specifically over money and personal issues.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I agree with being honest and communication.. Also, try to keep it interesting in the bedroom.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of pineapple juice.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Stay friends no matter what. Drink wine.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    run now before its too late
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sex
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    run now before its too late

Bwahahaha
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Don't let the sun go down on your anger: Settle any real fight before you go to sleep.

Also, make date-nights a regular occurance. Otherwise, once life gets in the way, the romance is lost.

not going to bed angry is terrible advice... sleeping on it makes everything easier to deal with, if the "fight" even really matters to begin with.... its easy to get caught up in the moment... taking a step back and realizing it won't matter in 5 years or even the morning is way better than staying up all night arguing (no sleep, crabby, bad for work next day...causes then resentment...go to sleep)

AGREE!

I've been married for almost 16 years, and occasionally, the fight sticks and one of us sleeps in the guest room. It's ok. The next morning, in the light of day, when the bliss of sleep has calmed us down, we talk it through.

So, my advice, sometimes it's OK to go to bed angry. My advice would be to never let a fight last more than a day. Find your way through it. Talk to each other. Tell your partner he's being an a****le or she's being a b***h. Be honest.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Get into fights. Make up sex rocks!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    yup it's ending
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure how to give advice on this. My husband and I listen to each other, we support each other, we are affectionate emotionally and physically. We make each other laugh (even in the middle of an "argument"). When we are alone together, we are naked. Anytime he sees me naked he smiles and touches me. We apologize when needed. We respect each other.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    The one piece of advice that has worked amazingly well for me is "don't ever get married". :drinker:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Best advice? Live apart for the 1st 10 years lol. Now past out 17th anniversary & never knew time could fly that fast.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth

And this benefits the woman...how?
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don`t marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without, but whatever you do, you`ll regret it later :wink:
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don`t marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without, but whatever you do, you`ll regret it later :wink:

ambrose_bierce_love_a_temporary_insanity_curable_mousepad-rb63e205027da012f1a4000ffb0cb9003_x74vi_8byvr_512.jpg
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    you can be happy or right... pick one..

23yrs..