• onedownchic
    onedownchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don’t use oils in cooking. I scramble eggs with pam or boil them
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I don’t use oils in cooking. I scramble eggs with pam or boil them

Pam has calories. It's oil. So 9 calories per gram. I have found it equals about 1 gram/second of spray.
  • onedownchic
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Put the package on scale? It’s frozen. Ok I will do.

In that situation, I put the whole lot on the scale, then record the weight. Once I have eaten the food I put packaging back on the scale and deduct this from the first weight.

Ok got it. Thanks Lilly ❤️
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lol yes. I meticulously try to measure everything. I don’t like too much syrup so yes just a tablespoon sweetened enough for me. I will start weighing everything and use grams from here on out. I’m grateful to you all!!! ❤️♥️😘🙏🏾

Let us know how it goes.
  • onedownchic
    Options
    Thanks Charlie!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Couple of observations:
    Lots and lots of 'cups' and 'pieces' and 'meals' you are absolutely underestimating your calorie intake with many of them. And you appear to be adjusting the amount logged to round numbers out. A couple of examples
    - Glory's - Field Peas and Snaps, 0.17 cup - how did you measure 0.17 cups? That's an oddly specific measurement and appears to be so that the calories rounded to 40.
    - Sticky Rice. 0.5 cup. Depending on how packed down the cup was, if it was cooked or uncooked this could be a huge difference. You've logged it as 85 calories. This could easily be closer to 350 calories
    - Sweet potato pie. 74.38 grams. Again oddly specific and seems to be logged to round calories to 275 rather than reflect the actual weight/calories you've consumed.
    - 2 Pancakes (4" dia) - you've logged as 147 calories. 2 pancakes can easily come to 350-400 calories

Time for a reality check.
    - Start logging accurately. No more fudging the amounts to suit the calories you want to show. All your logging is perfectly round numbers if you're logging accurately this shouldn't be the case
    - Start weighing everything. Even stuff that's packaged. Don't log '2 slices of bread'. Weigh them and log the actual weight.
    - Start using grams. Oz can lead to inaccuracy the difference between 4oz and 4.5oz can be significant.
    - Start logging EVERYTHING. On day you logged 'Salmon' did you eat that salmon raw and completely alone? As there's no cooking oils or condiments or anything. If you use it log it.

^ This is excellent advice. I couldn't have put it better myself! Start tracking everything perfectly and see how much of a difference that make to your calorie intake. Let us know how you get on :grin:
  • onedownchic
    Options
    What’s Woo?