12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, today I ate a big dinner and then four cookies. And I feel pretty good about it.
    For two weeks I've been at about 1200 calories, and tracking absolutely everything, which is real progress for me. :) Tomorrow I'm back to no cookies. The main thing is I need to eat more veggies, I've been really good about this until recently. Off to the grocery store tomorrow for coffee and greens.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    CW (10/22/18): 151
    CGW: 140
    Ultimate goal weight: 130

Week 3 challenges:
    1. Log all foods on here
    2. 10000 steps 5 or more days this week
    3. Drink at least 84 oz water every day
    4. Stay on program LIIFT4
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, I read your posts last night before bed and I'm seeing some great weight loss! I also love how you are becoming more aware of what you are doing. It's the only way to learn and change bad habits. I heard on a podcast this morning how if there's something you don't want to do count down from 5 and see if that little distraction helps. It's a trick from the 5-second rule book. I currently have it on hold at the library, but will be awhile before I get it. Must be popular! Anyhow I'll try it when I crave something and see if it helps :)

OK...super busy day at work today but I'll try to check in later. Again, I am so proud of all of you! You are my inspiration!!!

• Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good job to all those that have lost weight this week, and a hang in there, for those that slipped up a bit. We can do this.

This is my week two results.
    SW: 168
    CW: 165
    GW by end of year: 150 lbs

Goals last week:
    Log all food and stay within allotted amount. - I did good until the weekend, when I went off track
    Exercise 6 days a week at least 45 min - did not exercise all 6 days, however, on days I did, I put in 1 to 1.5 hours, so overall for the week, did pretty good.

Goals this week:
    Log all food, even if I go over allotment
    Exercises 6 days a week, at least 45 minutes a day.
  • cathy196051
    cathy196051 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    All time high weight Aug. 2018 - 167 lbs

Weight goals:
    March 17, 2019 - 135 lbs
    Feb. 4 2019 - 140 lbs
    Dec. 31, 2018 - 148 lbs

October 17 - 158 lbs. This weeks goal - log all food
    October 23 - 156 lbs. This week's goal - log all food. Track water intake
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Forgot to weigh today, but have been up all week. Last week saw a time of trying to get this together with a better plan to have more success. Looking to still lose each week.

Week 2 goals:

1. start over with a plan for 11 hour work days that end at 8 pm. Client eats a ton of junk--a lot of my triggers--chocolate, diet soda, chocolate ice cream, McDonald's fish sandwiches..... Usually all in one day. I bring my own food, but she offers everything and questions why i eat the way that I do?? Why does she eat the way she does, lol?? Anyways she has many health problems as a result of this diet etc. Diet soda and pastries or donuts, or waffles with choc. ice cream or sugar cereal for breakfast. That is just breakfast. Def confirms what we know to be true. Anyways I now have a plan for treats for myself that hopefully won't be the result of what kills me. I bring very healthy homemade shakes for lunch and dinner. I eat a big healthy breakfast so I am full. When I take her to eat out I will get coffee. I can have a 1/2 piece of dark chocolate with walnuts (usually have almonds--but the walnuts will make it a treat) that I will bring. I need to bring an apple cut up with peanut butter as liquid shakes with a ton of blended ingredients still is liquid and not highly filling. Save out a couple hundred calories at the end if can in case she insists I eat 1/2 her french fries that I like (this week we ate in the car and I threw 1/2 of what I took out the window discreetly--resulting in eating about 5--YAY). Also will have warm strawberry applesauce as my treat once home. The flavor will change over time, but need that or a different fruit since it is late to eat/veggies or pure protein.

2. Day off can have pizza or pasta as long as stay in calorie limit and have a healthy plan for the day.

3. do some exercise each day--even if a leisure walk. This is all outside of yard work.

4. drink water 12-16 cups daily--16 ultimate goal with the green tea and coffee I drink

5. up calorie net to 1400 or real close, but 1300 still ok.

6. try to make sure do what can to sleep better as have been

Might not need to add much else to these goals or new ones, but continued tweeking probably as have been working on these for awhile.

Success for everyone!!! Let's keep going!!!

