12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :) Thanks for starting this challenge.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CW: 165 lbs 8/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Plan Week 1: 165 lbs
    1. To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks!
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail.
    3. Report every day here.

10/10/18 Calories under, Walk 1 hour. Water 3 Ltr.

9/10/18 calories under, thanks to exercise, walk 30 minutes, cleaning house 30 minutes. Water 3 Ltr.

8/10/18 calories under. Walked and did some winter cleaning, 30+40 minutes.
    Water: 3 Ltr.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • countrycreek
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CW: 165.2
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08

Drink my water oz T
    Reduce the junk carbs T
    No LNS T
    10k steps T
    Workout 5 days T

*@carlsoda Great Attitude.. Thanks for the challenge!
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! (Better late than never, right? :smile:) My weight hasn't dropped in about two weeks and it'd be really nice to see some improvement on the scale (or tape measure, clothing fit) soon before I get too discouraged.

SW: 204 lbs
    GW: 190
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    nancym30 wrote: »
    Thanks Carlsoda for starting this challenge, and the inspirational quote! You completely rock!! I'm off to a great start on this challenge.
    For substituting behaviours, i.e. walk instead of eat, a good one for me is to quickly clean / dejunk or do a small garden job, even just for a few minutes. Or have a cup of tea.
    I'm reading a great book and its helping: The Diet Trap Solution. Its not a food plan at all. It teaches cognitive behaviour therapy -- how to be clear on your WHY, identify your challenges / sabotaging thoughts, reframe them into more accurate / useful thoughts (called reminders), and build your strategies for those challenges. Example: "I'm starving to death, I have to eat whatever is in front of me!" reminder: "I'm hardly starving to death. I feel hunger, and I can handle that. I'll have healthy food soon enough." etc etc. The book is filled with real life scenarios that I can relate to. And I've made myself little reminder / strategy cards that I can carry and review often.
    So easy to slip! Just as easy to be on track (coz then I don't feel bad).
    best to everyone.

Found the audio book at my library - downloading now! I'll start it when I finish my "habit" book :) Thanks!!!
  • KareninLux
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tracking everything that looks like food.
    Week 1 CW - 163.8
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today's quote:

“Remember, you become what you think. Think discouraging thoughts, and you’ll get discouraged.” – Joyce Meyer

If you are anything like me, your already thinking about the weekend and how we can get through it. A lot of our issues starts right in our brain. Stay positive, think optimistic thoughts...we can have a good healthy weekend. And if you need a treat, a glass of wine - it's ok. Just keep it to one. Live in moderation!

Yesterday was another good day. Higher in calories then I like, but carbs were good 41.5 grams. Today I'm mixing things up and had a lower carb breakfast. I want to have spaghetti tonight, oh course with spaghetti squash :) but it's still higher in carbs then I am used to!

How is everyone else doing??
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This week has been pretty good so far. Tuesday and Wednesday I achieved good calorie deficits due to high cardio sessions. Today I'm feeling a little sore so I've taken a much lighter gym class. But back in the saddle (literally) tomorrow with a pre booked Spinning class. My food choices have been ok but today I'm feeling hungry so I need to up my protein.
  • countrycreek
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CSW:165.2
    TCW: 166.4
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08

Drink my water oz T, -
    Reduce the junk carbs T, -
    No LNS T, W
    10k steps T, W
    Workout 5 days T, -

Yesterday was a ho-hum day, letting my sorrows get to me. Choosing to make today better.

*Have a good day everyone!

• nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so I'm averaging 1200 calories / day eating healthy -- lots of veggies, very little junk, lots of water, usually taking in 60-70 g carbs, 80-90 g protein, 50-60 g fat. I'm 61, 5'4"..... hoping to lose 1 pound week. I'm not that active but am planning to add 30 minutes brisk walking most days. Am eating within a 9 hour window each day. Any thoughts? Key goal right now is planning and tracking food as a consistent daily habit. three days strong!
  • honolulu6
    honolulu6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I know I'm late but would like to be in with all of you on this adventure :smiley:
  • honolulu6
    Options
    I want to exercise three times a week and stretch two times a week! :blush:
  • honolulu6
    Options
    Sorry! One more post LOL
    CW: 174
    GW: 155
  • honolulu6
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Happy Day 1 Friends! Quote to start our challenge:

3 MONTHS FROM NOW, YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF!!

Today is all about change and improving ourselves. I have been sitting at this same weight for far too long and have just not been consistent at all. Since I started this challenge, I need to be a good role model and not screw up (hehe!!)

I also started a new book which I hope might help or give me some insight: "The Powder of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. I know a lot of my choices are from very poor habits. For instance at work when I'm bored or under stress I will run downstairs to our little shop and buy peanut m&m's to get through that "feeling" once or twice a week. How can that even help with stress or boredom or weight loss.

So ultimately my goal is to get back into a healthy BMI on December 31st. This means I need to get though Thanksgiving and Christmas without over doing it too. That means I need to plan for events and situations - how can I get through them and how can I change my reaction to things. Lots of mental work here hehehe

Anyhow....here we go!!! We can do this!!!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    1. Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    2. Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to get more consistent with it

Ready...set...let's do this!!! :smiley:

One day at a time :)
  • honolulu6
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Wow, our group suddenly became busy over night! Awesome!!

Yesterday was very good for me - carbs were at net 34 grams. Today will be similar as long as I stay away from the peanut m&m's and I will!! I've up'd my protein a bit to help with hunger. Yesterday I also got in 12,000 steps and I'll try to repeat it again today!

Let's all have a great Tuesday!!!

nice!
  • honolulu6
    Options
    Good going!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    CW: 165 lbs 8/10/18
    GW: 155 lbs by 12 weeks, I lose slowly.
    UGW: 145 lbs A healthy BMI zone.

Plan Week 1:
    1. To keep my calories under every day. No cheat meals,no cheat snacks!
    2. Work out 1 hour daily without fail.
    3. Report every day here.

11/10/18 Calories under, Walk 30 min. Water 3 Ltr. Going on a fruit, dairy and no salt diet for 7 days.

10/10/18 Calories under, Walk 1 hour. Water 3 Ltr.

9/10/18 calories under, thanks to exercise, walk 30 minutes, cleaning house 30 minutes. Water 3 Ltr.

8/10/18 calories under. Walked and did some winter cleaning, 30+40 minutes.
    Water: 3 Ltr.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Tracking everything that looks like food.
    Week 1 CW - 163.8
    12 Oct - 162.8 :)