What was your “reason” for gaining the weight?

Options

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the horror!

I moved to another country, started a fulltime degree in theoretical physics at the age of 34 and quit 20 years of heavy smoking all almost at the same time.

Gained 30lbs in the span of a year which got me to the overweight borderline. I think at least 5 of them were from homemade chocolate mousse! I used to eat a whole salad bowl of it in one go! Did that several times but it never occured to me at the time that I might gain because I've always been slim!

Lost them almost entirely but took me 3 years of logging as I'm doing it very slowly.

When I had my son 18 years ago I didn't gain anything (other than the baby's weight and waters). I was 20 at the time. Literally no gain or loss and at the time I had no idea how much I was eating. Never had to watch my food before.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I was just lazy and liked to eat.

This.
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Other priorities--I joined a singing group and most of the ladies were overweight. Monitoring calories wasn't a priority.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I first put on extra weight because I got pregnant and thought I therefore had no limit how much i could eat, and I really like eating. Particularly, high calorie food and sweets.
    I never lost that pregnant belly as I aged. As I got older, being a reasonably short (5'3") female, past 40, and sedentary, my metabolism/calories for maintenance are much lower than I imagined they would be (food labels say the daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so I assumed that was a "normal" adult amount, and thats what I should aim for, although I didnt really count them) and it just kept piling on. When i got REALLY big, i decided "weight was just a number" mostly because, again, I like eating, but not "health food" and didnt want to give that up. One day, I finally had enough and landed here. (Thats the short version) :)