Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Halloween Issues

Options

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »
    My only Halloween issue now is whether to buy some Reese's pb Christmas Trees along with the pb pumpkins. I mean, they're right next to each other, how can I not?

Um, because it's not *kitten* christmas time??? Why don't you just buy some peeps, too?

Have some respect will ya?

Yes, but the pb to chocolate ratio on the trees is so much better! Save your outrage for the retailers playing Christmas carols in October :tongue:

Maybe I'm just jaded... halloween candy AND christmas candy, but no Cadbury Mini Eggs (easter candy)??? #sadface

I've seen these, which are the Christmas variation of mini eggs. [Img]"https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cadbury-Holiday-Candy-Coated-Solid-Milk-Chocolate-Snowballs-10-Oz/21566292?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=5092&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-482018033502:pla-51320962143&wl5=1026441&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=21566292&wl13=5092&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAjwvNXeBRAjEiwAjqYhFqXg2FJiOdgqjIp5xu1H_GQPF0T2hkTAB6LU_6qCJ6BFbD4AI48qOBoC6iAQAvD_BwE"[/img]
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    You parents. Follow behind your trick or treaters in your Volvo and keep a written log of every address where they demand candy. Then, within 48 hours of trick or treating, make your children compose handwritten thank you cards to each and every address, stamp them and mail them. It's the polite way

Hey @newmeadow, how are you? I'm looking for some sage advice. Is white a really bad color to wear after Memorial Day? I live in SoCal and wore white pants out while shopping.

I am glad to see you about.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    You parents. Follow behind your trick or treaters in your Volvo and keep a written log of every address where they demand candy. Then, within 48 hours of trick or treating, make your children compose handwritten thank you cards to each and every address, stamp them and mail them. It's the polite way

Hey @newmeadow, how are you? I'm looking for some sage advice. Is white a really bad color to wear after Memorial Day? I live in SoCal and wore white pants out while shopping.

With your long legs, trim thighs and northern European hip structure I'm going to say you can get away with it, especially in the west coast culture which is a little more loosey goosey than the coastal northeast.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The only issue I have with Halloween is the small number of kids that stop here. I want a variety of candy but I don't want a lot of leftover so what to do???? in the meantime, I was at Michael's Crafts yesterday and found a necklace with flashing lighted green spiders I can weave in my hair to go along with my witch costume (including black velvet cloak lined with green satin). It was even 70% off!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The only issue I have with Halloween is the small number of kids that stop here. I want a variety of candy but I don't want a lot of leftover so what to do???? in the meantime, I was at Michael's Crafts yesterday and found a necklace with flashing lighted green spiders I can weave in my hair to go along with my witch costume (including black velvet cloak lined with green satin). It was even 70% off!

We never know. Some years we get flooded with trick-or-treaters, others it's just a trickle. Rain is in the forecast, so I'm thinking this year might be slow.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Donate your leftover candy. Local non profits like a Boys and Girls Club, women's shelter, sports camp etc are usually more than happy to take donations.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

With your long legs, trim thighs and northern European hip structure I'm going to say you can get away with it, especially in the west coast culture which is a little more loosey goosey than the coastal northeast.

I beg to differ!!!

I'm considered the loosest goose in the North East. I wear white after labor day and also wear red lipstick during work hours.
    I believe that she should not wear the white pants unless she's walking a perfumed beagle and wearing a D&G trench coat.
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oriental trading bulk cheap fun toys 😊
  • newmeadow
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

I beg to differ!!!

I'm considered the loosest goose in the North East. I wear white after labor day and also wear red lipstick during work hours.
    I believe that she should not wear the white pants unless she's walking a perfumed beagle and wearing a D&G trench coat.

Okay, but what a girl wears on a golf course isn't necessarily subject to the local rules of etiquette because that's a whole different world. Beagle-friendly environments are seemingly coming more into vogue, and a little Chanel #5 helps break the ice, yes.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I beg to differ!!!

Okay, but what a girl wears on a golf course isn't necessarily subject to the local rules of etiquette because that's a whole different world. Beagle-friendly environments are seemingly coming more into vogue, and a little Chanel #5 helps break the ice, yes.

If only that Burberry coat hadn't been stolen. We could all go swimming with the fishes. Ugh. That has a different connotation here...
  • newmeadow
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I beg to differ!!!

If only that Burberry coat hadn't been stolen. We could all go swimming with the fishes. Ugh. That has a different connotation here...

Me, you, queen lizard, 100 proof, the beagle and a baggie of chlorine resistant goldfish from Woolworths can all go in search of the perfect swimming experience after we shop at Nieman's for the appropriate attire. We'll try and influence 100 Proof's fashion selections with some diplomatic counseling. But if she insists on something nontraditional and eclectic we'll smile and concede as she is very headstrong.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

I beg to differ!!!

Me, you, queen lizard, 100 proof, the beagle and a baggie of chlorine resistant goldfish from Woolworths can all go in search of the perfect swimming experience after we shop at Nieman's for the appropriate attire. We'll try and influence 100 Proof's fashion selections with some diplomatic counseling. But if she insists on something nontraditional and eclectic we'll smile and concede as she is very headstrong.

Listen I'm open to suggestions here too.
    With Halloween right around the corner and all, we might as well go for it!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I beg to differ!!!

Will the clam shack serve food to the chlorine resistant goldfish?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »

I beg to differ!!!

Will the clam shack serve food to the chlorine resistant goldfish?

The Clam Shack is a little old place where we can get together! (ducks and runs)

:laugh:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

I can't tell you how many times I've had to do those for physical therapy!