• DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Work goals: build cool stuff in Power BI, release new app

Fitness: lose 20 and get my abs back
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options
    I just signed up for an Ironman a year from now in Mexico.

Time to start training.

Good luck that would be an impressive feat

• kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Time to start training.

I completed one in 2010. I was much younger and far less caffeine-fueled then. I’d like to get back to that level of physical fitness again.

Plus. Cabo for a week. Why not?

Also, I scheduled my trip around the race being on day 2. That way I can enjoy myself for the rest of it.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options

Time to start training.

I completed one in 2010. I was much younger and far less caffeine-fueled then. I’d like to get back to that level of physical fitness again.

Also, I scheduled my trip around the race being on day 2. That way I can enjoy myself for the rest of it.

Damn that’s awesome. Definitely got a great plan worked out. How does the training regime look?

Better live it up. I’ve run several half’s and I think that’s my limit. I’m fairly certain I would drown before I made landfall with an Ironman
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm basically OK just continuing on with the way things are going, but I think I could try new things. I've been maintaining at goal weight for several years now, and I've hit all my fitness goals long ago. I'm happy with my fitness and confident about my body. I could just keep going with the standard goal of getting stronger and faster, etc., but that's automatically what I try to do anyway.

I just think I could have more fun if I tried out some new fitness activities in addition to my usual favorites. I might try some belly dancing, rock climbing, maybe martial arts or a new sport. Something different just to shake up the routine...

Great question, OP. It got me thinking. :D
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I'm basically OK just continuing on with the way things are going, but I think I could try new things. I've been maintaining at goal weight for several years now, and I've hit all my fitness goals long ago. I'm happy with my fitness and confident about my body. I could just keep going with the standard goal of getting stronger and faster, etc., but that's automatically what I try to do anyway.

I just think I could have more fun if I tried out some new fitness activities in addition to my usual favorites. I might try some belly dancing, rock climbing, maybe martial arts or a new sport. Something different just to shake up the routine...

Great question, OP. It got me thinking. :D

Sounds awesome! Congrats on the maintenance. Trying new things is always fun
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Time to start training.

Damn that’s awesome. Definitely got a great plan worked out. How does the training regime look?

Better live it up. I’ve run several half’s and I think that’s my limit. I’m fairly certain I would drown before I made landfall with an Ironman

Right now, I’m starting slow. My goal is swim for an hour and then run for 30 minutes three times a week. Im already cycling on the weekends. 50 miles is usually right around the 3.5 hour mark, so I feel I am in a good place with that and can increase the duration over time gradually. I just booked this on a whim last week, so I’m still working out all of the details.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options

Time to start training.

Right now, I’m starting slow. My goal is swim for an hour and then run for 30 minutes three times a week. Im already cycling on the weekends. 50 miles is usually right around the 3.5 hour mark, so I feel I am in a good place with that and can increase the duration over time gradually. I just booked this on a whim last week, so I’m still working out all of the details.

Just being consistent which sounds you are. Good luck sounds like an awesome experience and you will truly earn the Ironwoman title.

Dang now I’m motivated to sign up for that tri I’ve been putting off
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jesus it’s not even Halloween and we are setting our New Years resolutions

You didn't capitalize 'Jesus'.

I think you might be in trouble with him now.

um is there an admin around???? this guy Motors Heen is talking about religion which i think is illegal here

Dang.

Maybe there's another Jesus around ?

You know, a secular one.

Dude, there are thousands of them!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    When I really think about it, my main goal has always been and will continue to be, staying as consistent as possible, day in and day out...

Never fall off the wagon, never find myself saying things like... I've got to get back to the gym, or I use to be able to xyz... Or, When I use to be in shape...

Hopefully the result will be noticeably bigger and noticeably leaner.

That's it really...
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible with resolutions. Thankfully, I have none specific to make. I just want to continue doing what I'm doing - weight training 4x a week, commute walking, eating well and within my macros. Maybe be less stressed. Maybe have more time for myself. And... actually, the New Year is not bad as a date for that, seeing as how I have a major thing to deliver by 31st December and I doubt it will be ready even a day before. So yeah. More time, care, sleep for myself.

Oh and end of January I'm gonna enter my first cut, provided everything works out as planned until then. That I look forward to with curiosity. And portion size related dread.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    I'm horrible with resolutions. Thankfully, I have none specific to make. I just want to continue doing what I'm doing - weight training 4x a week, commute walking, eating well and within my macros. Maybe be less stressed. Maybe have more time for myself. And... actually, the New Year is not bad as a date for that, seeing as how I have a major thing to deliver by 31st December and I doubt it will be ready even a day before. So yeah. More time, care, sleep for myself.

Oh and end of January I'm gonna enter my first cut, provided everything works out as planned until then. That I look forward to with curiosity. And portion size related dread.

You look great already Sab but good look with the cut goals...

That's one thing I would really like out of the new year... More time lol
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »

You look great already Sab but good look with the cut goals...

That's one thing I would really like out of the new year... More time lol

Hey, thanks. I started the bulk out of curiosity. It's slow, and I'm up just about 6.5 lbs or something, but it... worked. So far.

And time is the most valuable commodity indeed :smile:
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I hit my halfway goal this week, and I am ready to work hard and lose the next 50 lbs! That is my goal for 2019.. And not to end up on ID with a missing husband...
  • a7medgom3a950
    a7medgom3a950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    losing 15 kg
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Look good naked. Take lots of naked pics.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals involve hauling all the groceries in in one go and successfully descending stairs in the dark
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    improvement