Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Hump day

Options

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Camel-Giraffe-60628.jpg

Wtf is that?? A giramel?? She’s really got the hump eh 😬

Isn't everything better in giraffe form? :#
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    We can't do anything about the racoons. We have squirrels and skunks too. But the racoons are the worst. They get in the garbage bins and something sadly don't get out. Makes garbage day always an adventure

Do you not have lids on your garbage bins? We have racoons, but I've never seen them get in the garbage cans. I actually only ever see them peeking out of the sewers.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    We can't do anything about the racoons. We have squirrels and skunks too. But the racoons are the worst. They get in the garbage bins and something sadly don't get out. Makes garbage day always an adventure

Do you not have lids on your garbage bins? We have racoons, but I've never seen them get in the garbage cans. I actually only ever see them peeking out of the sewers.

We do have lids. They know how to open them. We got the fancy organic waste bins and the experts say it's inky a matter of time until they figure them out. We've claw marks inside the bin from where they've clawed to try to get out. If there's not enifh garbage in them they are trapped
  • PaperDoll_
    Options

We do have lids. They know how to open them. We got the fancy organic waste bins and the experts say it's inky a matter of time until they figure them out. We've claw marks inside the bin from where they've clawed to try to get out. If there's not enifh garbage in them they are trapped

Oh wow. I didn't know they could open lids. I'm going to start checking my garbage cans now.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Oh wow. I didn't know they could open lids. I'm going to start checking my garbage cans now.

I only check cause once our housekeeper came running in terrified saying something was in the bin. The city told me I had to figure out if it's dead it alive. I was like and if it is terrified and bites me? Luckily we know a wildlife person who said knock it over and it'll run away. We'll according to Unice and my son the racoon was the biggest they've ever seen. Haha. I've had one in there since and knocked it over and sadly one I didn't know about until it was too late and garbage day. I had wondered why out bin smelled so badly
  • PaperDoll_
    Options

I only check cause once our housekeeper came running in terrified saying something was in the bin. The city told me I had to figure out if it's dead it alive. I was like and if it is terrified and bites me? Luckily we know a wildlife person who said knock it over and it'll run away. We'll according to Unice and my son the racoon was the biggest they've ever seen. Haha. I've had one in there since and knocked it over and sadly one I didn't know about until it was too late and garbage day. I had wondered why out bin smelled so badly

That is terrible and kind of scary to think you could open your garbage can and one be in there. I've never seen any get in mine, but I know they're around here. Maybe they don't like my garbage? lol
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I think we have more racoons than people here so maybe it's just here. Haha we've had to evict a couple from our shed from time to time. They claw holes to Get in and out
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    I think we have more deer around here than anything else.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    They can be really nasty too if they get scared or if they have young. Since we live on a lake, I had a beaver come and chew through my Japanese maple and take it away. Next time I planted one, it was far from the water.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    They cause their own damage. And ate scarier if you hit one in your car
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    I've been very lucky to never hit one, but I've come close a few times. They just come out of nowhere.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    My husband hit one years ago. Almost totalled his car.
    They're so beautiful though. Last year at a relatives cottage a family walked past. It was amazing
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Do you drive a lot at night? I live out here in the woods, and I've never seen one during the day, but have seen them at night. Years ago, when I lived in VA, we had two babies that came up on our decks and hid behind the flower pots.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    I've seen them in the daytime as well. It's a lot less common though. I saw a baby one standing on the side of the road one day at 4PM. I wondered if something happened to its mother because it was all alone. Normally if I see a deer, there's more around somewhere.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I've always heard that when you see them in the daylight that they are probably rabid, but I don't think that applies to the babies. It hurts my heart to think its mother might have been killed.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Don't they usually come out around dusk? We don't really have many deer here in the city. Foxes apparently and last year I think a moose was on the loose just north of the city. Poor lost moose
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    I see most of them at night or very early in the morning on my drive to work when it's still dark out. I also see them more in the winter than any other time of year.

I have never seen a moose before though!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    We have loose and bears way up north but sometimes they wander a bit south.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    We have deer but no Moose. I'd love to see a moose. We don't have skunks here, for which I am entirely grateful.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Skunks are actually adorable as babies and quite beautiful as grown ups. But ya stinky