Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My initial impression: 1200 calories for 6 months would make me homicidal, and that's a heckuva lot of protein. Don't feel like you have to use anybody else's idea of what the 'right' macro split is. Cover your minimums for fat and protein and fill the rest however you want. I eat moderately high fat (nowhere near keto levels, just compared to most), keep protein between 20 and 25%, and don't let my carbs get below 100g/day, otherwise I get grumpy(er).

HOMICIDE, GENOCIDE, FRATRICIDE, HERBICIDE! 1200 cals a day and you train! Pinup, I am with you, I would kill a motherlicker! I also mean I eat high protein 30%, but 45%? I mean I know why they told you this, but I bet you uhhhh...well... drop proverbial boulders! Eat how you wish! Weigh measure as people have suggested. Heck, i have been a rigid food tracker for 2 years now, and I am still updating foods list. It takes time and effort. That's just losing it, now the challenge for most of us... keeping it off!

@psychod787 Yes, well, I've seen your food diary :laugh: And I eat a lot closer to 1200 than you! As I've gotten closer to goal, I find myself cycling more often through diet breaks. It seems to give me a bit more 'oomph' to make it through the deficit weeks. But 1200? Only by accident or if I'm sick!
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    i just joined body on demand and they figure your daily caloric intake differently than I had experienced before..so now im eating more but eating properly (with portion control cups that measure how much fat. protein, carb etc) and now im starting to lose. yes I feel 1200 cals a day kept me stuck for over a year.

I love body on demand's calorie calculation!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Chelle8070 wrote: »
    Well quick update... trainer was not a prick today and was way more attentive than usual! I’m still going back to the other guy though.

4.1lbs and 1.4% body fat down from last month! So despite his a-holery, I’m doing something well.

I can’t thank you all enough for your tips and words of encouragement today. It truly lifted my spirits. ❤️

Good job on the loss.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Well quick update... trainer was not a prick today and was way more attentive than usual! I’m still going back to the other guy though.

4.1lbs and 1.4% body fat down from last month! So despite his a-holery, I’m doing something well.

I can’t thank you all enough for your tips and words of encouragement today. It truly lifted my spirits. ❤️

Nice!! You're obviously doing something right :smile:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    My initial impression: 1200 calories for 6 months would make me homicidal, and that's a heckuva lot of protein. Don't feel like you have to use anybody else's idea of what the 'right' macro split is. Cover your minimums for fat and protein and fill the rest however you want. I eat moderately high fat (nowhere near keto levels, just compared to most), keep protein between 20 and 25%, and don't let my carbs get below 100g/day, otherwise I get grumpy(er).

HOMICIDE, GENOCIDE, FRATRICIDE, HERBICIDE! 1200 cals a day and you train! Pinup, I am with you, I would kill a motherlicker! I also mean I eat high protein 30%, but 45%? I mean I know why they told you this, but I bet you uhhhh...well... drop proverbial boulders! Eat how you wish! Weigh measure as people have suggested. Heck, i have been a rigid food tracker for 2 years now, and I am still updating foods list. It takes time and effort. That's just losing it, now the challenge for most of us... keeping it off!

@psychod787 Yes, well, I've seen your food diary :laugh: And I eat a lot closer to 1200 than you! As I've gotten closer to goal, I find myself cycling more often through diet breaks. It seems to give me a bit more 'oomph' to make it through the deficit weeks. But 1200? Only by accident or if I'm sick!

((Hugs)) I would share, but you know... I like my food too much!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Good job on the loss! You've already been given all the advice I'd give you, so I'll just add this post for encouragement. Hang in there!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    3 things
    First,are you using a food scale?
    Second, consider the foods that you are eating and ask yourself if they are satisfying foods? I encourage protein and fiber.
    Last, if you seriously can’t handle it, have 1 day per week that you eat at maintenance (1700 calories based on the number you are giving)

Bonus question, do you eat your workout calories? If I am hungry for more food I will do a workout and eat back those calories.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's all good LOL

I did learn yesterday morning that the one flavor of protein shake, that "1 scoop" that I was using, is 11g higher than the package states, but the other flavor was 4g lower. Minor, but I'm weight as much as I can!

I found some things hard to find that had that green checkmart AND the option of 1g or 100g as a unit - but I'll work on it!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you don't NEED to use green checkmark items...they just mean that enough users have said yes - not that its necessarily correct

best bet for vegetables is to use USDA as a search modifier
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Chelle,

As long as you are making any sort of progress you should be excited and happy. I did 1200 calories at 6' and 280 lbs for 3 months, and it was extremely difficult. Some days, it was impossible. Still, I set a goal and am making progress.

My suggestion. See what it would take to lose at a slower rate (i.e. if you are at 2 lbs/week, try setting it to 1.5 or 1 lb). Set that as your upper limit. Go for the goal of 1200 if you really want to, but don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day (or 2 or 3) and need to go to the higher number. Not everyone loses at the same rate. The tool provides averages. Some weeks I lose nothing. Others I lose 2-3 lbs. But in the long term, once you reach your goal and switch to maintenance, think how easy it will be.

Best of luck to you.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ok. Looked at the diary. You seem fairly active. Let me ask the question. Why did you chose 1200?

Also, i noticed that you aren't using your "earned" calories for exersize fully. Perhaps you do need to go a little higher
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    It's all good LOL

I did learn yesterday morning that the one flavor of protein shake, that "1 scoop" that I was using, is 11g higher than the package states, but the other flavor was 4g lower. Minor, but I'm weight as much as I can!

I found some things hard to find that had that green checkmart AND the option of 1g or 100g as a unit - but I'll work on it!

Be sure to check the quantity drop-down: There are a bunch of valid entries (maybe things from MFP start-up? dunno) that show 1C as the quantity when you just do a search (even some whacky cases like grapes or eggs), but when you click the drop-down arrow on the quantity field, there's a long list of choices.

For example, "Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average" (which has a green check) shows "1 cup cherry tomatoes" as the serving size. Click the drop down, and you get 21 (!) different serving size options, including various inch sizes of whole tomatoes, 100g, 1 oz, pounds or kg, slices, chopped, ml, etc.
  • krisleve7707
    krisleve7707 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    IMO you are not eating enough. I'm 5'6" and weigh 162. I eat 1400 calories per day AND eat back most if not all of my exercise calories. So totaling between 1700-1800 cals per day. I'm only doing a walking program right now but I get in at least 10,000 steps a day. Most of those are within an hour. I've been steadily losing 1.5 pounds per week for the past 8 weeks.