Pizza Hut All You Can Eat (pizza buffet) calories?

Options
124»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    amy19355 wrote: »
    Just came back. :-)

https://imgur.com/a/R7C1A1j

It is an, "All You Can Eat", but you actually get to order - for myself, I have got two medium pizzas; classic (ham and mushrooms) and pepperoni lovers (double pepperoni) - each one was signature pan (the only choice) and about 11 inches (28 centimeters) in the diameter, and pretty thick as well (more dough than ingredients).

Everything is in chronological order - 2 salads, then pizza, repeat. Also one ice cream at the end (3 scoops).

Are my calories approx. correct - 5K calories? :-)

Cheers!

Was nice - fresh and delicious. Although I prefer sushi and Russian buffet more (for same money) - paid 10 Euros today, including unlimited salads and one drink.

Do I correctly understand that you are reporting back that your All-You-Can-Eat-Pizza-Hut-Buffet experience resulted in you eating a 5000 calorie meal? Five Thousand Calories?
    Tell me I misunderstood. please.

Hey. :-) I am actually trying to confirm the value - do you mean that it is too low or too high? I am hoping that I ate less.

I think they're surprised by how many calories you're estimating you ate. Sometimes people can be surprised by how how high certain restaurant meals or large meals for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas can actually be.

I have always enjoyed the holiday threads where some of our resident lifters post their numbers. I look forward to seeing their "achievements."

Which is completely acceptable apparently... yet people are giving kitten to OP for a pile of pizza...
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

It is an, "All You Can Eat", but you actually get to order - for myself, I have got two medium pizzas; classic (ham and mushrooms) and pepperoni lovers (double pepperoni) - each one was signature pan (the only choice) and about 11 inches (28 centimeters) in the diameter, and pretty thick as well (more dough than ingredients).

Everything is in chronological order - 2 salads, then pizza, repeat. Also one ice cream at the end (3 scoops).

Cheers!

Was nice - fresh and delicious. Although I prefer sushi and Russian buffet more (for same money) - paid 10 Euros today, including unlimited salads and one drink.

Do I correctly understand that you are reporting back that your All-You-Can-Eat-Pizza-Hut-Buffet experience resulted in you eating a 5000 calorie meal? Five Thousand Calories?

Hey. :-) I am actually trying to confirm the value - do you mean that it is too low or too high? I am hoping that I ate less.

I think they're surprised by how many calories you're estimating you ate. Sometimes people can be surprised by how how high certain restaurant meals or large meals for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas can actually be.

I have always enjoyed the holiday threads where some of our resident lifters post their numbers. I look forward to seeing their "achievements."

Which is completely acceptable apparently... yet people are giving kitten to OP for a pile of pizza...

Personally, I hope it was thoroughly enjoyed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Cheers!

Personally, I hope it was thoroughly enjoyed.

I agree, i love pizza hut buffet lunch!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Cheers!

The last time I went home for Christmas, I think I estimated around 4,500 calories for the day. And I'm not even a lifter! :p

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Cheers!

People actually take the time to estimate their holiday calories?? LOL that just takes the fun out of it.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Cheers!

No judgment from me! I find this thread interesting and think it's great that OP is figuring out a way of eating that includes occasions or events that they still want to indulge in. It might look different than what I would choose, but that's what keeps the world interesting.
  • kami3006
    Options

Cheers!

The last time I went home for Christmas, I think I estimated around 4,500 calories for the day. And I'm not even a lifter! :p

And this is why you're so loved around here!

(yes, plenty of folks lifers and non, men and ladies give their all as well. I should acknowledge them too. My mind immediately goes to a couple of the men who where hitting 6000+. But that doesn't take away from the rest. I usually just come in right at maintenance. meh )

Commence the countdown.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

Cheers!

People actually take the time to estimate their holiday calories?? LOL that just takes the fun out of it.

I'm a logging NERD, I actually get a kick out of estimating.

(I totally support people skipping holiday logging if it isn't enjoyable for them).
  • kami3006
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

Cheers!

A lot of the guys with the higher numbers were those who don't usually log regularly. They just take the time on holidays to see what they hit.
  • janejellyroll
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Appreciate all the positive commentary and a constructive dialogue.

