What was your “reason” for gaining the weight?

Options

Replies

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Gave up smoking and gained 30 kilos in a year. Because I ate all the foods. Because I LOVE the taste of food.

I was very slim prior without trying, so it's taken a while to educate myself on counting delicious points. I don't want to lose the full 30 kilos.

Basically I'm going to lose until I'm comfortable in NZ size 10, whatever weight that is. I was down 16 but gained 6 this year after not getting back on track after a holiday. Am getting back on track now.
  • Burton_Bmc
    Burton_Bmc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My previous wife, she was a hell of a chef. At the moment following Keto, and my GF seems to be a good Keto chef. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    Moving house + fairly serious illness or injury usually does it for me.

Moving house by itself isn't bad.

Illness or injury aren't too bad on their own.

But put the two things within about 6 months of each other ... and there's weight gain.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always had big hips but at the end of this past spring I didn't have a flat stomach for the first time in years--I had fallen and was in pain for a couple of months from a tailbone injury I got in the fall. So I gained 15 pounds. I've now lost that 15 pounds but it feels good and i want to keep losing and not be overweight.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    I gained weight because I ate whatever I wanted most of my life and wasn't active. Then after pregnancy I put on about 20 or so lbs and kept eating like I was pregnant after so put on another 30 lbs. Then I gained a lot on medications even after I wanted to change for some reason the meds made me want to eat everything and I put on over 100 lbs.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    First go around: Went on an insulin pump. Blood sugar control improved (yay), but because I was terrified of carbs, because carbs = insulin, and I was afraid that more insulin would make me fat (hi, eating disorder), I snacked on pepperoni and provolone and other cheese All The Damn Time.

I really like cheese. I didn't track *any* of it. If I was hungry, I'd grab more cheese. We're talking easily 4 oz in a sitting.

Gained 10 pounds. Vowed I would never let that happen again.

Second go around: Was at a weight that I liked, but my endocrinologist thought was on the low side. New endocrinologist botched my thyroid management. Gained 13 pounds over eight months. Now I see a new endocrinologist for thyroid (and a separate one for diabetes), and the weight is slowly coming off, as expected, now that the damn water weight is coming off. I'm two pounds away from my first mini goal, and at this rate, should hit my original weight by early January.

Cheese is sooooooo gooooooood!