12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Tracking everything that looks like food.
    Week 1 CW - 163.8
    12 Oct - 162.8 :)

Fantastic loss congratulations!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    nancym30 wrote: »
    so I'm averaging 1200 calories / day eating healthy -- lots of veggies, very little junk, lots of water, usually taking in 60-70 g carbs, 80-90 g protein, 50-60 g fat. I'm 61, 5'4"..... hoping to lose 1 pound week. I'm not that active but am planning to add 30 minutes brisk walking most days. Am eating within a 9 hour window each day. Any thoughts? Key goal right now is planning and tracking food as a consistent daily habit. three days strong!

I'd say if it's working for you keep it up! Everyone will be different and our challenge is finding what works! Once your weight loss starts to slow, I would definitely increase your exercise. Great job Nancy!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    CW: 165 lbs 8/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Plan Week 1:
    1. To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks!
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail.
    3. Report every day here.

11/10/18 Calories under, Walk 30 min. Water 3 Ltr. Going on a fruit, dairy and no salt diet for 7 days.

10/10/18 Calories under, Walk 1 hour. Water 3 Ltr.

9/10/18 calories under, thanks to exercise, walk 30 minutes, cleaning house 30 minutes. Water 3 Ltr.

8/10/18 calories under. Walked and did some winter cleaning, 30+40 minutes.
    Water: 3 Ltr.

Your doing great!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    honolulu6 wrote: »
    Can I join? I know I'm late but would like to be in with all of you on this adventure :smiley:

Of course you can!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Quote to embrace today:

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey

How's your attitude with the upcoming weekend? Are you feeling strong and on top of the world? I am formulating plans in my head on how to deal with hunger and boredom and what I shall eat. It always helps to have a plan!!

Yesterday was another great day with almost 15,000 steps! No loss on the scale yet, but hopefully something by Monday morning :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    BTW...no quotes over the weekend. My iPad and MFP don't like each other very much :) Luckily I can check in, but it crashes a lot.
  • jacquelinej67
    jacquelinej67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This week has been good, I’ve tracked everything. Now comes the hard part, the weekend. I’ve lost every month this year, two of the months it was 1lb. I know if I did this 7 days a week instead 4 or 5 I would have better results. Thanks for the challenge i thinks it’s just the push I needed.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CSW:165.2
    CW: 166.4
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08

Drink my water oz T, F
    Reduce the junk carbs T, F
    No LNS T, W, F
    10k steps T, W, F
    Workout 5 days T,

Quite eye opening.. I can see why my weight is yo-yo-ing!
  • ericac30
    ericac30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    New to the forum, and a few days late. Hope that is ok!
    Sick of starting over.
    October 12th weight: 156
    Height: 5’6”
    Goal Weight By December 31st: 138
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130

Starting tomorrow, I want to religiously track my foods, and find ways to deal with the cravings when they pop. I need to find another outlet for my stress eating.
    I also want to workout 5 days

I will post again on Monday. Have a great weekend.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    ericac30 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    New to the forum, and a few days late. Hope that is ok!
    Sick of starting over.
    October 12th weight: 156
    Height: 5’6”
    Goal Weight By December 31st: 138
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130

Starting tomorrow, I want to religiously track my foods, and find ways to deal with the cravings when they pop. I need to find another outlet for my stress eating.
    I also want to workout 5 days

I will post again on Monday. Have a great weekend.

This is similar to me! I have been working on and incorporating diversions for a long time. I find if I exercise most days even a fun walk--less apt to stress eat. You will find what works. 5 days sounds like a great goal.

Well my challenge is to sleep at this point and stop the caffeine at 2 pm like I used to. I need a quick protein powder that in not chocolate. Some work days are 12 hours and it is hard to eat on the job. Don't want the caffeine in chocolate later in the day. This lack of sleep is throwing off everything.
  • cpe814
    cpe814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all. New to the forum as well. A few days late. Hope that’s ok.
    Starting weight:200
    Goal weight: 140 (long way to go)
    Week goal: not sure. Maybe a poind a week
    I have been back and forth with so many apps and diets but I think this one might stick with your help. Super excited to be here
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!! Well it’s the weekend and we need to stay diligent - make new habits for weekends and it can start today! Maybe even pre- track so you know where you stand? Yesterday was another low carb day (finally 5 in a row!!) and I will continue today and tomorrow!! What is your plans for the weekend to stay consistent?
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Success: I'm down five pounds since starting this challenge last week. Very happy and relieved as I'd been climbing slowly but steadily for several months. Thank you to everyone for being in the challenge, I find your postings very helpful and encouraging. I'm new to MFP and am enjoying tracking my food and exercise, I hope this lasts :) I had a good brisk walk after dinner yesterday, first one in a looong time, and enjoyed how I felt during and after. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in here because I've hit a plateau. I've been tracking my meals on MFP for 140 days in a row. I'm much more conscious of what I can and cannot eat, and it's resulted in a loss of about a pound a week. I've relaxed a bit though, gotten comfortable, eaten a treat here and there, been lazy instead of going for a walk. So, I've been the same weight for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I don't want to see the same #. As soon as I post this I'm putting on my tennis shoes and walking. H: 5'5", W: 153, Age: 38, Goal: 145 before the year ends.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    CW: 165 lbs 8/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Plan Week 1:
    1. To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks!
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail.
    3. Report every day here.

12/10/18 Calories under, Walk 30 minutes. Water 3 Ltr. Not much energetic today. I am down to 163 lbs today. I think it's water weight. Still happy to see the change! :)

11/10/18 Calories under, Walk 30 min. Water 3 Ltr. Going on a fruit, dairy and no salt diet for 7 days.

10/10/18 Calories under, Walk 1 hour. Water 3 Ltr.

9/10/18 calories under, thanks to exercise, walk 30 minutes, cleaning house 30 minutes. Water 3 Ltr.

8/10/18 calories under. Walked and did some winter cleaning, 30+40 minutes.
    Water: 3 Ltr.
  • someblondegirl
    someblondegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 211LBS
    Current Weight: 207LBS
    Goal Weight: 189.9LBS

My goals:
    Week 1: Track every single piece of food that goes into my body (SUCCESS!)
    Week 2: Stay hydrated and drink at least 1 cup of water for every unsweetened/nonwater drink that I have. (IN PROGRESS)
    Week 3: Do 10 squats every single morning.
    Week 4: Meditate for 10 minutes daily.
    Week 5:
    Week 6:
    Week 7:
    Week 8:
    Week 9:
    Week 10:
    Week 11:
    Week 12:

*I only planned a couple weeks ahead on purpose. These goals may change as I do. Nothing set in stone until the week starts. ;-)
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,289 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    New too...looking forward to this challenge!!

CW (10/12/18): 152.4
    CGW: 140
    Ultimate goal weight: 130

Week 2 challenges:
    1. Log all foods on here
    2. 10000 steps 5 or more days this week
    3. Drink at least 84 oz water every day
    4. Stay on program LIIFT4
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CSW:165.2
    CW: 168.2
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08

Drink my water oz T, F, S
    Reduce the junk carbs T, F, S
    No LNS T, W, F, S
    10k steps T, W, F
    Workout 5 days T,
  • pettigrew21
    pettigrew21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here.
    CW: 135
    GW: 127

Resist eating my kids snacks at night. Trying to avoid buying a new wardrobe because I no longer fit in my current one.