Not to take any fun away from this but rather to add - for the last couple of weeks I visit such places about every five days. What I have noticed is that I seem to be eating more and more each time. Luckily, I have a BMI of 19, so it is not that unhealthy. My main concern here is pizza really that high in calories? Honestly, I did not feel that full after that meal immediately, as I always do after a sushi/Slavic buffet.

Pizza is like a lot of foods -- it can be higher calorie or lower calorie, depending on how it is made. And, in some cases, a restaurant version can be higher in calories than what we might make at home.

Pizza, in and of itself, isn't going to be healthy or unhealthy for you. The issue would be if it was crowding out other things that you need (and you'll know that better than us) or if it starts to impact your weight negatively (and right now it seems as if it isn't).

I would consider pizza to be a perfectly valid food to have regularly for a meal. With any food, you just want to make sure the portions are appropriately sized for your calorie goals.

(I personally would be concerned if I was visiting someplace regularly and eating more and more each time. That would be a concern for ME, I'm not saying it should automatically be one for you).
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pizza Hut do a flatbread range under 550cals which are really nice and just enough for a lunch.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Not to take any fun away from this but rather to add - for the last couple of weeks I visit such places about every five days. What I have noticed is that I seem to be eating more and more each time. Luckily, I have a BMI of 19, so it is not that unhealthy. My main concern here is pizza really that high in calories? Honestly, I did not feel that full after that meal immediately, as I always do after a sushi/Slavic buffet.

Pizza is like a lot of foods -- it can be higher calorie or lower calorie, depending on how it is made. And, in some cases, a restaurant version can be higher in calories than what we might make at home.

Pizza, in and of itself, isn't going to be healthy or unhealthy for you. The issue would be if it was crowding out other things that you need (and you'll know that better than us) or if it starts to impact your weight negatively (and right now it seems as if it isn't).

I would consider pizza to be a perfectly valid food to have regularly for a meal. With any food, you just want to make sure the portions are appropriately sized for your calorie goals.

(I personally would be concerned if I was visiting someplace regularly and eating more and more each time. That would be a concern for ME, I'm not saying it should automatically be one for you).

True - it can be high or low calories: thin crust will have less calories but weight-wise (and therefore volume?) it seems to be the same, meaning that if it is 50% less calories I could eat twice as much, resulting in the same calories. Also, vegetables-only does not seem that much less than a normal one (talking more like pepperoni but not a full meat-fest).

In regards to eating more, I have also noticed that I am able to maintain a lower intake on "off" days without feeling hungry. Also I did start feeling more energy to be more active. My TDEE is about 2300 and I am able to eat 1500 comfortably - 5 days brings me a deficit of 4000. If I am correct I can eat about 6000 on my cheat day to maintain?

I have no idea what your history with eating is or what your goals are. I would say that a desire to regularly have a cheat day of 6,000 calories would *for me* be an indication that I was not actually comfortable eating 1,500 calories a day.

I'm guessing that your goal isn't to eat the same amount of calories each day and you want to do some sort of up/down schedule. Six days of 1,500 and one day of 6,000 seems like a really big jump though.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

True - it can be high or low calories: thin crust will have less calories but weight-wise (and therefore volume?) it seems to be the same, meaning that if it is 50% less calories I could eat twice as much, resulting in the same calories. Also, vegetables-only does not seem that much less than a normal one (talking more like pepperoni but not a full meat-fest).

In regards to eating more, I have also noticed that I am able to maintain a lower intake on "off" days without feeling hungry. Also I did start feeling more energy to be more active. My TDEE is about 2300 and I am able to eat 1500 comfortably - 5 days brings me a deficit of 4000. If I am correct I can eat about 6000 on my cheat day to maintain?

While the math work may work out for you, I'd be careful. That kind of variance can suggest existing or brewing problems. I don't know you, I'm not accusing your or anything like that. I'm just noting what I've seen/experienced.

And yes, I've noticed similar patterns - easier to stick to relatively low days after a really high day. Usually because I'm still processing/feeling the volume of food from the day(s) before. Again, be careful... make sure you know what you're doing and you're being honest with yourself about why.