Under 1000 calories

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3" and maintain at 1000. Everyone on MFP freaks out but us short girls don't need that many calories to be honest. I just don't post about it anymore because I get so much hate.

How?
    I’m 5’3” and even at my lowest weight at sedentary-lightly active (I lift 3x weekly, plus housework), I maintained at 1800.....

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3" and maintain at 1000. Everyone on MFP freaks out but us short girls don't need that many calories to be honest. I just don't post about it anymore because I get so much hate.

First off, 5'3" isn't short.

Second, to counter your data point, I'm 5'4", and maintain at 2100-2300. I assure you that that inch does not magically equal 1100 to 1300 calories.

Maybe if you do absolutely nothing and you literally sleep all day and have no muscle mass, you maintain at 1000, but without seeing your logs, or your stats, it's impossible to say.
  • onedownchic
    onedownchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

How?
    I’m 5’3” and even at my lowest weight at sedentary-lightly active (I lift 3x weekly, plus housework), I maintained at 1800.....

Second that huh...

I’m 5’3” and maintain on 2800ish

I'm 5'3", 67 years old and weigh 105 lbs. Even my sedentary maintenance calorie goal is 1230. With even moderate activity I maintain at 1600-1800. And my metabolism is just average, not fast or slow. I definitely believe you're undercounting your calories.

How?

Second that huh...

I'm 5'3", 67 years old and weigh 105 lbs. Even my sedentary maintenance calorie goal is 1230. With even moderate activity I maintain at 1600-1800. And my metabolism is just average, not fast or slow. I definitely believe you're undercounting your calories.

How?

Second that huh...

How?

Second that huh...

• onedownchic
    onedownchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Second, to counter your data point, I'm 5'4", and maintain at 2100-2300. I assure you that that inch does not magically equal 1100 to 1300 calories.

Maybe if you do absolutely nothing and you literally sleep all day and have no muscle mass, you maintain at 1000, but without seeing your logs, or your stats, it's impossible to say.