Mean girls

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I wore “business casual” clothes to work today instead of my hospital scrubs which are waaaaaay too big for me now.
    I got a lot of mixed reactions. Some people were normal about it like “oh hey, you look great!” but there were a few girls that treated me differently. I couldn’t figure out why it seemed like they were upset with me until I saw one of them looking me up and down.
    Looks like I’ll be going back to being the bag lady in my over-sized scrubs. I can’t deal with people treating me so weird. Ugh. I’m still me, dammit :(
    Have others experienced similar things? I really didn’t anticipate the girls at work to go sideways on me.

When I was little my cousin and a friend of the family cut off their big bushy hippie hair and this freaked me out so much I didn't speak to them for months.

Sure, some of the reaction you got could have been jealousy, but some could have just been due to you looking radically different.

This also happens to people I just know from the beach "I almost didn't recognize you with clothes on." :lol:
  • baconbutt1996
    baconbutt1996 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hun, you did *not* put in all this effort to let other people's spite dictate what you wear. They'll learn to get over themselves soon enough. You do you, and love every moment of it.