LAST WEEK PROGRESS AND CHANGES FOR WEEK 3:
    I have made some progress on each goal. My weight is up .2 overall. This week's goal will be to cut out fruit except for day off. I will change to eat protein or non-starchy veggies in the evening if still have unmanageable hunger. Also I must walk first thing or it will probably not happen after an hour and a half of yard work most days. Work has been overall more manageable, except afterward I want to stress eat. One 11 hour day I was able to cut the hours down. That should help. The other 11 hour day, I am trying to change the day. I was happy that I am learning how to eat more, but still be at a deficit after so much manual labor in the fall. First time ever. Ate no french fries this week at client's. Could b better with the candy bowl that is open for a lot of the 11 hours. Maybe I will put some darker chocolate in there. Why not?? I add to the toilet paper supply since I drink a lot of water and tea, lol, so I can do better chocolate. Some serious stress in personal life, so I really need to focus on this walk being early and daily. Calorie range will have to be 1400-1500. I am just overeating about every 3 days and lightheaded the days not overeating a lot.

Happy New Week to Us!!!
  • fittnessing64
    fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @Terry111330 Nice job on those losses! I'm sure you'll reach your goal weight by the end of the year with your progress so far :smiley:

Was feeling pretty exhausted yesterday so I had a rest day and did two workouts today to make up for it.
    Progress: 2/10 workouts, 1/5 strength.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    CW: 166 lbs 24/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Week 1: (8-14th Oct) SW 165 lbs EW 161.5 lbs Lost 3.5 lbs was on fruit and milk diet mainly. No work out.
    Week 2: (15-21st Oct) SW 161.5 EW 166 lbs, Gained 4.5 lbs, Dined out a lot.

Plan Week 3:(22-28th Oct) SW 166 lbs, EW
    1.To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks! Low sodium food.
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail

Today I walked 9 km/ and did weightlifting for 45 minutes.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    iLadyT wrote: »
    Hey I wanna play!

My goal is to lose 18lbs by the end of the year, 6lbs a month is doable right!

CW- 195

Goal for week 1: If I eat it I have to log it

So I forgot to post here. Week one was awesome, I finished at 192.8, Week two not so much. I forgot to log my food and didn't track my weight. I am starting this week at 202 lbs as of today, it was higher sadly yesterday but we not gonna talk about that!! I am ashamed of this and hoping most of it is water weight as I feel super bloated. Hopefully I can pee off 5-10 lbs :/ im disappointed in myself and didn't even want to write this, but hopefully this is how I can hold myself accountable. I can still lose those 18lbs right? well 28 now :(

So from this day on out- I will weigh in weekly on Tuesday mornings. I will meal prep for the week, and I will log all my foods! And im going to remember this disappointing feeling any time I notice myself slipping.

Weigh In:
    WK 1: 195
    WK 2: (10/13) 192.8
    WK 3: (10/23) - 202
    WK 4: (10/30)
    WK 5: (11/6)
    WK 6: (11/13)
    WK 7: (11/20)
    WK 8: (11/27)
    WK 9: (12/4 HBD to me!)
    WK 10: (12/11)
    WK 11: (12/18)
    WK 12: (12/25)
    WK 13: (1/1/19) - GOAL - 177; ACTUAL -TBD :)

Don't be disheartened, brush it off and just keep going!! You will reach your goals!! My first week was great and I lost some but couldn't sustain it in second week. Too many festivities and dine out and I logged my food but it was way over. But since last year I have been going on like this, climbing, slipping then climbing again, this mountain is slippery for sure but not invincible. I Have made progress, come so far and I will reach on the top eventually, so will you as long as you keep going on! Good luck! :blush:
  • carlsoda
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    Hey I wanna play!

My goal is to lose 18lbs by the end of the year, 6lbs a month is doable right!

