12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Can I still join this challenge even though I'm a little late?

absolutely!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    check in:

SW:220ish
    CW: 218.2
    GW: 165
    Challenge Goal Weight: 205

I've started on October 9, I weighed 220, so i'm down 1.8lbs in 2 weeks, I was hoping to lose just over a pound a week, so I'm not far off from that. I've meal-prepped for 2 weeks in a row and I think it's really helping me control what I eat. I wasn't as diligent about my water intake this week. Next week I go on a week long stay to visit my niece and help her with her chemo treatments and her new baby. I'm anticipating a fair amount of stress, so I'm going to have to be mindful of what I eat and not go overboard.

Great weight loss...any loss is a win in my book! Good luck next week and best wishes to your niece. Poor thing!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    I was traveling and then became sick and missed this week's check in this past Monday. I will check in again next Monday. It has been a challenging week and my weight is higher than I want it to be but I am working to be back on track. Focusing on the basics starting with sleep and getting healthy again.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
    Michele

One day at a time!! You'll get there!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being weird food wise. I forgot my grandkids were coming over for dinner, so we had healthy chicken nuggets but I did have some tater tots which I never eat. They actually taste pretty good! I did buy them some Annie's Organic Chocolate Chip cookies and had a few - the kids loved them. They are not used to sweets so it's fun to give them a little treat once in a while.

Tomorrow is the baby shower and I'm looking for a low carb cheesecake recipe I can whip together super fast for me and the hubs. Everyone else will be having sugar cookies with blue frosting and cheesecake with blueberry pie filling. I really don't want to be tempted, so I want to make something else for me.

Sunday will be another busy day so if I'm MIA - it's only because I'm off living life and enjoying it :)

What are you planning to do this weekend to try and stay on plan?
  • cathy196051
    cathy196051 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in - 157 lbs, no change from monday
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Wow this week went so much better than last week . It was a good reminder to move on from bad days and not to let them deter me from my goal 💕 This weekend I plan on going grocery shopping and finding high protein foods since I’m struggling to meet my protein goal everyday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Yesterday ended up being weird food wise. I forgot my grandkids were coming over for dinner, so we had healthy chicken nuggets but I did have some tater tots which I never eat. They actually taste pretty good! I did buy them some Annie's Organic Chocolate Chip cookies and had a few - the kids loved them. They are not used to sweets so it's fun to give them a little treat once in a while.

Tomorrow is the baby shower and I'm looking for a low carb cheesecake recipe I can whip together super fast for me and the hubs. Everyone else will be having sugar cookies with blue frosting and cheesecake with blueberry pie filling. I really don't want to be tempted, so I want to make something else for me.

Sunday will be another busy day so if I'm MIA - it's only because I'm off living life and enjoying it :)

Sounds great! Let us know what recipe you use if you do the cheesecake??

AS far as the weekend--one day I work and that actually makes it easier until after. The other day off we may get snow and sleet, so I am making healthy cookies maybe. I did buy a healthy snack for a treat if I don't make them. Got my vanilla and chocolate protein powders. I will be good, I hope. I will be raking if the weather holds off. If I go out I will get a healthy lunch with daughter and see if I can buy the crochet tank top yarn and supplies to keep busy for fun in a non-food way. I have a good book, too.

Happy Weekend everyone!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »

Sounds great! Let us know what recipe you use if you do the cheesecake??

AS far as the weekend--one day I work and that actually makes it easier until after. The other day off we may get snow and sleet, so I am making healthy cookies maybe. I did buy a healthy snack for a treat if I don't make them. Got my vanilla and chocolate protein powders. I will be good, I hope. I will be raking if the weather holds off. If I go out I will get a healthy lunch with daughter and see if I can buy the crochet tank top yarn and supplies to keep busy for fun in a non-food way. I have a good book, too.

Happy Weekend everyone!!

Great plans! I forgot I started a scarf and it’s just sitting there - I will need to get going again! Hope you don’t get any snow!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Today is the big party! My house is full of party food - please pray for me 😂 I am going to make a pumpkin cheesecake mousse for me and the hubs since it’s low carb. I have Costco cheesecake and cookies for everyone else! While doing food prep I will try to get some steps in too - need to hit my 10,000 steps!

Enough about me...what is everyone’s plans for the weekend and your strategies to stay on plan?
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've stayed within my calorie goals and exercised all week, till yesterday. I had my first 2000 calorie day in months. I exercised in the morning so that helps, but then I had a doctor appointment that left me sore and upset. (Don't worry, I'm fine, normal lady stuff really.) And afterwards, I couldn't resist the Halloween candy one more second. Add a calming glass of wine and, earlier in the day, a celebratory treat at work for passing an inspection. It all added up.
    My other issue is staying within my macros. That fat macro has been oversized pretty regularly. So, now I'm not sure what my weigh-in will bring. Sigh.
  • salleewins
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Today is the big party! My house is full of party food - please pray for me 😂 I am going to make a pumpkin cheesecake mousse for me and the hubs since it’s low carb. I have Costco cheesecake and cookies for everyone else! While doing food prep I will try to get some steps in too - need to hit my 10,000 steps!