CW- 195

Goal for week 1: If I eat it I have to log it

So I forgot to post here. Week one was awesome, I finished at 192.8, Week two not so much. I forgot to log my food and didn't track my weight. I am starting this week at 202 lbs as of today, it was higher sadly yesterday but we not gonna talk about that!! I am ashamed of this and hoping most of it is water weight as I feel super bloated. Hopefully I can pee off 5-10 lbs :/ im disappointed in myself and didn't even want to write this, but hopefully this is how I can hold myself accountable. I can still lose those 18lbs right? well 28 now :(

So from this day on out- I will weigh in weekly on Tuesday mornings. I will meal prep for the week, and I will log all my foods! And im going to remember this disappointing feeling any time I notice myself slipping.

Weigh In:
    WK 1: 195
    WK 2: (10/13) 192.8
    WK 3: (10/23) - 202
    WK 4: (10/30)
    WK 5: (11/6)
    WK 6: (11/13)
    WK 7: (11/20)
    WK 8: (11/27)
    WK 9: (12/4 HBD to me!)
    WK 10: (12/11)
    WK 11: (12/18)
    WK 12: (12/25)
    WK 13: (1/1/19) - GOAL - 177; ACTUAL -TBD :)

Don't be disheartened, brush it off and just keep going!! You will reach your goals!! My first week was great and I lost some but couldn't sustain it in second week. Too many festivities and dine out and I logged my food but it was way over. But since last year I have been going on like this, climbing, slipping then climbing again, this mountain is slippery for sure but not invincible. I Have made progress, come so far and I will reach on the top eventually, so will you as long as you keep going on! Good luck! :blush:

and remember weight loss is never linear...we'll have our ups and downs but hopefully more downs than ups! I haven't been the greatest this week so I know my weight might be up on Monday. But you know it's ok. I am doing my best and I'm also dealing with sinus stuff. Be kind to yourself...that's the number 1 rule here. You deserve to treat yourself well!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    CW: 166 lbs 24/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Week 1: (8-14th Oct) SW 165 lbs EW 161.5 lbs Lost 3.5 lbs was on fruit and milk diet mainly. No work out.
    Week 2: (15-21st Oct) SW 161.5 EW 166 lbs, Gained 4.5 lbs, Dined out a lot.

Plan Week 3:(22-28th Oct) SW 166 lbs, EW
    1.To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks! Low sodium food.
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail

Today I walked 9 km/ and did weightlifting for 45 minutes.

Amazing exercise today! Great job.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!!

Overall, yesterday wasn't too bad. I overate but I also managed to get in 11,000 steps and 60 minutes yoga. My last yoga class! Now it's 15 - 20 minutes every day/5 days a week. I've learned so many new things with the yoga classes I have taken, fun new moves that will be good for my body! I want to increase my shoulder/arm strength and work on my core. I have a very bad back (bulged disk in my lumbar region) since 2013 and I've lost all the muscle gain I made from lifting weights prior. I'd like to get some back as well as work on my core to keep my back strong and protected!

Anyhow...back to work! I hope today is amazing for all of you!!!

• michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can I still join this challenge even though I'm a little late?
  • fittnessing64
    fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @michellelagle I just joined a few days ago, I think everyone's still welcome to! There's still plenty of weeks left in the year, after all.

I forgot to add the workouts I completed earlier in the week to my first progress update, so I'll add them now. One kickboxing and one strength workout on Monday, plus another strength one today.

Progress: 5/10 workouts, 3/5 strength.

Keep it up everyone! The week's almost over!
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    check in:

SW:220ish
    CW: 218.2
    GW: 165
    Challenge Goal Weight: 205

I've started on October 9, I weighed 220, so i'm down 1.8lbs in 2 weeks, I was hoping to lose just over a pound a week, so I'm not far off from that. I've meal-prepped for 2 weeks in a row and I think it's really helping me control what I eat. I wasn't as diligent about my water intake this week. Next week I go on a week long stay to visit my niece and help her with her chemo treatments and her new baby. I'm anticipating a fair amount of stress, so I'm going to have to be mindful of what I eat and not go overboard.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I was traveling and then became sick and missed this week's check in this past Monday. I will check in again next Monday. It has been a challenging week and my weight is higher than I want it to be but I am working to be back on track. Focusing on the basics starting with sleep and getting healthy again.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
    Michele