Enough about me...what is everyone’s plans for the weekend and your strategies to stay on plan?

Praying!! You will do it!!
  • salleewins
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I've stayed within my calorie goals and exercised all week, till yesterday. I had my first 2000 calorie day in months. I exercised in the morning so that helps, but then I had a doctor appointment that left me sore and upset. (Don't worry, I'm fine, normal lady stuff really.) And afterwards, I couldn't resist the Halloween candy one more second. Add a calming glass of wine and, earlier in the day, a celebratory treat at work for passing an inspection. It all added up.
    My other issue is staying within my macros. That fat macro has been oversized pretty regularly. So, now I'm not sure what my weigh-in will bring. Sigh.

I actually went over calories one day to see what would happen. It seemed to help me lose among other things. So it actually may be in your favor. Hop back on the wagon quick, drink a lot of water and wait a day or so? Let us know what happens. https://johnfawkes.com/the-five-reason-your-weight-loss-stalls-out His article talks about cheat days and that is why I tried it. I ate chocolate kisses, regular cookies and an Amy's burrito but I also followed my plan completely before it, including a rest day off from exercise.
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Salleewins,
    I read that article. Liked it. Hopefully it proves true tomorrow when I weigh-in. ;)
  • fittnessing64
    fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My period hit hard and I was stuck in bed for a few days, no exercise and a lot of bloating! Here are my week 3 results:

Chest- 95.5 (+1.5 cm)
    Waist- 80 (+5 cm :#)
    Hips- 94 (+3 cm)
    Thighs- 63 (-1 cm)
    Arms- 30 (-1 cm)

I'd say I lost in all the places of my body where I don't bloat. ;) Bonus victory: this was my first week logging what I eat and I averaged a net 1250 calories over the week, not too shabby I think.

Week 4 goal: Get 200 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity.

Good luck this week everyone! I'm reading everyone's updates and you all are doing great, including those experiencing setbacks!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Morning all! Yesterday’s party was a success - everyone had fun and I sent all the left overs with my son - he went home with m&m’s and cheesecake. Looking back I really didn’t do bad for a party, yes I had some m&m’s and some corn chips but honestly compared to the past I did SO good and I had a bite of cheesecake. So whatever damage I did is minimal! So happy!!

Today is the book signing and presentation with Melissa Hartwig - pretty excited to meet her in person!

Hope you all have a great Sunday! Make it count!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    SW- challenge: 185.00
    GW- challenge: 175.00 (mostly Oct-Nov)
    CW: 180.5

10/08/18: 185.0
    10/15/18: 183.0
    10/22/18: 183.5
    10/28/18 180.5.....down 4.5 total ,,,,,woot!
    (scale only measures half pounds)

This weeks goal: Stay to plan. No alcohol. Watch food 5-6 days. Exercise 5-6 days. Working so far so just stick with it :)

• carlsoda
    Options
    butters1 wrote: »
    SW- challenge: 185.00
    GW- challenge: 175.00 (mostly Oct-Nov)
    CW: 180.5

10/08/18: 185.0
    10/15/18: 183.0
    10/22/18: 183.5
    10/28/18 180.5.....down 4.5 total ,,,,,woot!
    (scale only measures half pounds)

This weeks goal: Stay to plan. No alcohol. Watch food 5-6 days. Exercise 5-6 days. Working so far so just stick with it :)

Awesome job!!!!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 3 Weight In!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)
    10/29/18: 155.6 (oops - hoping it's just water weight)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:

Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Besides all the challenges above I'm still stuggling to do, this week I am giving up dairy. I am beginning to wonder if dairy is bothering me...we shall see :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Reminder to weight in everyone! It's yet another Monday!! :) and post what you would like to work on. I have a long list of things to work on (hehe)

This weekend went pretty good for having a party and all and I'm still so proud of myself for not going overboard with fall the treats! Just enough to enjoy myself but not feel sick (like the past!)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And just to motivate you....there are:

days left until the end of the year!!

No more playing around...let's get busy and do this thing!!!!

• jacquelinej67
    jacquelinej67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting challenge weight (10/8): 164
    10/15: 164
    10/22: 159.8
    10/29: 161.6
    Goal challenge weight: 152

I figured I would have a gain this week since last week was a big loss. And the fact that I ate at a Chinese buffet yesterday was a guarantee. I didn’t let it derail the rest of the day like it has in the past so I’ll take that as progress.

I got my 10,000 steps in each day and I’m planning on doing that again this week.
    My tracking for the weekend wasn’t horrible but the buffet had me guessing.

This week, 10,000 steps, track everything and I’m going to make sure I get 2 servings of vegetables daily.